Confusion

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Seeker
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Confusion

Post by Seeker »

Jesus is God and God is Jesus. God is the Father of Jesus and Jesus is the son of God. When Jesus was on the cross he was calling out to God. But Jesus is God. He was calling out to himself. I feel as if their is an easy answer to this confusion and would love some of you guys' intelligible responses. :mrgreen:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Confusion

Post by neo-x »

You are your dad, and your dad is you, Dad is the father of you and you are the son of dad. When you were on the cross, you were calling out to your dad. But you are dad. You were calling out to yourself...does that make any sense?

No, because you are confusing persons within the trinity. Jesus is God but he is not God the father, he is God the son. God or Godhead is made up of the three persons. So it is that three persons are in Godhead but the three persons are unique persons, they are not interchangeable.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Confusion

Post by Silvertusk »

Seeker wrote:Jesus is God and God is Jesus. God is the Father of Jesus and Jesus is the son of God. When Jesus was on the cross he was calling out to God. But Jesus is God. He was calling out to himself. I feel as if their is an easy answer to this confusion and would love some of you guys' intelligible responses. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the mystery that is the Trinity.