Scientist claims black holes don't exist....

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Scientist claims black holes don't exist....

Post by 1over137 »

What is your purpose being here on this board?

Why you came here?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
TheQuestor
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by TheQuestor »

1over137 wrote:What is your purpose being here on this board?

Why you came here?
Well DRDS posted a link, that said that "Scientist claims black holes don't exist...." This is a topic, that intrigues me, and I came to learn, and discuss.

PS. So if you bought some, or all of Hawking's books, that the author himself now says are full of nonsense, don't blame me.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

But your words that you came here to learn do not align with your deeds.

Hawking is not a scientist I would trust.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

1over137 wrote:But your words that you came here to learn do not align with your deeds.

Hawking is not a scientist I would trust.
Stephen Hawking is an English theoretical physicist and cosmologist who is widely considered to be one of the greatest scientists alive today. He is currently the director of research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology, University of Cambridge.

http://www.famousscientists.org/stephen-hawking/

Stephen then went on to Cambridge to do research in Cosmology, there being no one working in that area in Oxford at the time. His supervisor was Denis Sciama, although he had hoped to get Fred Hoyle who was working in Cambridge. After gaining his Ph.D. he became first a Research Fellow and later on a Professorial Fellow at Gonville and Caius College. After leaving the Institute of Astronomy in 1973, Stephen came to the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics in 1979, and held the post of Lucasian Professor of Mathematics from 1979 until 2009. The chair was founded in 1663 with money left in the will of the Reverend Henry Lucas who had been the Member of Parliament for the University. It was first held by Isaac Barrow and then in 1669 by Isaac Newton. Stephen is still an active part of Cambridge University and retains an office at the Department for Applied Maths and Theoretical Physics. His title is now the Dennis Stanton Avery and Sally Tsui Wong-Avery Director of Research at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics.

http://www.hawking.org.uk/about-stephen.html

All that said, Hawking is perhaps the most educated science fiction writer ever. The fact remains, Hawking was trusted and his books were bought, so just like the tuition at Caltech money rules.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Whatever.

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Why you came here?
:troll2: :sban:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Kurieuo wrote:

Why you came here?
His ideas are not exactly the same as ours, so, Crucify him..................................
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

TheQuestor wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Why you came here?
His ideas are not exactly the same as ours, so, Crucify him..................................
That's exactly it isn't it? :wave:
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Kurieuo wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Why you came here?
Well, there was a scientific discussion happening here, that you changed to ban him (a crucified person is banned from further speech), so yea, that's about it. Now one can extrapolate, that the current Catholic acceptance and teaching that both evolution and the big bang are in fact real, will actually have the effect of bridging the gaps between certain, non Christian religions, and Catholicism. However these same Catholic ideas will totally destroy the fallacious ideas that the Earth is 5 to 10 thousand years old, and evolution is an invention of the devil.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/creation.htm

And by the way, I say 6000 years because as Christians we know by reading Genesis chapters 1 & 2 that our Lord created all that is seen and unseen in creation week 6000 years ago. We also know this is when creation stopped and He hallowed the day He rested. We call that day Sabbath to this day and we keep it holy to acknowledge Him as our Creator every seventh day. Could it be this is why Satan inspired Darwin with evolution? I believe so because evolution allows you to hide the fact you were created and in so doing removes your requirement to acknowledge Him as Lord which would mean you need to and obey Him since He truly would know what’s best for you seeing how it is He that made you.

Should those ideas be crucified too?
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

TheQuestor wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Why you came here?
Well, there was a scientific discussion happening here, that you changed to ban him (a crucified person is banned from further speech), so yea, that's about it. Now one can extrapolate, that the current Catholic acceptance and teaching that both evolution and the big bang are in fact real, will actually have the effect of bridging the gaps between certain, non Christian religions, and Catholicism. However these same Catholic ideas will totally destroy the fallacious ideas that the Earth is 5 to 10 thousand years old, and evolution is an invention of the devil.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/creation.htm

And by the way, I say 6000 years because as Christians we know by reading Genesis chapters 1 & 2 that our Lord created all that is seen and unseen in creation week 6000 years ago. We also know this is when creation stopped and He hallowed the day He rested. We call that day Sabbath to this day and we keep it holy to acknowledge Him as our Creator every seventh day. Could it be this is why Satan inspired Darwin with evolution? I believe so because evolution allows you to hide the fact you were created and in so doing removes your requirement to acknowledge Him as Lord which would mean you need to and obey Him since He truly would know what’s best for you seeing how it is He that made you.

Should those ideas be crucified too?
"We" know do we? Perhaps you should do a little perusing on the main website (http://www.godandscience.org/) before so readily posting.

And Satan inspiring Darwin? Satan inspires all sorts of nonsense in us. For example, what kind of nonsense are you talking now?

:wave:
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

And Satan inspiring Darwin? Satan inspires all sorts of nonsense in us.
Well, Satan does not inspire anything in me, so speak for yourself, and since you freely admit that you are under the influence of Satan, why should any Christian take you seriously. Who are the us, that Satin is inspiring, that you refer too?
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

TheQuestor,

I am going to temporarily ban you for 2 weeks.

My scientific discussion with you was already over. And moderators long time ago considered temporal ban for you.
You spread your own false doctrines here. You ignore our posts. You spread nonsense in many thread sand floods the forums.

If you come back after 2 weeks you will have limited number of posts (I hope to install plugin for that).

Think and pray.

Best,
Admin

#foreverinmyheart
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Well I have had a nice two weeks discussing DNA and Quantum computing elsewhere. And yes, the Pope does believe in intelligent design, and the Vatican astronomer, did meet with Carl Sagan......!
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

TheQuestor wrote:Well I have had a nice two weeks discussing DNA and Quantum computing elsewhere. And yes, the Pope does believe in intelligent design, and the Vatican astronomer, did meet with Carl Sagan......!
The horror. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.