The Gap theory

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: The Gap theory

Post by Audie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audie wrote:
SoCalExile wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Audie wrote:It would be interesting if it were found in something other than a woo woo site
Yeah the problem is people who believe in ET's not many people know about the former world,a lost world because of the theory of evolution.But if these pipes are legit,it is evidence for a lost world and we already know about primates and we know they did not evolve into men or have a common ancestor,they were just a different race of beings long before God created man in this world.
No chance it's pre-flood?
No chance there was a "flood", of the world wide/ark sort.
Audie,how can you still say this?I have given scientific evidence for world wide floods before.
I "can say it" because the "flood" story is so thoroughly disproved by so many different means that its plain silly to try to insist there was a flood.

Yes, you have presented "evidence" but you lack the depth of knowledge needed to make anything of it. A dead chicken is "evidence", but of what? A brain xray is evidence. Do you know what to do with it? You could advise the surgeon?

You ignore that all evidence that might suggest there really was a flood that has long since and a thousand times over been shown not to have happened. Calling it "evolutionist perspective" only accomplishes self deception.

They say that a start at wisdom is realizing how little you know. Recognizing self deception is tough. You havent made a start yet.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Audie,
Tell me why secular science has discovered world wide dust including in the oceans that dates to about Noah's flood then? just because they don't consider the bible does not mean there is no evidence for a world wide flood.We have dust world wide and it dates to the time of Noah's flood and it is science too,not AIG.I can post a link about it and you'll see it is science saying it,specifically geologists.
It is "self deception"to look at all of the evidence in the earth from an evolution perspective even though not one scientist has ever demonstrated life evolves,and because scientists have done this?The fossils are looked at as if life evolves,when it does'nt.

We have a lost world that nobody knows about.How is it that you can believe life evolves when it has never been demonstrated and yet deny my evidence for a world wide flood? I have evidence and you don't,I don't say this rudely either,it is just the way it is though.A lot of people believe life evolves and have been tricked.Without scientific evidence life evolves you cannot use the fossils as evidence that life evolves because I can say it is the life that existed in the former world that perished before God created this world.Notice that I do not use AIG evidence,I use secular science.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Something happened about the time of Noah's flood and science detects it but they don't consider the bible,so perhaps we need to help.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 080804.htm
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Audie,
Tell me why secular science has discovered world wide dust including in the oceans that dates to about Noah's flood then? just because they don't consider the bible does not mean there is no evidence for a world wide flood.We have dust world wide and it dates to the time of Noah's flood and it is science too,not AIG.I can post a link about it and you'll see it is science saying it,specifically geologists.
It is "self deception"to look at all of the evidence in the earth from an evolution perspective even though not one scientist has ever demonstrated life evolves,and because scientists have done this?The fossils are looked at as if life evolves,when it does'nt.

We have a lost world that nobody knows about.How is it that you can believe life evolves when it has never been demonstrated and yet deny my evidence for a world wide flood? I have evidence and you don't,I don't say this rudely either,it is just the way it is though.A lot of people believe life evolves and have been tricked.Without scientific evidence life evolves you cannot use the fossils as evidence that life evolves because I can say it is the life that existed in the former world that perished before God created this world.Notice that I do not use AIG evidence,I use secular science.
There is no such thing as "secular science".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:

Of course there is:
http://www.allaboutworldview.org/secular-science.htm
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

Of course there is:
http://www.allaboutworldview.org/secular-science.htm
And this is the kind of garbage they spew:
Belief in evolution is as crucial to Humanism’s worldview as are its atheistic theology and naturalistic philosophy. In fact, the Humanist’s ideas about the origin of life can be considered a special dimension of these disciplines. Without the theory of evolution, the Humanist would have to rely on God as the explanation for life, which would necessarily destroy his atheism. Therefore, every Secular Humanist embraces the theory of evolution.
As if, not only evolution but science in general, and creation are somehow in contention. :shakehead:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

GIGO

"Secular science" is nonsense, the "dust layer" doesnt exist.

If a person has no sense about getting info from woo woo sites, they cant expect anything they say to be given much respect.
Last edited by Audie on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ACB,

I've been doing a little research on the Gap Theory, and it seems you are in good company. My google search indicated that the following famous people have ties to the gap theory:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Audie wrote:GIGO
Is this one of those rare moments we agree? :esurprised: (hopefully I didn't misread).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Byblos wrote:
Is this one of those rare moments we agree? :esurprised: (hopefully I didn't misread).
It doesnt mean we are on speaking terms.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Audie wrote:
Byblos wrote:
But I did get you to answer me anyway, didn't I. :mrgreen: :wave:

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
Byblos wrote:
It must mean you are on speaking terms. You just spoke to him.

And Audie,

You said:
There is no such thing as "secular science"
So, I provided you with a link that shows "secular science" is what the writers of the link believe to be a humanistic worldview. So, it does exist, at least in their minds.
Just because you or I may disagree with their beliefs, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yec exists. It's a belief system about creation.

Flat Earth Theory Exists. It's a belief that the earth is flat.

The ToE exists. It's a theory about how life evolved.

Get it?

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
Byblos wrote:

And Audie,

You said:
So, I provided you with a link that shows "secular science" is what the writers of the link believe to be a humanistic worldview. So, it does exist, at least in their minds.
Just because you or I may disagree with their beliefs, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Get it?
Im not on speaking terms with you either. Get it?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
Byblos wrote:

And Audie,

You said:

Get it?
Im not on speaking terms with you either. Get it?
:pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote: Im not on speaking terms with you either. Get it?
:pound:
Welcome to the club Rick. How does it feel to be ignored! :pound: