Ancient scorpion had feet

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

Ancient scorpion had feet, may have walked out of ocean - so goes the titled of this news story

And after 438 million years, think of it, a scorpion is still a scorpion - Shouldn't it have built a airliner or wrote a novel yet?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Ancient scorpion had feet

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:Ancient scorpion had feet, may have walked out of ocean - so goes the titled of this news story

And after 438 million years, think of it, a scorpion is still a scorpion - Shouldn't it have built a airliner or wrote a novel yet?
-
-
-
438 million years? They should've evolved into gods by now! :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Seriously though, if evolution is a God guided process, or he wound up the clock and knew the outcome then it stands to reason that the scorpion didn't evolve into a sentient being. Also what were the selective pressures, maybe it was so adapted to it's environment it never changed.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Good things come to those who wait, so they say
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

There are more scorpions than there are of us, and they'll still be around most likely when the last humans
are only to be found in the lithosphere.

Cant argue with success, they say.