The evil within us

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: The evil within us

Post by B. W. »

melanie wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
neo-x wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
neo-x wrote:I just find it ridiculous that the world's safety is bound to America. It isn't
You are correct. There are other players - including Israel - but America is by far the greater player. In the present war against ISIS, America is responsible for over 90% of the offensive operations.

FL y**==
Good for them they should take care of the mess they created in the first place.
It is a mess but America was trying to give the Iraqi's a better life than they had but Political Correctness in america stopped it.
I'm sorry to say Abel but that is a daft thing to say
Americas invasion of Iraq, done so under completely illegitimate justifications has left the country in political meltdown.
Since the invasion whatever bonds held Shiite, Sunni and Kurdish elements together within the one state have been destroyed.
The result... What we are seeing now!

Sometimes for whatever reasons people just don't want to see the writing on the wall. It is nicer and easier to stay in the comfort zone and tune out the finer details.
Actually NO Melanie,

The invasion did not cause a melt down. It caused the progressive left to melt down - who by the way hate america and desire its destruction.

That has been brewing for years. Began in the 1930's, plotted and planned with the take over the USA educational system to push a leftist agenda. It was squelched by WW2 and Korea 1950-53 wara nd the cold war kept it at bay. However by the late 1960's and the 1970 decade after the left took control of the Demarcate party with its leftist hardliners it came back swinging. The left ineed controls the media, the Colleges and now schools. These people hate Christians, conservatives, and all who oppose them with a bind hatred. They hate America and used Bush's doctrine of a NEW TONE to utterly destroy America. Sadly these people do not think they are part of America and will die with America after they destroy it completely. You see, the USA brought the USSR down in the 1980's after years of covert work and the USSR had the same forms of Covertness to bring the US down form the 1930 till the USSR collapsed. That has now borne its fruit.

I find it odd how the left defends Obama for doing the same failed policies of Bush and Obamas utter contempt for the USA and its Constitution which Bush never did but blamed him for doing the same nevertheless. Now the major new networks are control/owned by known leftist and poisoned america with anti america propaganda - a fifth column for a lack of a better word. Obama is the worst lying cheating narcissistic racist president the USA has ever known who is hell bent without warrant to utterly destroy the USA. Without realizing it, the majority of leftists in this country are no more than useful idiots as Joe Stalin phrased it.

It is disheartening to see that foreign lands are spoon fed from our leftist news media and the truth is exchanged for a one world new order lie...

God bless the USA and Australia!

Canada maybe Repenting - sending more Maple syrup and more Tanks to Israel as our country has lost it with Israel and bless you all for stepping up to support Israel. But with Canadians it hard to know what they'll do.Those French Canadian types can be rather :whee: :cheeking: :knight:

Have not been to Aussie land but maybe someday I might, especially if it is the last place on earth for free peoples to remain free.

Blessings
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Mel wrote:
Sometimes for whatever reasons people just don't want to see the writing on the wall. It is nicer and easier to stay in the comfort zone and tune out the finer details.

Some of the finer details can be found here. http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB80/

If you'll take just a minute and read only the first few paragraphs, you'll understand better why the international community went after Iraq. Believe you me Melanie, I am a Libertarian moderate right and was in no way enamored with the invasion. However my reasons not to invade were to maintain the stability Saddam had in the region. Iraq and Iran are mortal enemies (Shiite vs Sunni ) I was very sure that if we over threw him we'd be in soooo deep to the Mideast mess at the time, (because democracy has/had no chance of taking hold), that today has escalated beyond my/anybodies wildest nightmares.

Hind sight is easy, getting the finer points afterwards is too. Take a read and see how it actually panned out.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

B. W. wrote: God bless the USA and Australia!

Canada maybe Repenting - sending more Maple syrup and more Tanks to Israel as our country has lost it with Israel and bless you all for stepping up to support Israel. But with Canadians it hard to know what they'll do.Those French Canadian types can be rather :whee: :cheeking: :knight:

-
HEY! I resent you poking FUN at my two-bit uh...beautiful country and my own Frog French-Canadian ethnicity! SHAME ON YOU! I was defending your land against the bowling-alley intellectuals from third-rate powers! Scroll up and see their licentious posts!

I wish to lodge an official complaint. Please mail me the appropriate form.

FL :verymad:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

I'll show you around when you do :)
Well, that would be on VERY serious plane ride over lots of ocean.

Funny, my nephew is from Connecticut. By the time he had lived in New Zealand just five years, he sounded (to me) like he is a native. But people there often think he's Australian. Weird knowing someone so long with one accent, and then they develop a radically different one. A little slower than foreign accent syndrome, but disconcerting, nonetheless.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Philip wrote:
I'll show you around when you do :)
Well, that would be on VERY serious plane ride over lots of ocean.

Funny, my nephew is from Connecticut. By the time he had lived in New Zealand just five years, he sounded (to me) like he is a native. But people there often think he's Australian. Weird knowing someone so long with one accent, and then they develop a radically different one. A little slower than foreign accent syndrome, but disconcerting, nonetheless.
Some people pick up on accents much easier than others. Have you ever spent a lot of time around some one with an accent then found yourself mimicking them, unintentionally. I have, but only with the British accent. It's embarrassing!!
It's strange, people have asked me over the years if I have ever lived in England because they detect a hint of an accent. I put it down to speaking real good propa English ;)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

melanie wrote:
I only go by the polls that say Australia is the best place to live ;)
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/ric ... n-2014/10/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -city.html

You do realise that I am Lutheran
First you insult my country, then my religion y:((
OK...I did a short search on internet using the words "Canada best country" and managed to find opinion polls confirming that "truth". I'm quite sure you could find a study claiming that Bangladesh is the best country... My point is: the best country in the world is whichever one you come from. Even the UN's Quality of Life Index is a subjective evaluation...sorry, Norway.

I didn't know you were Lutheran. You have my sympathy. That's very interesting! :D

As for "insults", you'd do well to read Jac's book on page 105.

FL y:D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:There is no hope for Pakistan, neo, none. You need to leave your country and emigrate to someplace safe. I know that that is easier said that done but the longer you wait, the more sealed Western borders become to people from states harbouring terrorists.
@Neo-X, just want to direct a post to you after further thought on FL's earlier harsh words.
It's actually irked me a little. Do not listen to him. You couldn't receive more dribble if it were Satan himself!

If we were called to separate from those who aren't Christian, then we'd have to leave the world. (1 Cor 5:10)
I'm not sure FL gets that. He just sees "Red" and "Danger, Will Robinson!", "Islam", "Run Run"...

Some day the comfort in our countries may not be so comfortable.
Our greatest sin is complacency. You ought not run, and we're not called to in Christ.

We're called to go out into the world. To reach out to the poor and oppressed and share the hope that Christ provides.
Christianity isn't and shouldn't be about living a life of comfort. We're not promised that.

1 Peter 1:3-7 --
  • 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
You're to be congratulated. Not to be rapped over the knuckles for not "escaping".
To "escape" to comfort, why then you may as well bury the coin God gave you until the end.

We don't see eye to eye on different issues, but definitely more seriously in your court here Neo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

melanie wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
neo-x wrote:
neo-x wrote:I just find it ridiculous that the world's safety is bound to America. It isn't
You are correct. There are other players - including Israel - but America is by far the greater player. In the present war against ISIS, America is responsible for over 90% of the offensive operations.

FL y**==
Good for them they should take care of the mess they created in the first place.
It is a mess but America was trying to give the Iraqi's a better life than they had but Political Correctness in america stopped it.
I'm sorry to say Abel but that is a daft thing to say
Americas invasion of Iraq, done so under completely illegitimate justifications has left the country in political meltdown.
Since the invasion whatever bonds held Shiite, Sunni and Kurdish elements together within the one state have been destroyed.
The result... What we are seeing now!

B. W. wrote:Actually NO Melanie,

The invasion did not cause a melt down. It caused the progressive left to melt down - who by the way hate america and desire its destruction.

That has been brewing for years. Began in the 1930's, plotted and planned with the take over the USA educational system to push a leftist agenda. It was squelched by WW2 and Korea 1950-53 wara nd the cold war kept it at bay. However by the late 1960's and the 1970 decade after the left took control of the Demarcate party with its leftist hardliners it came back swinging. The left ineed controls the media, the Colleges and now schools. These people hate Christians, conservatives, and all who oppose them with a bind hatred. They hate America and used Bush's doctrine of a NEW TONE to utterly destroy America. Sadly these people do not think they are part of America and will die with America after they destroy it completely. You see, the USA brought the USSR down in the 1980's after years of covert work and the USSR had the same forms of Covertness to bring the US down form the 1930 till the USSR collapsed. That has now borne its fruit.

I find it odd how the left defends Obama for doing the same failed policies of Bush and Obamas utter contempt for the USA and its Constitution which Bush never did but blamed him for doing the same nevertheless. Now the major new networks are control/owned by known leftist and poisoned america with anti america propaganda - a fifth column for a lack of a better word. Obama is the worst lying cheating narcissistic racist president the USA has ever known who is hell bent without warrant to utterly destroy the USA. Without realizing it, the majority of leftists in this country are no more than useful idiots as Joe Stalin phrased it.

It is disheartening to see that foreign lands are spoon fed from our leftist news media and the truth is exchanged for a one world new order lie...

God bless the USA and Australia!

Have not been to Aussie land but maybe someday I might, especially if it is the last place on earth for free peoples to remain free.

Blessings
-
-
-
There is a chance that Obama has overreached with his left-wing far left lying agenda so that people have had enough of liberal policies in America and that Obama has set liberalism back 20 years,still even if this is true it would take probably 10 Ronald Reagan type presidents in a row to clean up the mess liberalism has made in America. And usually the good presidents that do try to clean up the mess suffer for it politically because of the liberal propaganda news and people want quick results and it is not easy and takes time and people are impatient.It is usually the Presidents that don't deal with the problems he's faced with and just kicks the can down the road for some other President to deal with in order to have high poll numbers like Bill Clinton that get all the praise.Liberalism has done so much damage that I'm really not sure it can be fixed,but we'll see.We have too many RINO's in the Republican party still but do have some new interesting conservative new blood in Congress but they have to survive the mentality in Washington and wait for their turn.Wow!I have not talked politics in so long.

I thought it was funny RINO John McCain "the maverick" running as a conservative against Obama.I wasn't fooled and set out that election that gave us Obama but if liberalism is going to destroy America?I'd rather it be liberals that do it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:There is no hope for Pakistan, neo, none. You need to leave your country and emigrate to someplace safe. I know that that is easier said that done but the longer you wait, the more sealed Western borders become to people from states harbouring terrorists.
@Neo-X, just want to direct a post to you after further thought on FL's earlier harsh words.
It's actually irked me a little. Do not listen to him. You couldn't receive more dribble if it were Satan himself!

If we were called to separate from those who aren't Christian, then we'd have to leave the world. (1 Cor 5:10)
I'm not sure FL gets that. He just sees "Red" and "Danger, Will Robinson!", "Islam", "Run Run"...

Our greatest sin is complacency. You ought not run, and we're not called to in Christ.

We're called to go out into the world. To reach out to the poor and oppressed and share the hope that Christ provides.
Christianity isn't and shouldn't be about living a life of comfort. We're not promised that.

• 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
You're to be congratulated. Not to be rapped over the knuckles for not "escaping".
To "escape" to comfort, why then you may as well bury the coin God gave you until the end.

We don't see eye to eye on different issues, but definitely more seriously in your court here Neo.
Thank you K. Honestly I wanted to leave and I tried to leave too but was not successful. I just wanted my family to be safe after some events which directly posed real danger to me and my family. However I am staying whether I want or not, if that is how God wants it than I can't change it. I pray for guidance and a heart which can hear God.

As for Pakistan, I don't mind FL's words, he has to be literally here to see things as they are. If I had only a hope of a life with justice and without discrimination in my country, I would never want to leave Pakistan. Its a good country in many ways. I don't want to go to some western country just to clean at McDonald's or pump gas at some station, drive a taxi etc. I have a better life here in many ways but what I don't have is a stable environment, a chance to do better.

And there is a lot of work still to be done in Pakistan, evangelism is still not full done here. Its dangerous and sometimes fatal. But its not always that either, sometimes we can get a lot done without much "fatal" problems, its difficulty always though. We just have to be careful. I sometimes feel may be God still wants me and my family here, a lot of people rely on us. Including children we put to schools. So I can never fully "escape" I would still need to support and take responsibility of what God has put to me.

I don't know what else to say on the matter.

Thank you for the verses, it always brings peace to me. Thank you for support, it means a lot.
And FL has been kind and supported my ministry work last year for which he needs to be commended...he just won't visit and I understand why.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

neo-x wrote:Sorry but I am not badmouthing America because it popular to do so. I think many westerners feel proud to defend the honor of America, such as yourself but I don't blame you. You have to be in my shoes to feel what I feel and vice versa. To you America has been good, for me the case is different. Its just a problem of relevancy.
Firstly, I'm not "proud to defend the honour of America"! I am absolutely unpatriotic about my own country and even less so about the USA. I just appreciate that America is a good place to live for the average guy... probably one of the best, if not the best, for people who aspire to the Western way of life. Americans are friendly, the climate is agreeable in most places, shopping is plentiful, the roads are well-kept, the geography is varied and pretty, the standard of living is high...what's not to like?

As for American drones in Pakistan, you can blame America for them or you can blame the lawlessness in your own country. So far, we haven't had any US drone strikes in Canada...and I don't think America has sent drones to Europe either. Australia & New Zealand? Nope...no drones there. Why do you think all these other countries have escaped American ire?

There is no hope for Pakistan, neo, none. You need to leave your country and emigrate to someplace safe. I know that that is easier said that done but the longer you wait, the more sealed Western borders become to people from states harbouring terrorists.

