Good ol gospel hymns

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Good ol gospel hymns

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I still like them good Ol fashioned gospel hymns I used to hear in church but I think this one has always been my favorite.

Victory in Jesus

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=zPyxzw1uVKQ

What are or is your favorites?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Re: Good ol gospel hymns

Post by melanie »

This hymn has been my favourite since I was jeez probably 8 or 9. 'The Lord is my Shepherd' but not the common version from psalms 23.
I would sing it often at mass, I went to a Catholic primary school. I absolutely loved it!
There are actually no words to explain the significance this song has had in my life. The lyrics I have sung, sometimes out loud and often just silently in my thoughts at the most darkest and happiest times of my life.
It is my song of worship to God.

The countless times I have sung this song, I have never actually heard it sung by anyone else in over 20 years, till just now. I found 1 version of it on youtube and now I'm crying lol. What a sook!!

http://youtu.be/oN2xpGYMdhU
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Blessed Assurance is without a doubt my favorite hymn.

There are many I love.

How Great Thou Art
The Doxology
It is Well With My Soul
In the Garden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzzqhaLl_8w
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
The Old Rugged Cross
And of course, Amazing Grace
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Here is another one of my favorite gospel songs

The old man is dead
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=k75WdQOVUZA
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

This one too

Are you washed in the blood of the lamb?
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=8NyOjk_oJVs

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

jlay wrote:Blessed Assurance is without a doubt my favorite hymn.

There are many I love.

How Great Thou Art
The Doxology
It is Well With My Soul
In the Garden https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzzqhaLl_8w
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
The Old Rugged Cross
And of course, Amazing Grace
Yes all of them are good "In the garden" is one of my mom's favorites and she used to like to walk for exercise and she would walk to a cemetery and it had fancy gardens in it and she walked and spent time with the Lord.I remember kinda being worried for her walking alone,but she did anyway but she had a very tragic accident and she cannot walk like she could before but it is still one of her favorites.She goes to gospel singings all the time.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

melanie wrote:This hymn has been my favourite since I was jeez probably 8 or 9. 'The Lord is my Shepherd' but not the common version from psalms 23.
I would sing it often at mass, I went to a Catholic primary school. I absolutely loved it!
There are actually no words to explain the significance this song has had in my life. The lyrics I have sung, sometimes out loud and often just silently in my thoughts at the most darkest and happiest times of my life.
It is my song of worship to God.

The countless times I have sung this song, I have never actually heard it sung by anyone else in over 20 years, till just now. I found 1 version of it on youtube and now I'm crying lol. What a sook!!

http://youtu.be/oN2xpGYMdhU
I like that one,it is a new one to me but I like it.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Here is a gospel song that is a testimonial song for me.You see I used to preach on the CB radio to truck drivers my handle was "Preacher boy" and I had a nice base station CB set-up too and was in a very good location not far from the interstate Jesus called me to do it at that time but there were times I felt like giving up and I would pray to God for an answer and he always answered me and gave me a word when I needed it,and how many of you know that if you know God is telling you to do something nobody can stop you?Well there were times I was catching a lot of persecution doing it and I would get weak sometimes well I was discouraged one time and I went into a new gospel music store and this song came on and I knew it was a word from God to me.I have so many testimonies from that time and I did it faithfully for 7 years until God told me to stop and I always said I'd do it until God tells me to stop.No God is not finished with me but there are seasons in our christian walk and that was mine for 7 years.
Keep on keeping on for our Lord.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=HL0pn87t5So