Do you limit God?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Do you limit God?

Post by melanie »

Philip wrote:
Both sides, well, limit God... :swoon:
Absolutely!
I agree!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:
Philip wrote:
Absolutely!
I agree!
Both sides? Are you saying all Christians have to be either a Calvinist or an Arminian? Or, are you referring only to those who are either Calvinist or Arminian? And those of us who aren't either, don't limit God?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:
Philip wrote:
Absolutely!
I agree!
Both sides? Are you saying all Christians have to be either a Calvinist or an Arminian? Or, are you referring only to those who are either Calvinist or Arminian? And those of us who aren't either, don't limit God?
No I am not Rick. It is about being a follower of Christ - a disciple of Christ. Not about being a follower/disciple of Calvin or Arminus... doctrine.

Reminds me of what the Apostle Paul said in 1 Co 1:12-13, 1 Co 3:4-7, 1 Co 3:21,22,23... does it not?

Both sides have truths but then drift off into camps of division and strife and self seeking is - well - is not from God is it? as per - 1 Co 3:3, James 3:13,14,15,16,17,18, 1 Co 14:33

People can be so stubborn in either of these camps that they stain Christ's character. We been through this before on this Forum and seen this happen here. I do not think we can solve the difference between the two groups as the answer to both is often misconstrued and changed to bend to the will of man.

The answer is simple and Found in Gen 3:9. If God refused to call, where would we all be?

Jesus is revealed as the Word become Flesh...

Jesus in the OT was known as Messenger YHWH - from the Panyim (presences) of God...

He who hears His word ...

John 5:24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." NKJV

If he never spoke - who then can hearken to what is said?

God's call goes out to the ends of the earth as mentioned in Isa 45:22. Please note the context of this verse as well as Rom 10:18 and note the call goes to all, not some, but all, in order to be true and just about going out the ends of the earth...

Think on it a bit...

Hyper Arminian free will makes God a subservient and makes it possible that one can save themselves. Hyper Calvinism limits the atonement of Christ to a select group who in reality do not need to hear the word of the Gospel, just elected, and leaves out the - to the ends of the earth - principle of God's Call to all that proves God is just even to the unjust. He calls to all... even to them he knows will never accept him.

With that, have a nice day...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Note that Jesus says, "I stand at the door and knock" - obviously, alerting of His presence and hopefully expectant (although He has always known the response) and desireous that someone open the door. And it is HE that first made the DOOR possible and has already done all that is necessary for one to RECEIVE He Whom is behind the door. At this juncture, one must OPEN THE DOOR, through faith. Also note that He will not knock the door down nor force one to open the door. He's made possible the choice as well as the options, parameters and ramifications, and encourages all to open HIS door.