Evidence for theistic evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:When I have looked into evolution science and examined the evidence that is supposed to support evolution,it is astonishing to me how it ever passed peer review as evidence.Had I been peer reviewing? It would'nt have got my vote.
If evolution is as flawed as you say, why don't cha publish your findings?

Ken
Look yourself if you don't believe.I'll give you a brief training session.Look up their defintions for evolution,natural selection,micro-evolution and macro-evolution and remember them and use them to examine their evidence to see if the evidence lines up with their defintions,ignore what they say and describe and focus on their evidence and let it do the talkin,instead of their writing or talking.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:When I have looked into evolution science and examined the evidence that is supposed to support evolution,it is astonishing to me how it ever passed peer review as evidence.Had I been peer reviewing? It would'nt have got my vote.

Ken
Ken,

ACB has been consistent in saying that he sees no evidence for evolution. Which means he has found nothing!

You want him to publish no findings?

Ken,

You're a trip! :pound:
One could say, "i looked, but found no evidence that there ever was a Roman Empire."

Hardly something to take pride in, but, there's all types.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
Ken,

ACB has been consistent in saying that he sees no evidence for evolution. Which means he has found nothing!

Ken,

One could say, "i looked, but found no evidence that there ever was a Roman Empire."

I agree wholeheartedly. Such is also the case with yet another well documented historical record, i.e the resurrection. But like you say, there are all types. Very sad, really.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:.I can post a link to a scientific paper of a scientists explaining how dinosaurs evolved into birds,then say give us scientific evidence that demonstrates that can happen and they won't be able to because it is a faith statement being pushed as truth on society.
Go ahead and try it! Let's see what happens.

K
If ACB will be finding scientific papers, I wonder if he could also find some explaining consciousness in physical reductionist terms? :poke:
I have not ever looked into that area specifically,but if there was evidence to support it?I think I could find it or tell you there is none yet.
This was a jest directed at Kenny given some exchanges elsewhere.

But, there's a book I think you'd generally love ACB.
Take a read of Thomas Nagel's Mind and the Cosmos.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:.I can post a link to a scientific paper of a scientists explaining how dinosaurs evolved into birds,then say give us scientific evidence that demonstrates that can happen and they won't be able to because it is a faith statement being pushed as truth on society.
Go ahead and try it! Let's see what happens.

K
If ACB will be finding scientific papers, I wonder if he could also find some explaining consciousness in physical reductionist terms? :poke:
I have not ever looked into that area specifically,but if there was evidence to support it?I think I could find it or tell you there is none yet.
This was a jest directed at Kenny given some exchanges elsewhere.

But, there's a book I think you'd generally love ACB.
Take a read of Thomas Nagel's Mind and the Cosmos.
Thanks, I think I'll add it to my book list.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Cainablesbrother

One of the problems I do have with the “conspiracy theories” such as the one you are claiming; is there are too many people involved, and in order to pull it off, those involved would have to be too perfect.

If we assume there are flaws in the Theory of Evolution that even a non expert such as yourself can plainly see (as you claim) That would mean the thousands of Biologists, Paleontologists, and various other scientists WORLD WIDE, who swear up and down about this theory, and who knows a heck of a lot more on this subject than you and I combined would have to conspire to deceive the public on an issue they know is not true.
They would have to turn down fame, and fortune in order to keep this deception going. And for what? The greater good? To refute God? So Darwin doesn’t look bad?

I don’t think mankind is perfect enough to keep such a secret hidden for the past 150 years without not one person slipping up and taking the fame and fortune. I believe people are too greedy, too selfish, too fame driven to sit on top of such a story for such a long time; especially with so many people involved.

I do not know a lot about everything under the umbrella of Evolution, but when I look at the big picture, such a conspiracy doesn’t sound realistic to me.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:Cainablesbrother

One of the problems I do have with the “conspiracy theories” such as the one you are claiming; is there are too many people involved, and in order to pull it off, those involved would have to be too perfect.

If we assume there are flaws in the Theory of Evolution that even a non expert such as yourself can plainly see (as you claim) That would mean the thousands of Biologists, Paleontologists, and various other scientists WORLD WIDE, who swear up and down about this theory, and who knows a heck of a lot more on this subject than you and I combined would have to conspire to deceive the public on an issue they know is not true.
They would have to turn down fame, and fortune in order to keep this deception going. And for what? The greater good? To refute God? So Darwin doesn’t look bad?

I don’t think mankind is perfect enough to keep such a secret hidden for the past 150 years without not one person slipping up and taking the fame and fortune. I believe people are too greedy, too selfish, too fame driven to sit on top of such a story for such a long time; especially with so many people involved for voters.

I do not know a lot about everything under the umbrella of Evolution, but when I look at the big picture, such a conspiracy doesn’t sound realistic to me.

Ken
Have you ever heard of indoctrination?What is it? Do you believe a society could be indoctrinated?I believe here in America evolution is one of many things that was used for political reasons to get voters who would vote for gay marriages and anti-God policies that they would not vote for if they believed the bible.I believe science is corrupted by money and I think of all of the money wasted on this theory that they still don't know is true,yet they still believe it and promote it.I believe atheists and agnostics are products of the state.

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

I don’t think mankind is perfect enough to keep such a secret hidden for the past 150 years without not one person slipping up and taking the fame and fortune. I believe people are too greedy, too selfish, too fame driven to sit on top of such a story for such a long time; especially with so many people involved for voters.

Ken
I believe science is corrupted by money and I think of all of the money wasted on this theory that they still don't know is true,yet they still believe it and promote it.
But there would be more money in exposing the theory as fraud than to continue with the deception!

Ken
RickD wrote
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Ken
I believe science is corrupted by money and I think of all of the money wasted on this theory that they still don't know is true,yet they still believe it and promote it.
But there would be more money in exposing the theory as fraud than to continue with the deception!

Ken
A lot of money has been made to counter it and expose it but has had very little effect against it.I believe it can be done but is going to take a different approach than what has been tried so far.God will make a way if it is his will perhaps he will lead me in a new direction.

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Ken

Ken
A lot of money has been made to counter it and expose it but has had very little effect against it.I believe it can be done but is going to take a different approach than what has been tried so far.God will make a way if it is his will perhaps he will lead me in a new direction.
If one of the thousands of scientist who knows evolution were a fraud were to expose it, THEY would get the fame and money. What's to stop them from doing it?

Ken
RickD wrote
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Byblos wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
Ken,

Ken,

I agree wholeheartedly. Such is also the case with yet another well documented historical record, i.e the resurrection. But like you say, there are all types. Very sad, really.
Good point Byblos, this is what we call selective reasoning :)
Emotional at the core
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Ken

Ken
If one of the thousands of scientist who knows evolution were a fraud were to expose it, THEY would get the fame and money. What's to stop them from doing it?

Ken
The love of money is the root of all evil.I believe they believe it is true.It would take a lot of them,not just one.Right now anybody who comes out too harshly against evolution is considered a scientific heretic.I don't think a scientist has the guts to do it because he risks losing his career in science.Richard Dawkins is making it harder to oppose evolution.

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote: The love of money is the root of all evil.
No; the lack of money is the root of all evil. How much crime do you suppose is committed because criminals want more money?
abelcainsbrother wrote:I believe they believe it is true.
They believe it’s true because evidence supports it.
abelcainsbrother wrote:It would take a lot of them,not just one.
Why?
abelcainsbrother wrote:Right now anybody who comes out too harshly against evolution is considered a scientific heretic.
That’s because those coming out against it are not showing it flawed.
abelcainsbrother wrote:I don't think a scientist has the guts to do it because he risks losing his career in science.
If he could show it flawed, he would become a hero and world famous. But he would have to show it flawed first! Coming out against something because it conflicts your religious beliefs or because you don't like it will get you nowhere
abelcainsbrother wrote:Richard Dawkins is making it harder to oppose evolution.
If he were wrong, somebody would point it out

Ken
RickD wrote
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote: The love of money is the root of all evil.
No; the lack of money is the root of all evil. How much crime do you suppose is committed because criminals want more money?
abelcainsbrother wrote:I believe they believe it is true.
They believe it’s true because evidence supports it.
abelcainsbrother wrote:It would take a lot of them,not just one.
Why?
abelcainsbrother wrote:Right now anybody who comes out too harshly against evolution is considered a scientific heretic.
That’s because those coming out against it are not showing it flawed.
abelcainsbrother wrote:I don't think a scientist has the guts to do it because he risks losing his career in science.
If he could show it flawed, he would become a hero and world famous. But he would have to show it flawed first! Coming out against something because it conflicts your religious beliefs or because you don't like it will get you nowhere
abelcainsbrother wrote:Richard Dawkins is making it harder to oppose evolution.
If he were wrong, somebody would point it out

Ken
That is just talking points.Yes one has come out showing flaws in evolution,but why give evidence?when you're just going to explain it away.What would you say if I gave you an example of somebody coming out against evolution about the flaws in it?

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

I`ve been reading this with great interest as I`m undecided about ToE.

Abel, I don`t think that scientists would be put off disproving evolution, if they could, the whole point of science is to try and unearth the truth. A theory is proposed, evidence is looked for and put forward. So far, no one has found evidence that disproves ToE. I honestly think, if they did, they would expose it. It would be a monumental discovery.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran