What kind of sins do you commit most often?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

kateliz wrote::) I kinda like to think most people are that way or worse! :? Mean of me, and it'd be a bad thing of course, but it'd make me feel better about myself! :o

No one's mentioned gluttony. I'll be the first: I'm a glutton. I eat just for fun, or out of boredom, "Something for some interest." I eat after I'm full just for more taste. I'll eat even when I'm not hungry or don't care for the taste. I guess that'd constitue boredom. Is there any help from me except to have someone constantly hovering over me, physically stopping me from eating out of boredom? I lack a great deal of self-control and self-discipline because it was never instilled in me, but even discouraged, (blame my parents! :) ) I've been downing this Puppy Chow by me while on this site tonight just for some more interest. The apples were too boring, but the Puppy Chow got boring pretty fast too. :? Help!
I actually ate dog food as a child, it was yummy! I would say you have depression which causes boredom, I went through the same thing. Medication does wonders!
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

:lol: So... you know of what I speak? If so, "speak, boy, speak!" It was my favourite as a kid.

Depression? No, don't think so, but I've had a terrible week. I'm medicating myself with hours and hours on the forum tonight. I should be cleaning the fridge some more instead but.... I need to relax and have fun. Need more friends too. :) I have two, I confess.

They aren't that great either. (Ooops if they see this, one wants to join and the other already has posted a few times.) Not the kind I really want. Fine and I love them and have lots of fun with them, but not the passionate Christians that I need more of around me, (part of why I come here!) No offense guys, but I want friends more like myself, as you can probably tell, (talking to the two here.) I know you two feel the same way for yourselves, (they also have very few friends, and we all want more and more like ourselves. Sad, very sad.)
(--Life--)
Newbie Member

Post by (--Life--) »

Question:

What is You love your father but he tells you to steal something. What do you do???? :(
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

Simply to exist as a human is sinful.

I guess I sin constantly whether asleep or awake.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

BavarianWheels wrote:.

I would have to Disagree with that. Jesus Existed as a Human!! One can exist but clearly it is quite Easy to sin
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

bizzt wrote:
BavarianWheels wrote:.

I would have to Disagree with that. Jesus Existed as a Human!! One can exist but clearly it is quite Easy to sin
Are you equalizing your potential to live sinless like Christ...literally?

We are not human and God at the same time as Christ was. HUGE diff.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

(--Life--) wrote:Question:

What is You love your father but he tells you to steal something. What do you do???? :(
Stealing is wrong.
I take it your talking your earthly father.
then you should tell him that you love him, but you will not steal for him.
not to sure about the next part, but my oppinion and only my oppinion, tell him if he loves you he will never ask this of you again.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Bavarian wrote:Simply to exist as a human is sinful.

I wholly agree. To sin is to have something oppossed to God in you, and what with our active sinful natures- that's a constant, awake or asleep. Our hearts are always sinning while our sinful natures are active. We always have something opposing God in our hearts. If we do not recognize this we must ask God to reveal more of what's really in our hearts to us.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

How do we go to heaven then if all of us is in constant sin in one form or another? Saw a debate on t.v. about it, and one of the debaters, a Christian I believe (but not sure, it's been awhile since I saw it) said that we all will go to hell, ALL OF US.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Thinker, that doesn't even make sense! When do we need to stop sinning in order to be saved from our sins? I don't see that requirement in the New Testament, but in the Old. However, in the Old Testament God did not name every sin. Jesus covered that, and only then were we able to see in black and white our true sinfulness.
BavarianWheels

Post by BavarianWheels »

Thinker wrote:

How do we go to heaven then if all of us is in constant sin in one form or another? Saw a debate on t.v. about it, and one of the debaters, a Christian I believe (but not sure, it's been awhile since I saw it) said that we all will go to hell, ALL OF US.
It is THROUGH Christ that we are saved...it is because of His sinlessness that we are saved...it is belief in Him...it is trust in Him...it is by His grace...it is a GIFT...

Nothing of our own doing.
Kokujin
Acquainted Member

Post by Kokujin »

Hey, i'm new here :D

But anyway on with the topic, I have done plenty of sins. Mainly

Lie
Sexual immorality
Drunkeness
Marijuana
Hatred
Coveting

well the list is virtually endless. The bold ones are really what I am troubled with now a days though. I ask and pray for the ability to turn from these things, and it is easier. I'm just not... there yet.

Of course, I don't mean free of sin, but not as much as today.
stixandstones
Acquainted Member

Post by stixandstones »

I would have to say of the 7 deadly sins LUST is what I commit most. I break the commandments from time to time but not so much the obvious ones. Looking at the list, both 7 deadly sins and the 10 commandments, t's surprising there will be anyone attending that great big ball in the Heavens
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

stixandstones wrote:I would have to say of the 7 deadly sins LUST is what I commit most. I break the commandments from time to time but not so much the obvious ones. Looking at the list, both 7 deadly sins and the 10 commandments, t's surprising there will be anyone attending that great big ball in the Heavens
Thank Goodness for Grace!