Resurrection of jesus christ

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Resurrection of jesus christ

Post by Storyteller »

perplexedsoul wrote:Everyone use the word 'dimension', They play with that word. What exactly meant by dimension ?? And where is the resurrected jesus christ ?? Why he is not coming to the world and proove that he exist. Why he is not coming infront of a video camera and let himself recorded ???
Christ is in Heaven.

He already has come to the world.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

perplexedsoul wrote:Everyone use the word 'dimension', They play with that word. What exactly meant by dimension ?? And where is the resurrected jesus christ ?? Why he is not coming to the world and proove that he exist. Why he is not coming infront of a video camera and let himself recorded ???
You kinda remind me of when he was hanging on the cross? People said if you're the son of God why don't you save yourself and come down off of the cross?They mocked him and yet he took it for us who believe in him and forgave them.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

James 5:7-9 1 Timothy 6:13-16 2 Timothy 4:1-2 Hebrews 9:28

He's coming, just hold on... better to be prepared for this than scream for it and be caught off guard :esurprised:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

perplexedsoul wrote:hi,
Let me ask you few of my doubts. How come resurrection and assumption into heaven is possible. We know there is no oxygen after leaving the atmosphere.
Is oxygen needed in heaven?
How come Jesus travelled through space and reached a place called heaven ?? Distance to the nearest star is 4•25 Light yrs.
Maybe NASA is very close to confirming the warp drive. You warp the space and get to the distant places much quicker.
Heaven is known to be a place situated out of the universe.
What for you means the "out of the universe"?
Is it possible to travel through dark matter and star dust.
Out of the universe may also be not in our 3 dimensional space.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Heaven is not "in space", it is a different dimension, a different "plane of existence".
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Resurrection of jesus christ
Postby 1over137 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Is it possible to give a post 10 stars... or even better yet .. Hannah my hero !

Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Silvertusk wrote:
perplexedsoul wrote:there is no proof for shroud too.It can be of any man
Umm I suggest you might want to read this thread http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... ?f=6&t=225

And then come back and request that this post be deleted.

Warning - It is a long one but worth the read. All credit goes to Bippy our resident Shroud expert. I will try and hold him back from ripping into you until you have read some of it. Although no promises.
:mrgreen: silver you know me too well :mrgreen:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Every eye will see Jesus when he returns.
Born Again Child.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=UbiqM4efEZk
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Every eye will see Jesus when he returns.
Born Again Child.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=UbiqM4efEZk
I also have questions:
Why people did not believe Jesus when he came and performed miracles? Why they beated him and mocked him?
How many times should Jesus come to the world and be mocked? Infront of a video camera? Like David Copperfield? Who would believe Him?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
You kinda remind me of when he was hanging on the cross? People said if you're the son of God why don't you save yourself and come down off of the cross?They mocked him and yet he took it for us who believe in him and forgave them.
I will bet if he came off the cross at that time and showed everyone he was not a fraud, that would have converted more, and accomplished more, than he ever did by just hanging there allowing his executioners perceive him as a criminal.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

and showed everyone he was not a fraud,
Wait, excuse me, did you just call my God a fraud ? Image watch yourself ken, this is close to goodbye.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

1over137 wrote: I also have questions:
Why people did not believe Jesus when he came and performed miracles?
How do you know Jesus preformed miracles? The only thing you know about Jesus is what other people said he did; how do you know they were telling the truth? You take it on faith that what those who wrote the bible said of him was the truth
1over137 wrote:Why they beated him and mocked him?
How many times should Jesus come to the world and be mocked?
According to the Bible, how many times did the God of the Old Testament physically prove his existence to mankind? Did they mock him when Elijah had the confrontation with the Prophets of Baal and God sent a fire from heaven to consume the sacrifice and all the water that was poured on top of it? Did they mock when the 3 hebrew boys were put in the furnace and were unharmed? Did they mock when Daniel was put in the lions den and was unharmed? If they were not mocked then, why would you assume such a display would result in mockery today?
1over137 wrote:Infront of a video camera? Like David Copperfield? Who would believe Him?
Everybody!

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
and showed everyone he was not a fraud,
Wait, excuse me, did you just call my God a fraud ? Image watch yourself ken, this is close to goodbye.
I've got a scenario for you.

If you were surrounded buy nay sayers who believed you weighed more than 200 lbs; and I suggested you step on a scale and prove them all wrong, am I accusing you of weighing over 200 lbs?

Ken
RickD wrote
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Apples and oranges ken... when you said :
I will bet if he came off the cross at that time and showed everyone he was not a fraud,

this is you saying if He does not come off the cross he is a fraud... don't play semantics with me... you believe Him to be a fraud and try covering it up with another one of your word games won't work.

any more than it's ok to use OT references to God's ability to prove himself with biblical OT examples but not allowing for the same God to be proven in NT because you say there's no viable proof, .. only if you believe what other people wrote... fool, how do you think we know anything of anybody from 2000 years ago ? video cameras ? like they aren't easy to manuipulate like "magic" as if anyone would have any reason to believe it if they saw a video... what's wrong with you... you won't believe anything but you would believe a video ?

Hannah was right, why would anyone believe that ... Luke 16:30-32 and with your endless circular logic, why would we listen to you ? Obtuse indeed.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:Apples and oranges ken... when you said :
I will bet if he came off the cross at that time and showed everyone he was not a fraud,

this is you saying if He does not come off the cross he is a fraud... don't play semantics with me...
No, this is you taking a small fraction of what I said out of context; trying to make it seem as if I said something I did not.
HappyFlappyDeist wrote:any more than it's ok to use OT references to God's ability to prove himself with biblical OT examples but not allowing for the same God to be proven in NT because you say there's no viable proof, .. only if you believe what other people wrote... fool, how do you think we know anything of anybody from 2000 years ago ? video cameras ? like they aren't easy to manuipulate like "magic" as if anyone would have any reason to believe it if they saw a video... what's wrong with you... you won't believe anything but you would believe a video ?
Ya know the good thing about video is EVERYBODY has one! I mean a crooked cop can't even give a good 'ole fashion "beat down" anymore without it appearing on youtube! So tell me now; who is going to go to everyone's house with a cell phone, and manipulate all those videos? And you asked what's wrong with me??? Obtuse indeed! (LOL)

Ken
RickD wrote