Jesus Movie: Last days in the desert

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Jesus Movie: Last days in the desert

Post by PaulSacramento »

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/201 ... ml?start=7

This actually sounds like a movie I WANT to see.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Jesus Movie: Last days in the desert

Post by 1over137 »

Sounds interesting. Here it will be half a year later than in US.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Hmm. Producer is not devout Christian.
Main actor will play Jesus as well as Satan. y:-?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I am looking forward to it, I really enjoyed Noah even though there were some liberties taken.

Romans 8:28
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

1over137 wrote:Hmm. Producer is not devout Christian.
Main actor will play Jesus as well as Satan. y:-?
I am not sure that the religion of the producer/director means as much anymore.
I think that it is a very interesting move to make Ewan play both Jesus and Satan, there is a theological statement there that, if done correctly, may be very good.
Or it could fail miserably.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

here is a theological statement there that, if done correctly, may be very good.
What and how?

Personally I thought Noah was horrible :( It spoke so many horrible messages about God and the truth and just further help distort reality in a negative way. :econfused:
Edit: but the graphics were really cool and Emma Watson is really cute ^_^
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:
here is a theological statement there that, if done correctly, may be very good.
What and how?

Personally I thought Noah was horrible :( It spoke so many horrible messages about God and the truth and just further help distort reality in a negative way. :econfused:
How so Mallz?

I thought it said great things about man's sinfulness and that Noah made mistakes and was not some hero, at the end he realised he was just as fallen as everyone else, I thought that was a very Christ centred message.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

It's been a while since I watched it. But from what I remember (clearly) was the total induction of satanic doctrine. How they viciously portrayed Noah in the middle and end (which in turn makes Elohim look like a monster), the insanity on the boat, the watchers who went to heaven, the girl who was left to die, most of the biblical message was distorted to preach something else.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Mallz wrote:
What and how?

The contrast between Jesus and Satan.
I didn't even bother to watch Noah or Exodus.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Mallz wrote:It's been a while since I watched it. But from what I remember (clearly) was the total induction of satanic doctrine. How they viciously portrayed Noah in the middle and end (which in turn makes Elohim look like a monster), the insanity on the boat, the watchers who went to heaven, the girl who was left to die, most of the biblical message was distorted to preach something else.
It was gnostic from what I recall reading.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote:
Mallz wrote:It's been a while since I watched it. But from what I remember (clearly) was the total induction of satanic doctrine. How they viciously portrayed Noah in the middle and end (which in turn makes Elohim look like a monster), the insanity on the boat, the watchers who went to heaven, the girl who was left to die, most of the biblical message was distorted to preach something else.
It was gnostic from what I recall reading.
Wasn't it based on the book of Enoch? I don't know much about it, so I am not really sure.

But you take what you want to take from the film, someone people will just see the flaws and others will just see the beauty and others still will see both. ;)
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

gnosticism stems from satanism :p
Wasn't it based on the book of Enoch?
Based is the key word here lol
But you take what you want to take from the film, someone people will just see the flaws and others will just see the beauty and others still will see both.
I've got to disagree with you there. There are mysteries that form arguments about truth that will remain mysteries and do so because of the multiple good tools that spring from them that allow those to come to Elohim, and equally deny Him.
The movie Noah was new age Christianity and promotes it. This is not being a Christian and those beliefs will hinder those coming to the truth.
This is the problem with demonic deception. Anything they taint should be thrown away and not even used for teaching. Because it will lead people astray.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:gnosticism stems from satanism :p
Wasn't it based on the book of Enoch?
Based is the key word here lol
But you take what you want to take from the film, someone people will just see the flaws and others will just see the beauty and others still will see both.
I've got to disagree with you there. There are mysteries that form arguments about truth that will remain mysteries and do so because of the multiple good tools that spring from them that allow those to come to Elohim, and equally deny Him.
The movie Noah was new age Christianity and promotes it. This is not being a Christian and those beliefs will hinder those coming to the truth.
This is the problem with demonic deception. Anything they taint should be thrown away and not even used for teaching. Because it will lead people astray.

I see God working through all things, even things you may think is Satanic, but whatever you can believe as you will. I prefer to look at the positives and I saw a lot of positives in the movie.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

He does work through all things :) :thumbsup: y@};-
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:He does work through all things :) :thumbsup: y@};-

Sorry if my words sounded blunt. :ebiggrin: y@};- y>:D<