Did Pilate’s wife have a dream to save Jesus

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Did Pilate’s wife have a dream to save Jesus

Post by Lonewolf »

When he (Pilate) sat down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him saying, "Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.” (Matt 27:19)
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Did Pilate’s wife have a dream to save Jesus

Post by Starhunter »

Lonewolf wrote:When he (Pilate) sat down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him saying, "Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.” (Matt 27:19)
Pilot was about to make a crucial decision, and as far as God is concerned, he needed help to make the right decision not to condemn Christ.
Christ would have been killed without Pilot's decision, and I believe if no one lay a hand on Christ, He would have gone to the temple and died lying on the alter of burnt offerings.
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Starhunter wrote:
Christ would have been killed without Pilot's decision, and I believe if no one lay a hand on Christ, He would have gone to the temple and died lying on the alter of burnt offerings.
How do you figure that? ^ ^
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Who caused Pilate's wife to have that dream?
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Lonewolf wrote:
Starhunter wrote:
How do you figure that? ^ ^
Jesus said about His death "the last hour is come". It was the time of the Passover, and He was to be that lamb. Everything else was working to the schedule of His understanding of prophecy up to that time.
And then He took on the sins of the world in the garden on Mt Olivet, through a terrible struggle. It would only be a matter of time until He died from that separation. He expressed a "sorrow unto death" to the disciples around that time. the sacrificial system was valid until He died, but instead He was crucified outside of the walls of Jerusalem. The death of Christ was far removed from anything Holy and symbolical of His mission.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Lonewolf wrote:Who caused Pilate's wife to have that dream?
The Lord, because she called Him "that just man." if the dream was inspired by the enemy, she would have said "that man." She was suffering with compassionate concern for an innocent man.
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Starhunter wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Who caused Pilate's wife to have that dream?
The Lord, because she called Him "that just man." if the dream was inspired by the enemy, she would have said "that man." She was suffering with compassionate concern for an innocent man.
Good observation in your reading., kept me from drifting into other analogies.

Thanxs
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Starhunter wrote:...she called Him "that just man." if the dream was inspired by the enemy, she would have said "that man."
Very good, Starhunter! An excellent insight you've provided for me: religious ultra-pious Jews (who have had the ''wool pulled over their eyes'' by the Evil One as far as Jesus is concerned, call Him ''That man'' because they refuse to say His name.

FL y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +