World Cup Fever

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

World Cup Fever

Post by Byblos »

Go Brazil!

And the US of course.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: World Cup Fever

Post by Silvertusk »

Hate football. That is all....
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I used to watch sometimes when I was teenage.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Now this is a game of real football.

1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Image

Now this is a game of real football.

So true!
I am looking forward to a swans premiership this season ;)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I'm torn between my grand old flag (Melbourne) and Port Adelaide, my friends son is the starting ruck man Matt Lobbe and I would love to see him get a premiership medal, Melbourne has a lot of work to do before any thoughts of September. I do have a soft spot for the Sth Melbourne Blood however. :ewink:
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Melanie and Daniel,

You guys are the answer to my prayers! I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Now all I have to do is read about Australian rules football, and I go right to sleep! :sleep: :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Melanie and Daniel,

You guys are the answer to my prayers! I've been having trouble sleeping lately. Now all I have to do is read about Australian rules football, and I go right to sleep! :sleep: :mrgreen:
Let me guess you think your stop go stop go stop go NFL is so much more interesting. :yawn:
And all that armour they wear, what a joke, bunch of dumb idiots get more hurt than our guys who wear nothing but their uniforms, NFL is even more boring than soccer and a big bunch of girls blouses to boot.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:Melanie and Daniel,

Let me guess you think your stop go stop go stop go NFL is so much more interesting. :yawn:
And all that armour they wear, what a joke, bunch of dumb idiots get more hurt than our guys who wear nothing but their uniforms, NFL is even more boring than soccer and a big bunch of girls blouses to boot.
Hey, hey hey, now, this thread is about boring European football, not boring American football.

Besides which, Daniel my man, I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. The gear NFLers wear has actually made the game much, much more physical and violent. But I don't want to derail my own thread. y=; :
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Only a handful of rugby/Australian footballers have been good enough to make an nfl team.

Nuff' said. y[-(

And actually, I was just trying to rile you up. If I lived in a country like Australia, I'd rather watch Australian football than cricket or that wannabe basketball sport...netball.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Only a handful of rugby/Australian footballers have been good enough to make an nfl team.

Nuff' said. y[-(

And actually, I was just trying to rile you up. If I lived in a country like Australia, I'd rather watch Australian football than cricket or that wannabe basketball sport...netball.
I know mate and I was also trying to get you going.

Byblos is right your game is much more un-necessarily violent, a bit like you gun laws. :mrgreen:

Anyway let's get back to ignoring boring English football or as we call it soccer.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

After my beloved Portugal just got beat like a red-headed stepchild by Germany (4-0), My heart is saddened and heavy :(