Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Eternal Security...

Post by melanie »

Audie wrote:jpbg33..Melanie feels I have spoken to you in an offensive manner. If that is the case, please tell me what I said that causes personal offense, and I will go out of my way to apologize and improve myself.
Ohh Audie
Look carefully at the few words of jpbj response. That is a reflection of his character and behaviour not yours.
The thing about self reflection, insight and self improvement is the onus lies with you no one else.

As a fellow member of this forum, We need to speak to each other with respect or not at all. This is a type of community where community minded attitudes should prevail.
It's like with a group of friends, if one one them is acting like a ****, it brings the whole group down.
jpbg33
Sex: Male

Post by jpbg33 »

I'm not going to go into each and every one of these verses and show how they are not saying you can not loose your salvation it would take a while to do
but I will take few of them 2 Timothy 1:12 it is referring to things you entrust in him all the way until he comes back like the prodigal son you can take it bake if you want you still have free will. John 5:24 this verse is referring to them that believe if you stop believing you no longer believe. 1 John 5:11-13 it was just saying that if you are a Christian then you have life and if you are not a Christian then you do not and verse 13 states that he is talking to Christians. Again nothing to do with loosing your salvation or no loosing your salvation. I could keep going but the point is there are verses that are not only implying one way or the other but come right out and say you can backslid.

There are more But this is one that just come out and say it no implications at all.

2Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Peter 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

melanie wrote:
Audie wrote:jpbg33..Melanie feels I have spoken to you in an offensive manner. If that is the case, please tell me what I said that causes personal offense, and I will go out of my way to apologize and improve myself.
Ohh Audie
Look carefully at the few words of jpbj response. That is a reflection of his character and behaviour not yours.
The thing about self reflection, insight and self improvement is the onus lies with you no one else.

As a fellow member of this forum, We need to speak to each other with respect or not at all. This is a type of community where community minded attitudes should prevail.
It's like with a group of friends, if one one them is acting like a ****, it brings the whole group down.
Ok if you wont let it rest, identify specifically how I was being a xxxx and if it has merit. I will seek to improve.

I appreciated it when you commented on someone being a xxxx to me.

What exactly did I do?
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:
Ohh Audie

Ok if you wont let it rest, identify specifically how I was being a xxxx and if it has merit. I will seek to improve.

What exactly did I do?
I will pm you Audie
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:
Ohh Audie

What exactly did I do?
Someone's eyeing off being a mod I think. y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:
Ohh Audie

What exactly did I do?
You are so off the mark, that made me giggle.

I would think that even in this online enviroment you would be a little more perceptive than that to think I would be motivated by something so fickle. Not how I operate nor am I interested but thanks for thinking of me :ebiggrin:
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

melanie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:
Ohh Audie

What exactly did I do?
You are so off the mark, that made me giggle.

I would think that even in this online enviroment you would be a little more perceptive than that to think I would be motivated by something so fickle. Not how I operate nor am I interested but thanks for thinking of me :ebiggrin:
:lol: that made me laugh.
Did you think I was meaning you...?
I was meaning the other lady here. ;)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Haha it's all about me didn't you know :lol:

Well that makes a lot more sense though!
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Some day K, you wont know how or when, you wont see it coming, but I will get you.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:Some day K, you wont know how or when, you wont see it coming, but I will get you.
What if...?
im-behind-you.jpg
im-behind-you.jpg (28.68 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

:shock:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I like what Jesus' says in...

John 6:37-39, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day." NASB

In that is one should trust. The scriptures mentions only two kinds of folks, children of God/light and children of darkness/devil, there is no third party ever mentioned. Those who are saved, as Jesus says, cannot fall away because they are sealed forever by the Holy Spirit. The others that do were never saved to begin with... simple as that
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

B. W. wrote:I like what Jesus' says in...

John 6:37-39, "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day." NASB

In that is one should trust. The scriptures mentions only two kinds of folks, children of God/light and children of darkness/devil, there is no third party ever mentioned. Those who are saved, as Jesus says, cannot fall away because they are sealed forever by the Holy Spirit. The others that do were never saved to begin with... simple as that
-
-
-
So how do we tell the difference? 8) :poke:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
B. W. wrote:I like what Jesus' says in...

-
-
-
So how do we tell the difference? 8) :poke:
Ask the fruit inspector. He's around here somewhere.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

You guys are wrong. You know the difference because you pray and ask God if they're saved. If you feel a burning in your bosom and haven't recently eaten Mexican food, then you know that they are saved.