Bodies of three kidnapped Israeli teens found in West Bank

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Bodies of three kidnapped Israeli teens found in West Ba

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
1over137 wrote: Ok, strife against evil.

God is the ultimate judge.
Yes. God is the ultimate Judge, but we are still expected to judge ourselves in the right spirit. We however should not condemn anyone.
Oh snap! Did everyone see this? Gman wrote "God", not "G-d".

See how easy that was Gman? It wasn't so bad, was it? :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:And you did put out an insult Gman, how do you expect me to react? I am only asking you to clarify what do call someone who shows his "true colors"? What motivations does a person like me has which has raised red flags to you enough that you accuse me of being someone I am not?
Again. Read what I wrote.. I said "IF" you say that these boys died on the account of Israel actions, then yes, you are showing your true colors. But when you said that "no land is eternal, any more than any man is," then that plays against the Jewish people and their homeland. Whether it is antisemitic is a different story, but it has it's roots in antisemitism since Israel is a "Jewish" state.
neo-x wrote:Let me make it easy for you, for example, are you calling me antisemitic?
I have never called anyone here antisemitic although there are some here that have anti-Jewish overtones. And when I encounter such opposition, I'm going to voice my opinion as a Christian Zionist.. Frankly the way I see it, we ALL have degrees of antisemitism when we oppose G-d's Jewish people and their land that was given to them by G-d Almighty.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: Oh snap! Did everyone see this? Gman wrote "God", not "G-d".

See how easy that was Gman? It wasn't so bad, was it? :pound:
Ok.. You got me red handed... :P

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

the news are reporting that a 16 year old Palestinian was abducted and killed in retaliation for the 3 young Israeli killed

sad, sad world we live in., tit for tat., an eye for an eye mentality., that's how it goes out there in babylon the great
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Lonewolf wrote:the news are reporting that a 16 year old Palestinian was abducted and killed in retaliation for the 3 young Israeli killed

sad, sad world we live in., tit for tat., an eye for an eye mentality., that's how it goes out there in babylon the great
It is sad.. Revenge killings is never right, but I'm sure the Israeli government will go after the perpetrators.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman wrote:
neo-x wrote:And you did put out an insult Gman, how do you expect me to react? I am only asking you to clarify what do call someone who shows his "true colors"? What motivations does a person like me has which has raised red flags to you enough that you accuse me of being someone I am not?
Again. Read what I wrote.. I said "IF" you say that these boys died on the account of Israel actions, then yes, you are showing your true colors. But when you said that "no land is eternal, any more than any man is," then that plays against the Jewish people and their homeland. Whether it is antisemitic is a different story, but it has it's roots in antisemitism since Israel is a "Jewish" state.
neo-x wrote:Let me make it easy for you, for example, are you calling me antisemitic?
I have never called anyone here antisemitic although there are some here that have anti-Jewish overtones. And when I encounter such opposition, I'm going to voice my opinion as a Christian Zionist.. Frankly the way I see it, we ALL have degrees of antisemitism when we oppose G-d's Jewish people and their land that was given to them by G-d Almighty.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I DO NOT HATE JEWS.

Yes, you are calling me antisemitic, whether you like to admit it or not. No one made it personal, you started with the personal attack and I have not been personal with you but you have.

Your opinion does not and should not include over the top dramatic assumptions for others, like you did with me. I have a opinion to but that does not include personal attacks.

And the truth is, no land or man is eternal. This earth will someday either freeze or collapse or wither away, no matter what happens, its not eternal. The people fighting over it are not eternal. How can that place be holy when it has drank the blood of millions?

I am not against Israel, they do what they do to defend their country. And I don't blame the Palestinians either who get angry at Israel, its not there fault God never spoke to them about his eternal promise, so obviously they are going to get mad when Israel drives them out.

Contrary as to what a few here might believe, I have plenty of good notions for Israel. I just don't think they are bathed in milk. They are men, as corrupt as any other, as fallen as any other. If I am to discern I will rightly do so, unbiased. Israel is not above criticism and they should not be held as an exception when they disobey God's laws or ethical, social or moral boundaries.

And this is not antisemitism. You need to realize this and accept this. I am tired of you antisemitism rants and false accusations which you keep throwing at me. I will not tolerate you insulting me or others because you are hypersensitive to this issue. I have been very patient with this insulting tone of yours but you keep crossing the line.

And yes, God can rule from Disney land as well and it will be as good as any other.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I DO NOT HATE JEWS.

Yes, you are calling me antisemitic, whether you like to admit it or not. No one made it personal, you started with the personal attack and I have not been personal with you but you have.

Your opinion does not and should not include over the top dramatic assumptions for others, like you did with me. I have a opinion to but that does not include personal attacks.

And the truth is, no land or man is eternal. This earth will someday either freeze or collapse or wither away, no matter what happens, its not eternal. The people fighting over it are not eternal. How can that place be holy when it has drank the blood of millions?

I am not against Israel, they do what they do to defend their country. And I don't blame the Palestinians either who get angry at Israel, its not there fault God never spoke to them about his eternal promise, so obviously they are going to get mad when Israel drives them out.

Contrary as to what a few here might believe, I have plenty of good notions for Israel. I just don't think they are bathed in milk. They are men, as corrupt as any other, as fallen as any other. If I am to discern I will rightly do so, unbiased. Israel is not above criticism and they should not be held as an exception when they disobey God's laws or ethical, social or moral boundaries.

And this is not antisemitism. You need to realize this and accept this. I am tired of you antisemitism rants and false accusations which you keep throwing at me. I will not tolerate you insulting me or others because you are hypersensitive to this issue. I have been very patient with this insulting tone of yours but you keep crossing the line.

And yes, God can rule from Disney land as well and it will be as good as any other.
Asking questions are not personal attacks and I'm also tired of your insults too and your false accusations. But the land covenant is to be an everlasting covenant according to your Bible. And no it is not Disney land.

Genesis 17:7-8 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.”

Genesis 26:2-5 The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live. 3 Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham.

Genesis 28:13-15 There above it stood the LORD, and he said: “I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. 14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. 15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Deuteronomy 4:40 Keep his decrees and commands, which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the LORD your God gives you for all time.

1 Chronicles 16:15-18 He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations,
16 the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac. 17 He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: 18 “To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit.”

1 Chronicles 23:25 For David had said, “Since the LORD, the God of Israel, has granted rest to his people and has come to dwell in Jerusalem forever,

Jeremiah 31:35-37 This is what the LORD says, he who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the LORD Almighty is his name: 36 “Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,” declares the LORD, “will Israel ever cease being a nation before me.” 37 This is what the LORD says: “Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done,” declares the LORD.

Joshua 14:9 So on that day Moses swore to me, ‘The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.’

Psalm 105:9-11 the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac.
10 He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant:
11 “To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit.”

Psalm 89:27-29
27 And I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
28 I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail.
29 I will establish his line forever, his throne as long as the heavens endure.

Psalm 105:8-11
8 He remembers his covenant forever,
the word he commanded to a thousand generations,
9 the covenant he made with Avraham,
the oath he swore to Yitz’chak,
10 and established as a law for Ya‘akov,
for Isra’el as an everlasting covenant:
11 “To you I will give the land of Kena‘an
as your allotted heritage.”

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

G-d has not repudiated His Jewish people Romans 11:1-2, and they are still His chosen people Romans 11:11. Why? Because G-d did not destroy His covenants He made with them Romans 11:28-29. Because they are more righteous? No, because they, like us, were never righteous. Because of the promises He made to them many years ago Genesis 17:7.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Sure, I don't deny any of this. I have never said God left Israel not have I said that God didn't give them that land. I only said, I wonder if it was a mistake (which was a joke) and second that we know earth is not everlasting so obviously whatever the author of these verses meant, he meant a really long time but not in the true sense of infinite. Because that is IMPOSSIBLE.

I do object to is your hiding behind the scriptures to mask your insults at others. These verses don't justify your accusations.

And come on, I have not once insulted you personally. You accuse me I am going to question that.

