Bible and rap?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Dorothy89
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Bible and rap?

Post by Dorothy89 »

Have you ever heard about singing verses of the Bible? Like Eminem for example ? In Poland say that this can be a good idea that children had already begun to read the Bible .
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Bible and rap?

Post by RickD »

Dorothy89 wrote:Have you ever heard about singing verses of the Bible? Like Eminem for example ? In Poland say that this can be a good idea that children had already begun to read the Bible .
Do you mean the bible as a rap song to learn scripture? I haven't heard of it. But it sounds like children may have fun with it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Sounds like a great idea to me :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

It ain't rap...but it ain't bad either ! :good: ... special thanks to acb. :wave:

Don't stop til Egypt.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtZMjgISv8M
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Like Eminen? Maybe Bushwick Bill.....about as hardcore a gangsta rapper as you could imagine & member of the Ghetto Boys. His 1992 tune Ever So Clear*, awesome tune!, is an autobiographical account of his life being a little on the wild side and his encounter with Jesus. Forward on to 2006, he's born again and still rapping.

*not linked as the language is not for the overly sensitive.

*edit* doh, I think I misunderstood the post. Rapping actual bible verses, not just rapping with Christ in mind.....oh welll.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Look yourself. For you this is a parody of a Eminem song by Apologetix.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=alx1QTwiUAY
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.