Writings of the Christian Mystics

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
yeshuafreak
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Writings of the Christian Mystics

Post by yeshuafreak »

i personally believe that kabbalah is a correct 'mysticism.' in all reality though, it is not a mysticism. it is a jewish science. now, i am not speaking of red strings and such. i speak of how the glory of God around us react to us to form our reality. it bridges the gap btwn Physics and the quantum theory, adn psychology, etc. it then puts theology and applies it to science. its main texts that are studdied is ezekiel 1 and genesis 1. it also studies the story of Jacobs ladder.

it is way to complex to explain here, however, on my own forum, i will be doing lessons in it. when i am done, you can come and see it at the following site. the sites under it are where i learned alot of my kabbalaistic material from:

http://www.barukhyeshua.proboards.com/i ... &thread=66

http://www.kabbalahlearningcenter.info/index.php

http://www.yashanet.com/studies/revstudy/background.htm

just thought that would be interesting. i know that most people here are christian, but you pobably would have a problem with messianic jdudaism what i am ). it is the believe that judaism is still the religion of God, yet Yeshua was the Mashiach. we also beleive that breaking oral law is NOT a sin, but if you are jewish, you are to stay true to your culture and follow it. if you are gentiles, you can become part of the nation of Yisrael without becoming jewish. The law of Moses is sill to be followed, but things like (1) the legal part of torah cannot be followed seeing as how Theocratic Yisrael does not exist (2) sacrifices and temple ordinances cannot be done without a temple (and sin sacrifices should not be necassary for christians who are to be perfect just as the heavenly father is perfect).

there are many other things that messianic jews believe, and i cannot get into a whole speail now, nor do i want to get off topic, but i thought that maybe a messianic jewish point of view on mysticism could be benefcial

shalom- john
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

Apologetics.org says regarding the kabbalah or cabala (both: kb´l): "the system appears to have been given its earliest formulation in the 11th cent. in France, and from there spread most notably to Spain. There were undoubtedly precedents, however; kabbalistic elements are discernible in the literature of earlier Merkavah mysticism (fl. after c.A.D. 100) inspired by the vision of the chariot-throne ("merkavah") in the Book of Ezekiel. Beyond the specifically Jewish notions contained within the kabbalah, some scholars believe that it reflects a strong Neoplatonic influence, especially in its doctrines of emanation and the transmigration of souls (see Neoplatonism). In the late 15th and 16th cent., Christian thinkers found support in the kabbalah for their own doctrines, out of which they developed a Christian version. Kabbalistic interpretation of Scripture was based on the belief that every word, letter, number, and even accent contained mysteries interpretable by those who knew the secret."

So if it's primarily an 11th century French publication which doesn't go back to Abraham yet has bits and pieces from earlier periods, how can you defend it as a correct Jewish mysticism?

Also, I've met Messanic Jews (men like David Hawkins) and they don't teach that Christians have to convert to Judiasm or be under the law of Moses to be authentic Christians of which Paul's letters clearly speak against this.

While this is your current understanding, I would suggest it is not a scriptural one nor one practiced by mainstream Messanic Jews and certainly not mainstream Christianity.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

B. W. wrote:
cslewislover wrote:And here is the last installment of the Revelations of Love by Julian of Norwich. May you be blessed by all of them.
Thank You! Good stuff :D

I haven't forgot this thread! I'll be back
-
-
-
It's been 6 years B.W. ! I hope you come back soon. :sleep:

Union with God while still alive on earth -> mystical path !........Excellent :ebiggrin:

Dark night of the soul........Not excellent . :roll:
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

LittleHamster wrote:
B. W. wrote:
cslewislover wrote:And here is the last installment of the Revelations of Love by Julian of Norwich. May you be blessed by all of them.
Thank You! Good stuff :D

I haven't forgot this thread! I'll be back
It's been 6 years B.W. ! I hope you come back soon. :sleep:

Union with God while still alive on earth -> mystical path !........Excellent :ebiggrin:

Dark night of the soul........Not excellent . :roll:
6 years - is that all?

No one responded, until now :waiting:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys