Gospel of Jesus - cross referenced from 3 sources

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Gospel of Jesus - cross referenced from 3 sources

Post by LittleHamster »

After reading it a bit, it does not sound like Jesus from the gospels in the new testament but more of a spiritual text.

"Thus we have three distinct copies of this scripture attested from three separate ancient sources, two in Coptic, one in Greek."

Check it out here ....http://gnosis.org/naghamm/sjc.html

Any opinions on this ? Has it been ignored for a good reason ? Is there any usefulness in propagating this sort of information ?

I personally try to study all scripture whether good, bad, right, wrong, relevant, irrelevant and use a bit of discernment along the way.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Rob
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Gospel of Jesus - cross referenced from 3 sources

Post by Rob »

Haven't checked it out yet, but the link alone makes me think that this is a Gnostic thing.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

LittleHamster wrote:
After reading it a bit, it does not sound like Jesus from the gospels in the new testament but more of a spiritual text.
After reading it a bit, my eyes rolled heavenward :roll: in extasy of the ineffable One, magnificent in his eternal, immesurable Glory subsumed in Goodness and Power and Might...O! that my heart would know Thee perfectly. O Mighty Provider!
LittleHamster wrote:Has it been ignored for a good reason ?
Yes.
LittleHamster wrote:Is there any usefulness in propagating this sort of information ?
I can't think of any.
LittleHamster wrote:I personally try to study all scripture whether good, bad, right, wrong, relevant, irrelevant and use a bit of discernment along the way.
Excellent! However, ''Scripture'' is limited to the 66 books of the Bible.* This ''Gospel'' of Jesus must be considered to be in the same vein as The Book of Mormon.

FL :amen:

*Add the 6 deuterocanonicals of the Roman Catholic edition of the Bible if you wish.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote: LittleHamster wrote:
Is there any usefulness in propagating this sort of information ?

I can't think of any.

There maybe some usefullness - It may give us a deeper insight into the workings of the Holy Spirit and how it operates in coordination with God-the-father and God-the-Son. Consequently, however, 'eating from this tree of knowledge' might have the adverse effect of distracting people away from faith-based worship, e.g. like some aspects of the new-age movement comes to mind.

What do you reckon F.L. ...Is too much knowledge a bad thing for those not ready to handle it ?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

LittleHamster wrote:There maybe some usefullness - It may give us a deeper insight into the workings of the Holy Spirit and how it operates in coordination with God-the-father and God-the-Son. Consequently, however, 'eating from this tree of knowledge' might have the adverse effect of distracting people away from faith-based worship, e.g. like some aspects of the new-age movement comes to mind.
There is no spiritual usefulness in the ''Gospel'' of Jesus because it isn't inspired by the Holy Spirit. This is why I said,
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:''Scripture'' is limited to the 66 books of the Bible. This ''Gospel'' of Jesus must be considered to be in the same vein as The Book of Mormon.
You wouldn't read The Book of Mormon to get ''deeper insight into the workings of the Holy Spirit...'' would you?

As for ''eating from this tree of knowledge'', the fruit of this ''Gospel'' is bad. Leave it for the perverted.

Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
LittleHamster wrote:There maybe some usefullness - It may give us a deeper insight into the workings of the Holy Spirit and how it operates in coordination with God-the-father and God-the-Son. Consequently, however, 'eating from this tree of knowledge' might have the adverse effect of distracting people away from faith-based worship, e.g. like some aspects of the new-age movement comes to mind.
There is no spiritual usefulness in the ''Gospel'' of Jesus because it isn't inspired by the Holy Spirit. This is why I said,
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:''Scripture'' is limited to the 66 books of the Bible. This ''Gospel'' of Jesus must be considered to be in the same vein as The Book of Mormon.
You wouldn't read The Book of Mormon to get ''deeper insight into the workings of the Holy Spirit...'' would you?

As for ''eating from this tree of knowledge'', the fruit of this ''Gospel'' is bad. Leave it for the perverted.

FL is correct. I would stay clear away from these teachings.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Ok, I will put "the gospel of Jesus" on the low priority list of stuff to read along with the other ~1,900 or so other books on my low priority reading list. :D