Days with mornings and evenings

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
waynes world
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by waynes world »

I believe the Jewish day starts at sunset and not at sunrise and it always has been that way. I think that creates problems for those who insist that creation started at 9am on Monday Morning Oct 23rd 4004 bc!
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

The sabbith runs from sunset to sunset does it not. So perhaps you you are right that the day actually run sunset to sunset.

Also in hewbrew do we actually know if there are more meanings for the english translations of mornings and evenings?
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

I noticed something in the Hebrew and that is that the word "day" only appears twice during the creation "week" and that "evening" and "morning" never appear together but separately. Thats in the original Hebrew. I find that interesting and I wonder how we can put a 24 hour period on a day if there is no such word?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Here is an interesting theory.

http://www.geraldschroeder.com/age.html

There are a few problems with it (such as the age of the earth), plus the writer is not a Christian but a Kabbalists. However, it does make one think about the days of Creation. Perhaps this theory, with a little tweaking, who knows?
waynes world
Established Member

Post by waynes world »

I think not being a Christian maybe mr. Shroeder might be able to be more objective.