Is baptism a condition of salvation?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Is baptism a condition of salvation?

Post by Byblos »

B. W. wrote: ... "so I take it you are of the three god popeish clic" ...
I'm trying to imagine B.W. as part of the three god popeish click. That's just hysterical. :pound: :pound: :pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:
There are too many milk toasts out there that need a Holy Ghost shot in the arm for direction in life...
Forget the Holy Ghost shot in the arm. How about a Holy Ghost machine gun.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I once heard a preacher pray to a Truck of holy ghost to over run the minions of the devil.
on another occasion:
I heard a kid pray "holy ghost punch the devil, you do a right, then a left and finish with an uppercut."

am not joking :lol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Byblos wrote:
B. W. wrote: ... "so I take it you are of the three god popeish clic" ...
I'm trying to imagine B.W. as part of the three god popeish click. That's just hysterical. :pound: :pound: :pound:
Thought you would enjoy that one Byblos!

RickD wrote:
B. W. wrote:
There are too many milk toasts out there that need a Holy Ghost shot in the arm for direction in life...
Forget the Holy Ghost shot in the arm. How about a Holy Ghost machine gun.
neo-x wrote:I once heard a preacher pray to a Truck of holy ghost to over run the minions of the devil.
on another occasion:
I heard a kid pray "holy ghost punch the devil, you do a right, then a left and finish with an uppercut."

am not joking :lol:
Well Rick and Neo, that just made my day a bit more sunny with cheer :lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

Baptism for me, at the time of my "believing" was not a matter of "having to do" ., it was however, a sign for me to start living contrary to what I had been living without Christ., I expected the Holy Spirit to descent upon me, not as it did upon Christ, but surely as a believer in Him., I expected this to be a turn-around from my sins and sin no more type of thing., that has been my turning point in life., I have died to myself and been reborn to a new life in Christ.

Over the many years I have come to read, listen and learn about the many "interpretations" of what baptism is supposed to be about., confused about the diff understandings ~> I have come to be from time to time., but when it comes down to it, it is very basic and simple., you hear, you believe, you take action, and you turn away from your old ways of believing., you become a new creature., one who the Lord our Christ never ever abandons., no matter what!

That is what baptism means to me., I don't know about everybody else's interpretation in this new age "theological world" !!!
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Lonewolf wrote:Baptism for me, at the time of my "believing" was not a matter of "having to do" ., it was however, a sign for me to start living contrary to what I had been living without Christ., I expected the Holy Spirit to descent upon me, not as it did upon Christ, but surely as a believer in Him., I expected this to be a turn-around from my sins and sin no more type of thing., that has been my turning point in life., I have died to myself and been reborn to a new life in Christ.

Over the many years I have come to read, listen and learn about the many "interpretations" of what baptism is supposed to be about., confused about the diff understandings ~> I have come to be from time to time., but when it comes down to it, it is very basic and simple., you hear, you believe, you take action, and you turn away from your old ways of believing., you become a new creature., one who the Lord our Christ never ever abandons., no matter what!

That is what baptism means to me., I don't know about everybody else's interpretation in this new age "theological world" !!!
What was the time period between your starting to believe and your baptism?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

1over137 wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Baptism for me, at the time of my "believing" was not a matter of "having to do" ., it was however, a sign for me to start living contrary to what I had been living without Christ., I expected the Holy Spirit to descent upon me, not as it did upon Christ, but surely as a believer in Him., I expected this to be a turn-around from my sins and sin no more type of thing., that has been my turning point in life., I have died to myself and been reborn to a new life in Christ.

What was the time period between your starting to believe and your baptism?

My dear Lady, if you believe, and you repent from your sins, then there is no waiting time., the time is now., the rest, He will will fulfill in you.
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I take it that your answer is several days/weeks.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

1over137 wrote:I take it that your answer is several days/weeks.

"36 And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” 38 And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him."

Acts, chapter 8.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Lonewolf wrote:
1over137 wrote:I take it that your answer is several days/weeks.

"36 And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” 38 And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him."

Acts, chapter 8.

Ok, several hours ;)

#foreverinmyheart