Did Jesus come to cause Trouble and Disunity ? Absolutely !

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Did Jesus come to cause Trouble and Disunity ? Absolutely !

Post by LittleHamster »

Matt 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law- -a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.""

Luke 12:51
"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

I gotta admit, he's doing a sterling Job ! I would guess that the reason he is saying/doing this is because people have turned away from the God and they need to be reminded, by way of tribulation, that they should be devoting their worship and love more towards the Son/Father rather than anyone else. As Matthew then recites....

Matt 10:37
"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Did Jesus come to cause Trouble and Disunity ? Absolute

Post by PaulSacramento »

Anyone that preaches against convention of the times will bring disorder.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Who is my Lord? Is it my mother? No.
Sometimes there are very hard times. But my mother is not my Lord, not the one I love the most. So no, I will not do as she wishes when it is contrary to my love for my Lord.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

1over137 wrote:Who is my Lord? Is it my mother? No.
Sometimes there are very hard times. But my mother is not my Lord, not the one I love the most. So no, I will not do as she wishes when it is contrary to my love for my Lord.
Its more than that really.
What is God?
God is love, justice, what is right.
To be against God is to be against love, justice, what is right.
Christ brought disunity because there were those that were inciting riots and He preached peace, there were those causing trouble and being elitists, and he preached tolerance and serving rather than ruling.
The Way of Christ is in servitude, in love, compassion, tolerance and helping those in need that can't help themselves and anyone that is against that, is against Christ.
Who would want to be with THEM ?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Yes, it is more. Was an example from my life.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart