Did God really die?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Did God really die?

Post by Lonewolf »

And on the third day he rose from the dead.,
1 Corinthians, chapter 15

But yet He said to the criminal..

.."Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" And He (Jesus) said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."
Luke, chapter 23
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Did God really die?

Post by PaulSacramento »

The physical body of the Son of God died, yes.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Where do you think Jesus went when he was 'dead' for those 3 days before he went to be with The Father?
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Hey Paul, hey Melanie

OK, so Paul says the physical body, but not the spiritual, and Jesus is raised in a sort of physical form., why? So that we may believe that He can raise our bodies? Expand on the answer, if you would Paul. Thanxs.

Melanie, if He had not yet ascended up to the father, and "if" He was not yet in paradise, why would He have told that man that he would be in paradise with Him this day?
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Lonewolf wrote:Hey Paul, hey Melanie

OK, so Paul says the physical body, but not the spiritual, and Jesus is raised in a sort of physical form., why? So that we may believe that He can raise our bodies? Expand on the answer, if you would Paul. Thanxs.

Melanie, if He had not yet ascended up to the father, and "if" He was not yet in paradise, why would He have told that man that he would be in paradise with Him this day?
Why was Jesus raised in a physical form?
Well, probably because THAT form is the form for THIS realm.
I don't know if in Heaven the angels have the same form that they do when they come here, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was different.
The thing is that Jesus's resurrected body was the first of the resurrection to come, when ALL that hear His voice will be resurrected into similar bodies with similar capacities.
I don't think the reason was to make us believe He can do that BUT because the physical resurrection MEANT something far more than simply seeing a spirit, it meant the beginning of the Kingdom Of God, the beginning of the end of things, the beginning of the resurrection of all.
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

While on a work break tonight, I began to read, and as always, I asked for God to show me., and God knowing me better than I know myself, He showed me the scripture., Romans, chapter 7, verses 1 through 4., never before had this scripture made as much sense to me as it does now, and it pertains to my own question on this topic., Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Yes, God died. Really. Jesus is God. Jesus died. Ergo, God died.

The Father did not die. The Holy Spirit did not die. The Son, who is God, died. Therefore, God died. God did not die via His divine nature, but rather via His human nature, which He took on in the incarnation. You could say the same thing about all human activities Jesus did.

Did God become hungry? Yes.
Did God become sleepy? Yes.
Did God walk? Yes.
Did God sit? Yes.
Did God trim His beard? Yes.
Did God drink wine? Yes.
Did God sweat? Yes.
Did God smell bad after said sweat? Yes.

You get the point. He did all of that because Jesus did all of that. But Jesus did all that through His human nature and not His divine nature.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.