Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by bippy123 »

Kurieuo wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
And the face of Jesus is a another one but that was posted way back in the thread pages . Here is the link to that one also.

Here is the link to the full documentary
http://youtu.be/WNJPJ4JwHeE
That is an amazing video.
Yea Paul , im still amazed that the history channel gave such an unbiased view of the shroud . Usually they come out with garbage conspiracy theiries when it comes to Christianity.

The shroud will be on display starting Aprils 19th for 45 days . Not sure which tv station will be picking it up. I'll keep checking .
There's a lot of blah blah, gnostic this and that talk...
After the scan at the end and overlay on the shroud impression, my hairs stood on end.
Yea , Kurieuo, it seems like they have a love affair with the Gnostics , I don't know why.
Yea that part in the end was amazing . It has the same effect on me every time I watch it.

On an even sadder not, cnn just had their soecial on the shroud a while back and Barrie Schwortz was shocked at how biased they were against it , to the point of leaving out Ray Rogers peer reviewed chemical analysis that refuted the 1988 c14 tests .
When I saw the review I didn't even bother to watch it . What else should I have expected from cnn.
I'm surprised they didn't install Richard Dawkins as the lead shroud expert lol
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

bippy123 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
And the face of Jesus is a another one but that was posted way back in the thread pages . Here is the link to that one also.

Here is the link to the full documentary
http://youtu.be/WNJPJ4JwHeE
That is an amazing video.
Yea Paul , im still amazed that the history channel gave such an unbiased view of the shroud . Usually they come out with garbage conspiracy theiries when it comes to Christianity.

The shroud will be on display starting Aprils 19th for 45 days . Not sure which tv station will be picking it up. I'll keep checking .
There's a lot of blah blah, gnostic this and that talk...
After the scan at the end and overlay on the shroud impression, my hairs stood on end.
Yea , Kurieuo, it seems like they have a love affair with the Gnostics , I don't know why.
Yea that part in the end was amazing . It has the same effect on me every time I watch it.

On an even sadder not, cnn just had their soecial on the shroud a while back and Barrie Schwortz was shocked at how biased they were against it , to the point of leaving out Ray Rogers peer reviewed chemical analysis that refuted the 1988 c14 tests .
When I saw the review I didn't even bother to watch it . What else should I have expected from cnn.
I'm surprised they didn't install Richard Dawkins as the lead shroud expert lol
They seemed to love Krauss also y:-/

The whole thing could has been compressed to probably 10-15 minutes. Now that would be really cool.
But, then I suppose it wouldn't be long enough for airing.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

They seemed to love Krauss also y:-/

The whole thing could has been compressed to probably 10-15 minutes. Now that would be really cool.
But, then I suppose it wouldn't be long enough for airing.
You mean Lawrence "the universe created itself out of nothing " Krauss :mrgreen:

Yea it could have been compressed but like u said , it wouldn't be long enough for airing and also they wanted to build some suspense up .

We haven't seen anything new on the shroud since the October conference . I hope they release something during the Easter season. The problem of shroud findings has always been the media . I think if the shroud researchers would save their findings and release them during the holidays they would probably be seen by more people .

I mean we still have folks that still remember only the 1988 c14 tests and that's ancient history and refuted .
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

http://international.ucam.edu/news/ucam ... turin-same

13th February 2015
UCAM's researchers have found scientific evidence that places the Shroud of Oviedo and the Shroud of Turin in the same scenario
The discovery has been made possible thanks to the scanning electron microscope with which the Catholic University of Murcia has identified blood and pollen cells

A research group from the Catholic University of Murcia which is studying samples of the Shroud of Oviedo, has discovered a grain of pollen from one plant that, according to the Pollen Expert of EDICES, Marzia Boi, is compatible with the botanical species of Helicrysum Sp., also identified in the Holy Shroud (Shroud of Turin). Moreover, it has dropped the hypothesis of subsequent contamination, as the pollen is linked to the blood; which indicates that the pollen appeared on the shroud at the same time as the blood, and not any other point along its history. This is a very important fact because it helps prove the authenticity of the Shroud of Oviedo, and deny previous allegations of it being a forgery.

This research has been made possible as a result of the innovative scanning electron microscope which UCAM has in its posession. UCAM's President stated that the University acquired "the microscope to offer this service to the scientific community", to be able to investigate in depth the relic in question. This is a new finding, which goes beyond the initial research line on which the study is centered which is focused on human biological material.

As stated by the Chief of the Section of Forensic Histopathology of the Legal Medicine Institute of Murcia, and Director of the Research Team of the Spanish Centre for Sindonology (EDICES), Alfonso Sánchez Hermosilla, this discovery brings to light another connection between the two Shrouds, combining with the growing list of scientific studies of these relics attributed to Jesus of Nazareth. In fact, as shown by previous research, there are several features that link both relics. The Shroud of Oviedo contains human bloodstains that belong to the AB group, which is the same blood group found on the Shroud of Turin. In addition, the bloodstains of the Shroud of Oviedo fit mathematically with bloodstains found on the face of the Shroud of Turin, which can only be explained if the two cloths covered the same face.

Helicrysum

Helicrysum has been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes in the Middle East; it was also used in Jewish burials during the first century of the Christian era, so it is no surprise that it is found in the blood remnants of a cloth used to shroud a dead body.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

How wonderfully exciting! :twodancing:
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

UCAM's researchers have found scientific evidence that places the Shroud of Oviedo and the Shroud of Turin in the same scenario
bippy, I have something to send you and storeyteller via pm. it's all about the Shroud and the Oviedo but is not of scientific evidence. You'll enjoy regardless. It certainly is getting closer and closer to "this is the real deal reality" isn't it ! :happyclap: :goodpost: bip.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
bippy, I have something to send you and storeyteller via pm. it's all about the Shroud and the Oviedo but is not of scientific evidence. You'll enjoy regardless. It certainly is getting closer and closer to "this is the real deal reality" isn't it ! :happyclap: :goodpost: bip.
Well, hurry up and send it then! I'm on tenterhooks here!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

bippy123 wrote:http://international.ucam.edu/news/ucam ... turin-same

13th February 2015
The discovery has been made possible thanks to the scanning electron microscope with which the Catholic University of Murcia has identified blood and pollen cells

A research group from the Catholic University of Murcia which is studying samples of the Shroud of Oviedo, has discovered a grain of pollen from one plant that, according to the Pollen Expert of EDICES, Marzia Boi, is compatible with the botanical species of Helicrysum Sp., also identified in the Holy Shroud (Shroud of Turin). Moreover, it has dropped the hypothesis of subsequent contamination, as the pollen is linked to the blood; which indicates that the pollen appeared on the shroud at the same time as the blood, and not any other point along its history. This is a very important fact because it helps prove the authenticity of the Shroud of Oviedo, and deny previous allegations of it being a forgery.

This research has been made possible as a result of the innovative scanning electron microscope which UCAM has in its posession. UCAM's President stated that the University acquired "the microscope to offer this service to the scientific community", to be able to investigate in depth the relic in question. This is a new finding, which goes beyond the initial research line on which the study is centered which is focused on human biological material.

As stated by the Chief of the Section of Forensic Histopathology of the Legal Medicine Institute of Murcia, and Director of the Research Team of the Spanish Centre for Sindonology (EDICES), Alfonso Sánchez Hermosilla, this discovery brings to light another connection between the two Shrouds, combining with the growing list of scientific studies of these relics attributed to Jesus of Nazareth. In fact, as shown by previous research, there are several features that link both relics. The Shroud of Oviedo contains human bloodstains that belong to the AB group, which is the same blood group found on the Shroud of Turin. In addition, the bloodstains of the Shroud of Oviedo fit mathematically with bloodstains found on the face of the Shroud of Turin, which can only be explained if the two cloths covered the same face.

Helicrysum

Helicrysum has been used for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes in the Middle East; it was also used in Jewish burials during the first century of the Christian era, so it is no surprise that it is found in the blood remnants of a cloth used to shroud a dead body.

One more piece of the "puzzle".
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Got it essential . My net was off for a week so I couldn't respond like I normally could . Fascinating stuff . U peeked my curiousity now . I will soon put my Sherlock Holmes hat on again :mrgreen:
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:
bippy123 wrote:http://international.ucam.edu/news/ucam ... turin-same

13th February 2015

Helicrysum

One more piece of the "puzzle".
Correct Paul and it is evidences like these that make the forger theory sound even more ridiculous then before .
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:
Well, hurry up and send it then! I'm on tenterhooks here!
Id imagine you will be as fascinated by this as I am now Annette. I'm just trying to get some time to put more research effort into this . I will start squeezing the proverbial stone for water soon :mrgreen:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Please do Bips :)

Absolutely incredible isn`t it?

I had to read it several times, that`s one article I am definitely saving!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Well do share....
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

ES?

Can you post it on here for others? I tried but I can`t copy and paste :(
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

P.S. Will try and forward the message to you Silvertusk x

edited to add, I can`t do that either! :(