Tragic Circumstances

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Tragic Circumstances

Post by YoungApolegist »

I don't know if this is the devil trying to get at me or what, but sometimes I wonder why this is happening. In December of last year, my best friend died by trying what he thought was LSD, but it was really a research chemical called N-BOme that sent him to the E.R. He died the next day. Now, one of the members in my band died in a car accident last weekend. I haven't been to the funeral, but many of my band friends are grieving right now. I didn't know this person very well ( I can't even remember her name) , but it is sad to see another person in my life gone a few months after thee last. It seems Satan knows what kind of circumstances I have going on in my life, and he's trying to take advantage of it.
I don't know if my best friend was saved ( He died after he and I had a dispute) nor do I know if the young woman was saved or not. I pray that Jesus can return soon and get rid of all the grief and sadness in the world and replace if with happiness and joy.
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Tragic Circumstances

Post by neo-x »

Its life... Everyone has to go sooner or later. This ain't the devil. When we are with God and God is on our side then Paul says there is very little which the devil can do. So lets hope and keep praying. Be a comfort for those who grieve. If you yourself would lose heart there's very little you could do to help or inspire your friends around you.

ML king jr. Once said that life's most important question is what have you done for others. I think it fits nice into a Christian's life.

God bless you.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

When I was around 20, my grandfather, my grandmother and the grandmother of my that time boyfriend died within a very short time period. At the last funeral I was like emotionless.

As neo said, it is life.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

My father passed away last month, April 12 2014.
He passed away after a 3 year battle with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease.
He passed away as a JW.
Our Lords' grace is above ALL and He sees what is in our hearts.
That is all that matters.