Evidence for theistic evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:The problem I see with adaptation as evidence life evolves is that we can observe that life can adapt to survive hostile environments and we don't have to go in a science lab to observe it and when life adapts it does not evolve,yet when scientists see and observe life adapt in a lab,they tell us it evolved when it did'nt and it makes no difference if mutations happen,life that has adapted does not evolve and there are many examples in the world around us.The reason vaccines are produced is because life can adapt and not that it evolves,don't let anyone tell you different.
Evolve means to change, so are you saying when something adapts it does not change at all?
I'm going by the scientific definition of evolution and based on this life does not evolve because it adapted.There is no evolving when life adapts and we can see and observe many examples that it does not evolve.Change dooes not mean evolution or that it evolved.I do not reject reality and variations in reproduction can be considered change like a new breed of dog,but it is still a dog and will only ever be a dog based on reality not that life evolves.I do not look at a new kind of lizard as the lizard evolved because it is still a lizard but scientists do somehow.
The scientific meaning is
Evolution is defined as the process of growth and development or the theory that organisms have grown and developed from past organisms.

So when an organism adapts it is different from past organisms, therefore it has evolved.
How can you say life evolves based on the evidence then? How can you believe man evolved from a common ancestor or dinosaurs evooved into birds based on adaptation and what the evidence shows? Even when life adapts it remains the same kijd of life in every piece of evidence I have looked at for evolution.A virus remains a virus,bacteria remains bactera even after it adapts it never evolves like you think happens,or finches,salamanders,frogs,rats,etc in every example you have the same kind of life,the evidence proves and shows us life cannot and does not evolve.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:ACB, I was thinking.

What evidence convinces you that Earth is old, given that you haven't actually seen how long it has been around for?
Then secondly, can those who believe in evolution of all life likewise find enough evidence without having to actually see millions of years of evolving?
Well first off I believe the earth is old and not young first because the bible reveals to us it is old and not young and I am now a Gap theorist and I have researched it and discovered it was Christians who started modern science that discovered the earth was old and not young,early geology and Paleontology discovered it,you see most people today think it is because of evolution the earth was discovered to be old,but it was before evolution became popular and this and other evidence was hyjacked away to support evolution.

Before evolution the evidence evolutionists now use as evidence was used as evidence for the Gap theory and them Christians read the KJV bible too and it is easier to see the translators knew about and understood the Gap theory.Perhaps this is why so many find it harder to accept the Gap theory today it is harder to see in newer translations but if the KJV translators believed it so much that it is in their translation then I don't see how Christians today can reject them and their reasons for believing it so easily in order to trust modern scholors.We should examine both fairly.The KJV translators were past bible scholors.

Also people can believe anything they choose to including evolution but I'm just explaining why I can't accept evolution based on the evidence.I might be trying to change their mind based on why I reject it,but I cannot make them.I can only try to explain why I don't and can't accept it and I've given them a chance to change my mind about it.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:The problem I see with adaptation as evidence life evolves is that we can observe that life can adapt to survive hostile environments and we don't have to go in a science lab to observe it and when life adapts it does not evolve,yet when scientists see and observe life adapt in a lab,they tell us it evolved when it did'nt and it makes no difference if mutations happen,life that has adapted does not evolve and there are many examples in the world around us.The reason vaccines are produced is because life can adapt and not that it evolves,don't let anyone tell you different.
Evolve means to change, so are you saying when something adapts it does not change at all?
I'm going by the scientific definition of evolution and based on this life does not evolve because it adapted.There is no evolving when life adapts and we can see and observe many examples that it does not evolve.Change dooes not mean evolution or that it evolved.I do not reject reality and variations in reproduction can be considered change like a new breed of dog,but it is still a dog and will only ever be a dog based on reality not that life evolves.I do not look at a new kind of lizard as the lizard evolved because it is still a lizard but scientists do somehow.
The scientific meaning is
Evolution is defined as the process of growth and development or the theory that organisms have grown and developed from past organisms.

So when an organism adapts it is different from past organisms, therefore it has evolved.
How can you say life evolves based on the evidence then? How can you believe man evolved from a common ancestor or dinosaurs evooved into birds based on adaptation and what the evidence shows? Even when life adapts it remains the same kijd of life in every piece of evidence I have looked at for evolution.A virus remains a virus,bacteria remains bactera even after it adapts it never evolves like you think happens,or finches,salamanders,frogs,rats,etc in every example you have the same kind of life,the evidence proves and shows us life cannot and does not evolve.

Because the theory has not been falsified as of yet, if you can falsify evolution then write a paper and get it published.

Personally however, it just makes sense.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Lots of stories make sense to different people. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Lots of stories make sense to different people. ;)
;)
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I really wish ACB would use punctuation and proper sentence structure, I find his posts unbelievably hard to read, it literally hurts my eyes.

I know mine isn't perfect, but my God man, use some commas!! :pound:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I really wish ACB would use punctuation and proper sentence structure, I find his posts unbelievably hard to read, it literally hurts my eyes.

I know mine isn't perfect, but my God man, use some commas!! :pound:
I will try to write better, I think it is mostly the way I type that messes me up.It is a weakness of mine.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Yeah but I'm looking at pretty much the same evidence evolutionists use but I'm just trying to explain what it really proves.

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Yeah but I'm looking at pretty much the same evidence evolutionists use but I'm just trying to explain what it really proves.
Well, I don't really disagree with you.

Keep in mind that sometimes fallen trees are too big of an obstacle to remove from the path so best to navigate around them if possible.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Sometimes you can even use them to your advantage.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Sometimes you can even use them to your advantage.
We have a massive log jam.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

abelcainsbrother wrote:
I'm surprised you find the logs to be a problem to begin with, I prefer to make something from them. :mrgreen:
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Many Christians think that about "Big Bang" cosmology too.
Others see the fine-tuning necessary and "in the beginning" beautifully supported.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Many Christians think that about "Big Bang" cosmology too.
Others see the fine-tuning necessary and "in the beginning" beautifully supported.
Yeah but right now it points to a creator so I don't mind it,I've questioned it based on other peoples points but I see what it points to and how effective it can be against naturalists in science but against evolution?It has no effect really.

Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Well, I don't really disagree with you.

Keep in mind that sometimes fallen trees are too big of an obstacle to remove from the path so best to navigate around them if possible.

"Same evidence, different interpretation" (SEDI) is about the moldiest / lamest excuse that any creationist can come up with.

They may well have access, in some sense, to the same evidence. Doesnt mean they have looked at much of it, or have the capacity to understand it.

The janitor has "access' to the same info that the brain surgeon has. He may have even seen a youtube, or attempted to read a professional journal, with his 8th grade reading level.