Eternal Security...(Revised May 2015)

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
jpbg33
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Eternal Security...

Post by jpbg33 »

The bible dose not say we are seal by the Holy Spirit to not fall away your reading in to that verse

When come up with context people are making a big mistake

they are determining context with one verse alone then interpret all scripture to fit that context when they should be determining context of a verse with all scripture and then determine the interpretation of the verse by what the rest of the Bible says.

One big Example

people here say the bible says not to judge

I say we can tell if someone is a Christian or not by how they live there lives.

then people here say you can not tell and your not support to be judging

First of all knowing if someone is a Christian is not judging

Second here is what the bible says about it

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.( is this not scripture)

The truth of the matter is you may not be able to tell if someone is saved but you can tell if they are not.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:The bible dose not say we are seal by the Holy Spirit to not fall away your reading in to that verse

When come up with context people are making a big mistake

they are determining context with one verse alone then interpret all scripture to fit that context when they should be determining context of a verse with all scripture and then determine the interpretation of the verse by what the rest of the Bible says.

One big Example

people here say the bible says not to judge

I say we can tell if someone is a Christian or not by how they live there lives.

then people here say you can not tell and your not support to be judging

First of all knowing if someone is a Christian is not judging

Second here is what the bible says about it

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.( is this not scripture)

The truth of the matter is you may not be able to tell if someone is saved but you can tell if they are not.
Rarely am I at a loss for words. This post has left me speechless. Could someone pleeeese help?!?!?!?!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Salvation is a blood covenant and while man breaks covenants God does not break them even with the Jews God is still holding strong to the blood covenant he made with Abraham,this shows us how serious God is about blood covenants and based on this we can know once somebody has been saved\born again by Jesus they cannot lose their salvation.

There is nowhere in the new testament,no portion of scripture that says we can lose our salvation while there are many that make it clear we cannot lose our salvation. Salvation in Christianity is not based on anything man can do,or how good he can be,and there is NOTHING any one of us can do to remove our own sin except to pray to Jesus for forgiveness,therefore there is nothing you can do to make yourself clean in order to come to God.

Salvation is a gift from God we get through faith in Jesus Christ and God already poured out all of his anger and wrath and judgment not only for our sin,but the whole world's sin onto Jesus this is why we who have been saved cannot go to hell for God already took his judgment and all the curse because of sin and put it on Jesus.God already took it out on his son Jesus and this is why Jesus said "Father,why hath thou forsaken me? This is because Jesus was made sin for us,who knew no sin,so that we might be made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. And so God had to turn his back on Jesus because of sin.

Now the question is have you been saved?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

You are not right the Bible says the Jews were cut off and the Gentiles were grafted in. not only that but it say to not think that you can not be cut off.

this stats that you can backslid

2Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Peter 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

jpbg33 wrote:You are not right the Bible says the Jews were cut off and the Gentiles were grafted in. not only that but it say to not think that you can not be cut off.

2Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Peter 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Then explain 144,000 Jews from the twelve tribes of Israel that come out of the tribulation saved by Jesus.I am not saying religious jews are saved now only proving that God has not broke the blood covenant he made with Abraham.Also none of them verses say a person saved can lose their salvation the verses have to do with Christians accepting false doctrines and traditions of man like works for salvation that bring them into bondage.But it does not say they can lose their salvation only be in bondage because of false doctrine.This is Peters way of saying what Paul said about false doctrines that put a believer in bondage.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:You are not right the Bible says the Jews were cut off and the Gentiles were grafted in. not only that but it say to not think that you can not be cut off.

2 Peter 2 is talking about unsaved false teachers, not believers.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

144000 has nothing to do with it Paul said to not think you can not be cut off because you can.

"escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" that is not false teachings You are a false teach if you teach any other way. You can not escape the world without Jesus saving you.

it said they know the way and turned from it and started sinning again.

in verse 19 he said that people saying it is ok sin them selves are sinner. you do not get liberty to sin but liberty from sin. God give you the power to over come the world.

to believe ones saved always saved you have to over look every time the bible says you "will not sin" "can not sin" "sinneth not" "free will" and you have to call Jesus a liar and because he said only thoughs doing the will of the Father were going didn't say any thing about once saved always saved. you use a qualifier he said you had to be doing the will of the Father.

John 3:16 was telling you how to get saved not how to stay saved.
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

jpbg33 wrote: you have to call Jesus a liar and because he said only thoughs doing the will of the Father were going didn't say any thing about once saved always saved. you use a qualifier he said you had to be doing the will of the Father.

John 3:16 was telling you how to get saved not how to stay saved.
Don't you call Jesus a liar by saying He can lose those that are given to Him? John 6:39
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

No because no I do not think he loses anyone if we didn't make it then we must not have been give to him.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

jpbg33 wrote:No because no I do not think he loses anyone if we didn't make it then we must not have been give to him.

Side Note:

Crikey ! Even the Buddhists believe in irreversible salvation. Once a person "enters the stream" , it leads to enlightenment and the breaking of the cycle of birth/re-birth. And they don't even believe in Jesus !

source: http://ratnaghosa.fwbo.net/wisethree.html
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Buddhists are not Christians and do not know the truth
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

If you believe once saved always saved what about this.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

So once you are saved it is imposable to lie again.

If once saved always saved were true then you would have to believe that it is imposable to do any of these thing once you were saved.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:If you believe once saved always saved what about this.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

So once you are saved it is imposable to lie again.

If once saved always saved were true then you would have to believe that it is imposable to do any of these thing once you were saved.
http://www.faithalone.org/magazine/y1993/93sep3.html

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Just because someone on the internet says it is not true don't make the bible false

the problem with the world to day is that people try and make the bible fit there realign instead of make there realign fit the bible

So they say that it is talking about unsaved people not saved people

it doesn't matter who you are talking to if you say all liars are going to hell then it still means all.

and if God's word says all I'm going to let that man be a liar and God be true

The bible says all liars it did not say unsaved liars it meant all of them.

So if all liars are going to hell like the bible says

then if once you are saved you are always saved is true

then once you are saved it is imposable to lie.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:Just because someone on the internet says it is not true don't make the bible false

the problem with the world to day is that people try and make the bible fit there realign instead of make there realign fit the bible

So they say that it is talking about unsaved people not saved people

it doesn't matter who you are talking to if you say all liars are going to hell then it still means all.

and if God's word says all I'm going to let that man be a liar and God be true

The bible says all liars it did not say unsaved liars it meant all of them.

So if all liars are going to hell like the bible says

then if once you are saved you are always saved is true

then once you are saved it is imposable to lie.
I'm asking this in all seriousness, do you have a learning disability?

-Edward R Murrow