Evidence for theistic evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Evidence for theistic evolution

Post by abelcainsbrother »

What we have is atheist scientists ignoring the first law of thermodynamics coming up with multi verse theories,etc they are putting their faith in science to explain away a creator,ignoring the first law of thermodynamics.They found a way to get around the 2nd law in order to promote evolution and now they are tying to do the same thing with the 1st law of thermodynamics.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

Oh dear, the "ToE violates the TLOT" canard again.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Philip: Audie, despite your determination that your thinking about this matter is unique only to you, your assertions most certainly are necessarily found withing the confines of my stated parameters of possible choices. Again, what other possibilities are there???!!! Is it a caricature to show parameters that exist for ALL persons. And ALL non-theists must fit into premises 2 - 4. If there is another possibility, please enlighten us!
Audie responded: In general the purpose of a gish gallop is to make it impractical to attempt to respond. Ok P, you succeeded. It would take too long even to sort out all the new things you made up.
Ok, Audie, we're ALL waiting to hear your answer as to how your views don't necessarily fit my stated premises 2-4.

And what have I made up? What, if ANYTHING, makes your creation views unique or that makes them fall ANYWHERE outside of my stated parameters?

You just are echoing the common responses of countless agnostics, essentially that there must be a Godless alternative that explains the universe, but that you have no reasonable, scientifically plausible or logical explanation for. So, your options are: Faith in the unknown, unsubstantiated/unproven/totally inexplicable that is both unfathomably and necessarily precedes every known physical thing, matter, dimension and time, process, and mechanism that didn't previously exist, suddenly came into existence all at once, with unimaginable power, precision and immediately began self-organizing its many, incomprehensible, self-designed mechanisms and intricate and necessarily interactive mechanisms and processes vs. an Intelligent Designer and Creator.

Oh what incredible faith it takes to believe in "Pop Metaphisics!" Or to even merely entertain it as a reasonable possibility. Yes, Audie, your own beliefs force you to be constrained within your own "Gish Gallop" straitjacket of impossibilities and mathematically absurd probabilities - the position all atheists and agnostics force themselves into.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

If someone hasnt the capacity to recognize it when they make things up and then declare them to be true, I dont think my listing them is going to accomplish anything.

I've no wish to have anything to do with you or anyone like you.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Audie wrote:If someone hasnt the capacity to recognize it when they make things up and then declare them to be true, I dont think my listing them is going to accomplish anything.

It would though Audie.

You ask others to justify themselves yet you won't.

You can't argue with someone if you won't present an argument. You can't just say he is wrong.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:If someone hasnt the capacity to recognize it when they make things up and then declare them to be true, I dont think my listing them is going to accomplish anything.

Let's all do the Audie Sidestep. C'mon folks it's easy. :twodancing: :whee: :dancing:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:Oh dear, the "ToE violates the TLOT" canard again.
That is not what I said about the 2nd law,I said they found a way around it to promote evolution,they have a new definition of the 2nd law you now go by.The original definition of the 2nd law contradicted evolution so they found a new way to explain the 2nd law to get around it.

Quote:"Classical thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which I am convinced... Will never be overthrown." Albert Einstein.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Philip wrote:
Philip: Audie, despite your determination that your thinking about this matter is unique only to you, your assertions most certainly are necessarily found withing the confines of my stated parameters of possible choices. Again, what other possibilities are there???!!! Is it a caricature to show parameters that exist for ALL persons. And ALL non-theists must fit into premises 2 - 4. If there is another possibility, please enlighten us!
Audie responded: In general the purpose of a gish gallop is to make it impractical to attempt to respond. Ok P, you succeeded. It would take too long even to sort out all the new things you made up.
Ok, Audie, we're ALL waiting to hear your answer as to how your views don't necessarily fit my stated premises 2-4.

And what have I made up? What, if ANYTHING, makes your creation views unique or that makes them fall ANYWHERE outside of my stated parameters?

You just are echoing the common responses of countless agnostics, essentially that there must be a Godless alternative that explains the universe, but that you have no reasonable, scientifically plausible or logical explanation for. So, your options are: Faith in the unknown, unsubstantiated/unproven/totally inexplicable that is both unfathomably and necessarily precedes every known physical thing, matter, dimension and time, process, and mechanism that didn't previously exist, suddenly came into existence all at once, with unimaginable power, precision and immediately began self-organizing its many, incomprehensible, self-designed mechanisms and intricate and necessarily interactive mechanisms and processes vs. an Intelligent Designer and Creator.

Oh what incredible faith it takes to believe in "Pop Metaphisics!" Or to even merely entertain it as a reasonable possibility. Yes, Audie, your own beliefs force you to be constrained within your own "Gish Gallop" straitjacket of impossibilities and mathematically absurd probabilities - the position all atheists and agnostics force themselves into.
On 4/13/15 at 10:00pm (page 55) I gave a #5 that did not fit any of your 1-4 stated premises. You neglected to respond to it. Care to respond to it now?

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kenny wrote:
Philip wrote:

On 4/13/15 at 10:00pm (page 55) I gave a #5 that did not fit any of your 1-4 stated premises. You neglected to respond to it. Care to respond to it now?

Ken
Ken,

Philip can respond if he wants, but I just want to make sure you understand what you said.
5) That nothing just popped into existence, that nothing was ever created without using existing materials, that there was never a point in history when nothing existed, and that matter has always existed in one form or another; and just evolved into what we have now.
You realize that what you're proposing, is outside the realm of science, right?
If matter has always existed, that would go against what is known from science. Specifically the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
Also, a little something about the idea that if there's change, there has to be time. And time cannot go back infinitely.
But please don't ask me to explain that. Maybe one of the resident geniuses like Byblos, or Jac can explain it.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Philip wrote:

Ken
Ken,

Philip can respond if he wants, but I just want to make sure you understand what you said.
5) That nothing just popped into existence, that nothing was ever created without using existing materials, that there was never a point in history when nothing existed, and that matter has always existed in one form or another; and just evolved into what we have now.
You realize that what you're proposing, is outside the realm of science, right?
I also realize what he is proposing is outside the realm of science. Outside the realm of science isn't going to stop an atheist or agnostic from believing it.

Ken
RickD wrote
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

StoryT: It would though Audie.

You ask others to justify themselves yet you won't.

You can't argue with someone if you won't present an argument.

You can't just say he is wrong.
Well, I'm only wrong IF POP Metaphysics is true! It sure as heck isn't a process ANY science I've read about can explain. And it only exists in the minds (fantasies?) of those who deny a theistic explanation.

Remember, "NOTHING is what ROCKS dream about!" So that must be where such fantasies originate - in the dreams of rocks!
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

RickD wrote: If matter has always existed, that would go against what is known from science. Specifically the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
Also, a little something about the idea that if there's change, there has to be time. And time cannot go back infinitely.
Does that apply to God as well? Can’t time be attributed to his actions as well? Or perhaps before time God was immobile like a bug stuck in amber. If so, is it fair to say before time God was indiscernible from non-existent?

Ken
RickD wrote
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ken wrote:
Does that apply to God as well? Can’t time be attributed to his actions as well?
No. God is unchanging.
Or perhaps before time God was immobile like a bug stuck in amber. If so, is it fair to say before time God was indiscernible from non-existent?
God is Spirit. Not physical like a prehistoric bug in Amber.
God is existence.

If you're sincerely interested in this kind of stuff(the nature of God) then I highly recommend this:
https://cmmorrison.files.wordpress.com/ ... imple1.pdf

-Edward R Murrow

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

ken wrote:
Does that apply to God as well? Can’t time be attributed to his actions as well?
RickD wrote:No. God is unchanging.
Not change, movement. Aren't there instances in the Bible of God moving?
kenny wrote:Or perhaps before time God was immobile like a bug stuck in amber. If so, is it fair to say before time God was indiscernible from non-existent?
RickD wrote:God is Spirit. Not physical like a prehistoric bug in Amber.
God is existence.
Can't time be applied to the actions of spirits?

Ken
RickD wrote