The evil within us

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The evil within us

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Rick: If you want to make a decent living in Florida, you probably have to own your own business. The pay here stinks. But I think I'm stuck somewhere in warm weather. I can't stand the cold anymore.
Or, you have to go much further south in Florida to the real money places, like Miami, or various places on the Gulf Coast. North Florida is basically south Georgia, economically speaking.
That it is. And Georgia is like a south South Carolina. :lol:

But if you're in the financial business, Jacksonville is a pretty good city to work in. Or so I've heard.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: That it is. And Georgia is like a south South Carolina. :lol:
In SC, the money centers are the capital (Columbia, seat of government, several universities (one major, USC) and colleges, Fort Jackson/key U.S. training camp), Greenville (manufacturing, many companies foreign companies), Charleston (tourism, Boeing). Away from these centers, it is much like inland FL, economically. However, the online telecommuting respects no borders :D .
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:@Neo-X, just want to direct a post to you after further thought on FL's earlier harsh words.It's actually irked me a little. Do not listen to him. You couldn't receive more dribble if it were Satan himself!If we were called to separate from those who aren't Christian, then we'd have to leave the world. (1 Cor 5:10)I'm not sure FL gets that. He just sees "Red" and "Danger, Will Robinson!", "Islam", "Run Run"...
You don't know what you're talking about, Kurieuo! It's nice of you to defend neo but he needs no defence from me. You may want to look into Christian persecution in Pakistan. According to VOM, Pakistan is a nation hostile to Christians. So, in addition to lawlessness & corruption, Christians also must face violence, church destructions and death.
I see that you obviously had the best the intentions.
I'm not sure where you got the idea I believe Pakistan loves Christians.
My words in fact were quite the opposite of that and more to encourage Neo since he is there as a Christian.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

neo-x wrote:Thank you K. Honestly I wanted to leave and I tried to leave too but was not successful. I just wanted my family to be safe after some events which directly posed real danger to me and my family. However I am staying whether I want or not, if that is how God wants it than I can't change it. I pray for guidance and a heart which can hear God.

As for Pakistan, I don't mind FL's words, he has to be literally here to see things as they are. If I had only a hope of a life with justice and without discrimination in my country, I would never want to leave Pakistan. Its a good country in many ways. I don't want to go to some western country just to clean at McDonald's or pump gas at some station, drive a taxi etc. I have a better life here in many ways but what I don't have is a stable environment, a chance to do better.

And there is a lot of work still to be done in Pakistan, evangelism is still not full done here. Its dangerous and sometimes fatal. But its not always that either, sometimes we can get a lot done without much "fatal" problems, its difficulty always though. We just have to be careful. I sometimes feel may be God still wants me and my family here, a lot of people rely on us. Including children we put to schools. So I can never fully "escape" I would still need to support and take responsibility of what God has put to me.
Family certainly adds complexities.
Everything I would like to do is filtered through my responsibilities to family.
I truly have not much idea and can only imagine what it is like, but pray one day it will change before the end.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

B. W. wrote:I was considering moving to Canada but Australia sounds better, unless there is still hope for this country.
Moving to Canada or Australia from the USA? That's like drinking champagne all your life then deciding to drink urine for health reasons...I think you're still better off in the USA, as long as it's not in southern Florida. There are too many foreigners south of Okeechobee: you'll need to learn either French or Spanish to live there.

Wyoming! Go to Wyoming! They got 'em nice license plates!

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Always wondered why our beer tasted like piss. y:-?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Always wondered why our beer tasted like piss. y:-?
Hey! I'm the one with the smart-alec responses! I was expecting you to be offended at my bashing of Australia.

What is this world coming to?

FL :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Always wondered why our beer tasted like piss. y:-?
Hey! I'm the one with the smart-alec responses! I was expecting you to be offended at my bashing of Australia.

What is this world coming to?

FL :shakehead:
Why is it that French Canadian women taste like piss? y:-?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Why is it that French Canadian women taste like piss? y:-?
uh...why? (You'd better hide your post from your wife...)

FL y:-/

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote: Why is it that French Canadian women taste like piss? y:-?
uh...why? (You'd better hide your post from your wife...)

FL y:-/
Oh crap! I forgot she's French Canadian! y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

OK...It has been amusing for me to poke fun at your god Patriotism :pound: but let's get to something serious:

http://www.persecution.com sends me stuff every once in a while because I send them my spare change. They recently sent me a nice map of the world (a flat sheet of paper about 12 x 18inches [30x45cm]) in which every country is color-coded. The colors represent the levels of persecution Christians face in that particular country. Countries in grey are those where no persecution of Christians exist. Countries in yellow are "Monitored" meaning that there is a tendency for increasing persecution. Countries colored in teal are "Hostile" which means that they are...hostile towards Christians. And, lastly - the worst group - countries colored in RED on the map are cassified as "Restricted". This is how VOM defines Restricted:

RESTRICTED This includes countries where government Policy or practise prevents Christians from obtaining Bibles or other Christian literature. Also included are countries with government-sanctioned circumstances or anti-Christian laws that lead to believers being harassed, imprisoned, killed or deprived of basic needs.

Restricted countries are:

Afganistan
Algeria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Belarus
Bhutan
Brunei
China
Comoros Islands
Cuba
Egypt
Eritrea
Gaza & the West Bank
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Khazakstan
Kyrgystan
Kuwait
Laos
Lybia
Malaysia
Maldives
Mauritania
Morocco
Myanmar
North Korea
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

So, you see, the world isn't really a friendly place for Christians.

FL :teacher:

EDIT: I had to add Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan to the list.
Last edited by Furstentum Liechtenstein on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

+ + +

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Wow, FL, that's about 19 percent of the world's countries! Sad! But unsurprising. Strange how a belief that commands sacrificial love, honesty and kindness to ALL is such a national security threat to so many nations. You'd almost think Christian were terrorists!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

B. W. wrote:I was considering moving to Canada but Australia sounds better, unless there is still hope for this country.
Moving to Canada or Australia from the USA? That's like drinking champagne all your life then deciding to drink urine for health reasons...I think you're still better off in the USA, as long as it's not in southern Florida. There are too many foreigners south of Okeechobee: you'll need to learn either French or Spanish to live there.

Wyoming! Go to Wyoming! They got 'em nice license plates!

Yes that is only 45 miles form me now - maybe South Dakota...

Heard there are a lot of knowns in Florida selling mountain view swamp beach front property...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:Heard there are a lot of klowns in Florida selling mountain view swamp beach front property...
RickD ain't a Klown no more! He's a football player!

Ever thought of recycling yourself as a realtor, Ricardo? You have all the prerequisites: you're personable, funny, intelligent...I could continue but your head might swell up!

The only problem I see is your 550HP Mustang. It has only two doors and is not suited to driving your clients around. I'm willing to trade my rusted beautiful 1998 Dodge Caravan in perfect running condition for your totally inappropriate teenmobile. I'm only thinking of your good.

FL y:D

+ + +

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:Wow, FL, that's about 19 percent of the world's countries! Sad! But unsurprising. Strange how a belief that commands sacrificial love, honesty and kindness to ALL is such a national security threat to so many nations. You'd almost think Christian were terrorists!
Yessir! And only 6 of the countries on the list are not populated by members of the so-called Religion of Peace. Antisemitic Christians take note!

+ + +

+ + +