And You didn't simply ask questions, you insulted me with "sadly, you have shown your true colors". These were your over the top, assumptive, dramatic words. Or have you forgotten the time when you issued a mod threat and treated me as a troll "your time is running out"

You have a history of doing this Gman. Hell, I know people here whom you have threatened to ban back when you had the power, and who left or never voiced their opinion because of your sensitivity to disagreements on this issue and your trigger happy stance where everyone is just an antisemite because they happen to disagree with you. You have thrown these insults around a lot.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

1 Corinthians 13:4-13
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 [a]bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I [c]became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror [d]dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the [e]greatest of these is love.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:Sure, I don't deny any of this. I have never said God left Israel not have I said that God didn't give them that land. I only said, I wonder if it was a mistake (which was a joke) and second that we know earth is not everlasting so obviously whatever the author of these verses meant, he meant a really long time but not in the true sense of infinite. Because that is IMPOSSIBLE.
Not exactly... This link best describes the new heaven and the new earth.

http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/heaven.html
neo-x wrote:I do object to is your hiding behind the scriptures to mask your insults at others. These verses don't justify your accusations.

And come on, I have not once insulted you personally. You accuse me I am going to question that.

And You didn't simply ask questions, you insulted me with "sadly, you have shown your true colors". These were your over the top, assumptive, dramatic words. Or have you forgotten the time when you issued a mod threat and treated me as a troll "your time is running out"
Again a question was asked, and now you are panicking. .. And yes you have been insulting others. In fact, I'm not the only one that has been having trouble with you. There was talk among the mods about banning you a number of times.
neo-x wrote:You have a history of doing this Gman. Hell, I know people here whom you have threatened to ban back when you had the power, and who left or never voiced their opinion because of your sensitivity to disagreements on this issue and your trigger happy stance where everyone is just an antisemite because they happen to disagree with you. You have thrown these insults around a lot.
Again, the world doesn't revolve around you. And I never called you or anyone else here antisemitic, if so, show me where I called anyone here antisemitic?

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

I know neo very well. And the picture one may get from this thread is not the neo I know.

Gentlemen, please be gentlemen.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I am simply showing you that you did abuse your status in the past. I don't see that as panic.

And banning me for a justified reason is fine. No mod approached me or told me what they were having a problem with me. If what you say it true and I was at fault, then I wonder why no one told me or warned me so? In any case I'd be happy to listen and clear the problem.
Again, the world doesn't revolve around you. And I never called you or anyone else here antisemitic, if so, show me where I called anyone here antisemitic?
I don't have time to dig up old threads but I don't have to, I have seen such instances in threads myself. And even in this thread you said we are all antisemtic when we oppose God's people. Antisemtism is not that FYI. Antisemtism is when someone hates Jews because of a racial difference. Not because they disagree with them.

As for your link, I am ok if this is somewhere else, like in another universe.

from your link
The characteristics of the new creation tell us that it will be vastly different from what we are used to on earth. Probably most noticeable difference will be the lack of gravity. The New Jerusalem is described as a 1,500 mile cube. Structures of this size would automatically become a sphere in this universe, because of gravity.
This is simply not true. Plus notice the contradiction, above there is no gravity and below Rich says that gravity is going to make Jerusalem a sphere.

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

1over137 wrote:I know neo very well. And the picture one may get from this thread is not the neo I know.

Yeah, you are right...sorry the antisemitic charge upset me a lot. I will put that aside now.

without.

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

neo-x wrote:
1over137 wrote:I know neo very well. And the picture one may get from this thread is not the neo I know.

Yeah, you are right...sorry the antisemitic charge upset me a lot. I will put that aside now.
Neo is right Gman. You need to drop the knee jerk reaction with anti-Semitic charges. Calling Israel to question for some of her actions is not anti-Semitic. It is judging a group of humans by the laws and morals that God himself gave us. No one is above approach. No one. Please take off your Rose tinted glasses of that country. You can be patriotic about a nation by calling it out when it is wrong as well. There are many times I have been appalled about the actions of my country - still does not mean I do not love it and want it to flourish. Just be careful with the language you use on here. Forums are notoriously bad for misreading peoples intentions.

Silvertusk.