Evidence for theistic evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jpbg33
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

Post by jpbg33 »

The bible say Satan can come to us as an angel of light "2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:The bible say Satan can come to us as an angel of light "2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ".
I'm sure it was God. I thought about it for a long time.

It was God because
1) He knew my name, and He said he was God.

2) I never met the devil, so he doesn't know my name

3) he was wearing a white robe and looked like this:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

And I also knew it wasn't the devil because I did my research. The bible says in 1 Peter5:8

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

And there was no lion in my vision. It was just a big man in a white robe who called himself God. And if he says he is God, who am I to call God a liar.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

then it wasn't God
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:then it wasn't God
How can you say that? He was definitely God. He looked exactly like that picture of God that I posted. But his beard was shorter, and his hair wasn't as messy.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

He was obviously out to impress then Rick.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:He was obviously out to impress then Rick.
Not sure Annette.

I just think there wasn't a lot of wind in my vision, to mess his hair. The only wind was when God told me about Panspermia, and how life seeds blew to earth. Which is how life here started.

Frankly, I was humbled by the fact that God would entrust me with the meaning of life on earth.

I"m just a poor farmer from kentucky, with a third grade education.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Are you sure He didnt sneeze on you? If He did youre in for an almighty case of flu.

Actually, if He did, that means we are all just Gods snot...
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Are you sure He didnt sneeze on you? If He did youre in for an almighty case of flu.

Annette,

I don't find it amusing that you are mocking my vision! God entrusted a poor farmer from Tennessee, with the meaning of life, and all you can do is mock? I'm ashamed that half of my ancestry is English!

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Aw, Rick.

It's just my interpretation.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

jpbg33 wrote:The bible say Satan can come to us as an angel of light "2Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ".
People see me, they see an angel of light.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Are you sure He didnt sneeze on you? If He did youre in for an almighty case of flu.

Annette,

I don't find it amusing that you are mocking my vision! God entrusted a poor farmer from Tennessee, with the meaning of life, and all you can do is mock? I'm ashamed that half of my ancestry is English!
I thought it was Kentucky.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:

Annette,

I thought it was Kentucky.
It was a little rural town on the border.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

jpbg33 wrote:There is no biblical prof of any former world at all. People try to say that when the bible said the earth was void and with out form that it is evidence that the earth was there and God destroy it and started over. The is really just nonsense. The bible says that in the beginning God created the earth and the earth was void and with out form. That was God saying that earth was the first thing he made that he had not put any thing no it yet or shaped it in any way. Then he divides the waters from the land then he starts making every thing else. he wasn't about making something from destruction but about making something from nothing. the bible proves evolution wrong when it says God created everything that was made and that he didn't use evolution to do it. He made everything after its kind. The bible has never been proven wrong and evolution has many times that is why they keep changing how they thing things come about. And the only reason that they say it is the best theory is because one they do not wont to believe in God and tow the bible is not a theory but it is fact and people have proven there is a God. it is not that we haven't proven that there is a God but that people don't wont to believe in God so any time we prove there is a God they say that it isn't prof of God when it is.
You may need to review how I have backed up a former world existing that perished from reading the bible.Dan has heard this is why I addressed it to him.I feel you are jumping in without understanding context of why I think like I do about a former world existing and you fail to see the evidence that backs it up too,this is because you really only know about young earth creationism and so you interpret the bible the way you do because you ignore bible scriptures that I don't ignore but you do and this causes you to interpret it the way you do. Read 2nd Peter 3:5-7 and tell me what world perished.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Audie wrote:
jpbg33 wrote:If being a God is not proof of evolution but that the bible is real. What is the difference in a horse five thousand years ago then a horse to day. The way horse are being bred doesn't count that is not by natural process.
Of course, but did you know horses have bones of three toes? Odd..

Did you know earlier horses walked on three toes, each with, yes, hooves?

There are skeletons of every stage from a little 5 toed forest animal up
thru bigger ones with fewer toes and teeth better suited to grass eating,
to today's horse, who still carries a bit of its ancestors' 3 toed feet.

Its so plain a child can see it. Its pretty cool, really, I hope you get interested.
Best wishes..!
Them horses lived in the former world until they died,then when God created this world and the horses in this world he gave them hooves,that was easy,your looking at it all wrong.This is evidence that God made beasts of the field after their kind.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.