FL y~o)
Why do you think the planes on 9/11 hit america and no other country?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

neo-x wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

Thank you K. Honestly I wanted to leave and I tried to leave too but was not successful. I just wanted my family to be safe after some events which directly posed real danger to me and my family. However I am staying whether I want or not, if that is how God wants it than I can't change it. I pray for guidance and a heart which can hear God.

As for Pakistan, I don't mind FL's words, he has to be literally here to see things as they are. If I had only a hope of a life with justice and without discrimination in my country, I would never want to leave Pakistan. Its a good country in many ways. I don't want to go to some western country just to clean at McDonald's or pump gas at some station, drive a taxi etc. I have a better life here in many ways but what I don't have is a stable environment, a chance to do better.

And there is a lot of work still to be done in Pakistan, evangelism is still not full done here. Its dangerous and sometimes fatal. But its not always that either, sometimes we can get a lot done without much "fatal" problems, its difficulty always though. We just have to be careful. I sometimes feel may be God still wants me and my family here, a lot of people rely on us. Including children we put to schools. So I can never fully "escape" I would still need to support and take responsibility of what God has put to me.

I don't know what else to say on the matter.

Thank you for the verses, it always brings peace to me. Thank you for support, it means a lot.
And FL has been kind and supported my ministry work last year for which he needs to be commended...he just won't visit and I understand why.
Neo...

I live in the UK so I have a fairly stable country to live in. I can`t even begin to imagine the situation you`re in. I have nothing to offer to the discussion but I just wanted to let you know I think you are incredibly brave and I will pray for you and your family. God bless you Neo, from the depths of my soul.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:Why do you think the planes on 9/11 hit america and no other country?
Becaus America is considered the Great Satan by Muslim extremists. America is also blamed for the creation of Al-Qaeda, ISIS, the attacks in Canada. Australia, Denmark, and the Charlie Hebdo massacre. Even moderate Muslims believe these attacks are par for the course! A crazier idea than that could only come from a raving lunatic. Are you going to blame America too?

I have a Muslim friend; he's secular and no more religious than his cat. Ali is of the opinion that any djellaba- or hijab- or niqab or chador-clad Muslim living in a Western country is "vermin" (his term) and represents a "danger". I don't agree with Ali but I see his point. As I've told him many times, Muslims are the first victims of Islam. As for this:
Kurieuo wrote:@Neo-X, just want to direct a post to you after further thought on FL's earlier harsh words.It's actually irked me a little. Do not listen to him. You couldn't receive more dribble if it were Satan himself!If we were called to separate from those who aren't Christian, then we'd have to leave the world. (1 Cor 5:10)I'm not sure FL gets that. He just sees "Red" and "Danger, Will Robinson!", "Islam", "Run Run"...
You don't know what you're talking about, Kurieuo! It's nice of you to defend neo but he needs no defence from me. You may want to look into Christian persecution in Pakistan. According to VOM, Pakistan is a nation hostile to Christians. So, in addition to lawlessness & corruption, Christians also must face violence, church destructions and death.

Anyway, I have to get to work!

FL :D

+ + +

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

-
HEY! I resent you poking FUN at my two-bit uh...beautiful country and my own Frog French-Canadian ethnicity! SHAME ON YOU! I was defending your land against the bowling-alley intellectuals from third-rate powers! Scroll up and see their licentious posts!

Complaint so noted :fighting: I've been hit by a Canadian ...

I was considering moving to Canada but Australia sounds better, unless there is still hope for this country. Our I might try to move to that new world called Florida somewhere near the New Texas frontier in the next few years.

Too many bowling-alley intellectuals from third-rate states move to Colorado to keep staying here, this state has gone to pot in a hemp hand-basket...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

B. W. wrote:

-

Complaint so noted :fighting: I've been hit by a Canadian ...

I was considering moving to Canada but Australia sounds better, unless there is still hope for this country. Our I might try to move to that new world called Florida somewhere near the New Texas frontier in the next few years.

Too many bowling-alley intellectuals from third-rate states move to Colorado to keep staying here, this state has gone to pot in a hemp hand-basket...
-
-
-
B. W.,

If you want to make a decent living in Florida, you probably have to own your own business. The pay here stinks. But I think I'm stuck somewhere in warm weather. I can't stand the cold anymore.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: If you want to make a decent living in Florida, you probably have to own your own business. The pay here stinks. But I think I'm stuck somewhere in warm weather. I can't stand the cold anymore.
Or, you have to go much further south in Florida to the real money places, like Miami, or various places on the Gulf Coast. North Florida is basically south Georgia, economically speaking.