The evil within us

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The evil within us

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

neo-x wrote:Sorry but I am not badmouthing America because it popular to do so. I think many westerners feel proud to defend the honor of America, such as yourself but I don't blame you. You have to be in my shoes to feel what I feel and vice versa. To you America has been good, for me the case is different. Its just a problem of relevancy.
Firstly, I'm not "proud to defend the honour of America"! I am absolutely unpatriotic about my own country and even less so about the USA. I just appreciate that America is a good place to live for the average guy... probably one of the best, if not the best, for people who aspire to the Western way of life. Americans are friendly, the climate is agreeable in most places, shopping is plentiful, the roads are well-kept, the geography is varied and pretty, the standard of living is high...what's not to like?

As for American drones in Pakistan, you can blame America for them or you can blame the lawlessness in your own country. So far, we haven't had any US drone strikes in Canada...and I don't think America has sent drones to Europe either. Australia & New Zealand? Nope...no drones there. Why do you think all these other countries have escaped American ire?

There is no hope for Pakistan, neo, none. You need to leave your country and emigrate to someplace safe. I know that that is easier said that done but the longer you wait, the more sealed Western borders become to people from states harbouring terrorists.

FL y~o)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Wow. Well, you don't hide around the bush -- definitely straight up with your views.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Australia is actually the best country to live in, according to a number of recent polls.
No great surprise there!
I have to admit, I consider myself quite lucky to be born here and not yanky land but there are places a heck of a lot worse than the U.S.
We have less crime, better health care (that works), higher standard of education, we live longer, better pay, better pensions, better welfare, better beaches, better weather, better looking ;)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

melanie wrote:
Australia is actually the best country to live in, according to a number of recent polls.
:pound: that's just national pride, Canberra. I hear the same thing said about Canada. You know what: they're both LIES!

According to the UN's Quality of Life Index, the best place to live is Norway. :pound: a pretty place, I agree, but it ain't for me because beer is $5 US a bottle! Stupid Lutheran country...

FL y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

No city like Hong Kong
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Audie wrote:No city like Hong Kong
I have a friend who recently visited Hong Kong. She said it had the best food and shopping.
Two of my favourite things to do, eat and shop!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

melanie wrote:
I have a friend who recently visited Hong Kong. She said it had the best food and shopping.
Its a super interesting city but its so intense, so ruthless, so unsentimental. Zero "charm".

Paris, Amsterdam, or Copenhagen I love those, so much more graceful way of living.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:
Its a super interesting city but its so intense, so ruthless, so unsentimental. Zero "charm".

Paris, Amsterdam, or Copenhagen I love those, so much more graceful way of living.
Have ever visited Australia?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:Paris, Amsterdam, or Copenhagen I love those, so much more graceful way of living.
3 great cities! I vote for Amsterdam. :clap:
melanie wrote:Have ever visited Australia?
Too far. I don't want to sit in an airplane for 24 hours.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
melanie wrote:
:pound: that's just national pride, Canberra. I hear the same thing said about Canada. You know what: they're both LIES!

According to the UN's Quality of Life Index, the best place to live is Norway. :pound: a pretty place, I agree, but it ain't for me because beer is $5 US a bottle! Stupid Lutheran country...

FL y**==
I only go by the polls that say Australia is the best place to live ;)
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/ric ... n-2014/10/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -city.html

You do realise that I am Lutheran
First you insult my country, then my religion y:((
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

melanie wrote:
Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:

Not yet. Id love to tho. Ive fantasies of living there.
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Melanie, have you ever been to New Zealand? I have a nephew who lives on the northern isle.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Philip wrote:Melanie, have you ever been to New Zealand? I have a nephew who lives on the northern isle.
No. I have never travelled outside of Australia. I would love to visit New Zealand, I would love to visit a lot of places! Pretty crazy I haven't considering I am a dual Aussie/Finnish citizen and it makes travelling to Europe a lot easier but I had kids fairly young and whilst we holiday pretty regularly it's always been around Australia.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:
Audie wrote:
melanie wrote:

Not yet. Id love to tho. Ive fantasies of living there.
I'll show you around when you do :)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

I`ve been to Australia and New Zealand :)

(And Thailand, Bali, Fiji, Perhensian Islands and Singapore)

Absolutely loved Australia and New Zealand!

Went from near Adelaide along the coast to Cairn and Port Douglas. Absolutely stunning place. Loved the friendliness of the people, the lifestyle, the outdoor bbq`s! We went along a fire trail near Genoa Peak, the middle of a forset, following these little trails to find a bbq, toilet and fishing platfrom at the end. Gorgeous, beautiful place. I want to live on Raymond Island. Funny thing is, I never wanted to go to Australia but I am so glad I did. Along with NZ, it was my favourite place.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran