Internet finally fixed!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Internet finally fixed!

Post by melanie »

Finally after a month, Optus has fixed my lines.
Sadly it took me losing my cool and getting quite angry out of frustration before they pulled their fingers out and resolved the problem.
I always try and stay patient because I understand that it is not the people living in Pakistan who have made the management decision to have all issues resolved through telecommunication in Pakistan. But I spoke to so many different people, went over the problem, repeated myself, over and over again, half of the people I spoke to were not qualified to even begin to understand the more complicated issue I was having with my lines. Basically it took nearly 4 weeks to get it through their heads that I had no main line connection from the street into the house. They just kept saying that we were connected.
I kinda really lost it in the end, but I guess they fixed it!
Glad to back :)
Last edited by melanie on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Internet finally fixed!

Post by Philip »

Hey, Mel - wondered whatever happened to you. Guess we are all rather addicted to the online life - when it goes down, it's almost like life before TV or phones.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

One of my biggest pet peeves, bad customer service. You have much more patience than I. I would've been screaming a long time ago.

Companies need to be accountable for bad service.

Welcome back. And please don't take your frustration out on us. :innocent: :nunchaku:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

melanie wrote:Finally after a month, Optus has fixed my lines.
Sadly it took me losing my cool and getting quite angry out of frustration before they pulled their fingers out and resolved the problem.
I always try and stay patient because I understand that it is not the people living in Pakistan who have made the management decision to have all issues resolved through telecommunication in Pakistan. But I spoke to so many different people, went over the problem, repeated myself, over and over again, half of the people I spoke to were not qualified to even begin to understand the more complicated issue I was having with my lines. Basically it took nearly 4 weeks to get it through their heads that I had no main line connection from the street into the house. They just kept saying that we were connected.
Come on, you can tell us...
You finally noticed the modem was off right?
:lol:
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Mel is back. :twodancing:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

It was more the kids who were driving me nuts or I should say my 13 year old son was lost without Internet. At first I thought it may be a nice break for a little while, but even I was well and truly over it in the end.
Bad customer service really peeves me too, it should not have been that difficult.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

PaulSacramento wrote:
melanie wrote:Finally after a month, Optus has fixed my lines.
Come on, you can tell us...
You finally noticed the modem was off right?
:lol:
Hehe shushh Paul
I wasn't going to tell ;)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

1over137 wrote:Mel is back. :twodancing:
y>:D< :cheers: