Transfiguration of Jesus - pls explain in 500 words or less

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Transfiguration of Jesus - pls explain in 500 words or less

Post by LittleHamster »

Does anybody have any deep insight into what happens when someone (e.g. Jesus) becomes transfigured ?
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Transfiguration of Jesus - pls explain in 500 words or l

Post by PaulSacramento »

Jesus' transfiguration is described very well in Matthew 17:1-8 and in Luke 9:28-36

It is how Jesus TRULY looks now in Heaven and humans can only see that when they are in having a "vision", ie: "in the spirit", like John of Patmos and Paul ( not including his FIRST vision that blinded him because he was NOT in the spirit).
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Thanks Paul, I sort of already know the "where it happened", the "when it happened", the "who it happened" to and a little on the "how it happened".

I'm more interested whether there is a deeper meaning in the "why it happened".

For example, is it symbolic of something humanity may achieve one day or was just a simple, one-off "thanks JC, I'm well pleased" by the God the Father?
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

LittleHamster wrote:Thanks Paul, I sort of already know the "where it happened", the "when it happened", the "who it happened" to and a little on the "how it happened".

I'm more interested whether there is a deeper meaning in the "why it happened".

For example, is it symbolic of something humanity may achieve one day or was just a simple, one-off "thanks JC, I'm well pleased" by the God the Father?
It was to show John, James and Peter WHO and WHAT Jesus really was, sort of a "just in case you still are not sure, BAM !"
They understood from what they saw the significance not only because they were probably familiar with Daniel's "Son of Man" description but also HEARING God for the first time ever.

Well we have bodies like that after the resurrection?
Yes, I believe so and so did Paul.
Will they be EXACTLY like Jesus's? no I don't think so, we will be "like the angels".