Happy New Year!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Happy New Year!

Post by Mallz »

Happy New Year! I'm working, what are you all up to?

y@};-
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Silvertusk »

Enjoying the hangover with a house full of small children.....
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Working here, too! :)

Happy New Year. May your 2015 be truly blessed.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

I have been spending time with family.

Happy New Year!
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Home Alone (excepting the dog, cat and birds) and the silence is both fantastic and deafening! My wife and the boys flew out the day after Christmas to visit her family in MA and CT. I virtually never get time alone (we both work from home), so I'm enjoying my introverted side, reading, researching - WHATEVER I want and when I want it. :D As Mel Brooks famously said, "It's good to be the king!" At least for a bit. :lol:
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

It's fun to see what everyone is doing :ebiggrin:

I think philip won :clap:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I'm at work the first day with the new company, new contract. Demoted to doing the same work I did almost 5 years ago. Sitting in the break room watching 6 new hires who are starting today. All of whom are making more money than I am, and I've been here almost 5 years.

It's quite humbling.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I'm at work the first day with the new company, new contract. Demoted to doing the same work I did almost 5 years ago. Sitting in the break room watching 6 new hires who are starting today. All of whom are making more money than I am, and I've been here almost 5 years.

It's quite humbling.
And, no doubt, God has a purpose in your present path.

I am beginning to realize God intentionally puts us through trials, of which I am often clueless as to their purpose. And I must constantly remind myself of how my trials typically pale in comparison to what many others go through. No one likes rough seas, but they definitely make us far more dependent upon the Lord - which is always a good thing. It's just that I wish there were easier ways that don't involve so much struggle. I see my oldest friends - guys in their 70s - and realize how simply enjoying good health is a tremendous blessing.

By the way, Rick, how has your son's health been since his scare?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:I'm at work the first day with the new company, new contract. Demoted to doing the same work I did almost 5 years ago. Sitting in the break room watching 6 new hires who are starting today. All of whom are making more money than I am, and I've been here almost 5 years.

It's quite humbling.
Then keep you know-how for yourselves. y:-/
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:

It's quite humbling.
And, no doubt, God has a purpose in your present path.

I am beginning to realize God intentionally puts us through trials, of which I am often clueless as to their purpose. And I must constantly remind myself of how my trials typically pale in comparison to what many others go through. No one likes rough seas, but they definitely make us far more dependent upon the Lord - which is always a good thing. It's just that I wish there were easier ways that don't involve so much struggle. I see my oldest friends - guys in their 70s - and realize how simply enjoying good health is a tremendous blessing.

By the way, Rick, how has your son's health been since his scare?
He seems to be doing better now. Thanks for asking.

And getting back to my job...the work I've been doing every day for over a year now, isn't getting done today. There's really nobody else who is certified to do it besides managers and me. And managers have too much other stuff to do.

Now they're seeing that they should've fixed their mistake they made by lowering my position.

They had over a month to fix it, now they're stuck.

I really wish these people would think about the consequences before they make decisions.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm at work the first day with the new company, new contract. Demoted to doing the same work I did almost 5 years ago. Sitting in the break room watching 6 new hires who are starting today. All of whom are making more money than I am, and I've been here almost 5 years.

It's quite humbling.
Then keep you know-how for yourselves. y:-/
y:-/

-Edward R Murrow