new study on nde's says they are real

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: new study on nde's says they are real

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:However intentioned, BW, your post is not addressed to me, but to some person you choose to believe exists
outside your mind.
No, I'm pretty sure it was to you Audie. To me, this was the give away:
Now a breif message to Audie
:mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:However intentioned, BW, your post is not addressed to me, but to some person you choose to believe exists
outside your mind.
Are you really such a superficial person, or do you just play one on internet?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
outside your mind.
I've never been so insulted! I'd appreciate it if you didn't make things up about me. I don't want anything to do with you, or anyone like you. You ma'am are on my ig list!

How was my impersonation? :toppoints:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
outside your mind.
I've never been so insulted! I'd appreciate it if you didn't make things up about me. I don't want anything to do with you, or anyone like you. You ma'am are on my ig list!

My impression of your impression of me?

In general, if a person shows no facility for something, they should evaluate whether
its worth pursuing.

The superficial bit, tho, is most convincing. "Write about what you know about" is another bit of general advice.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Audie, addressing Rick: Are you really such a superficial person, or do you just play one on internet?
Oh, Rick is REAL alright - he has a REAL sense of humor (demented though it may be :shock: ). And if someone doesn't have one, perhaps they can at least go RENT one. Honestly, Audie, you are offended by just about everything and everybody. You constantly accuse quite a few people here of making up stuff about you, but you refuse to detail what exactly those things are. And whenever your beliefs clearly fit you into a certain inescapable category, you refuse to own it - as if ONLY you can't be pinned down between certain parameters. And this is not when someone attempts to place you in such a category, but when your own beliefs mandate it. Your response it to just get angry. Now you've made a silly enemies list. And when you are quoted verbatim with your own belittling sarcasm, you refuse to acknowledge it - no wonder FL thought that was a hoot!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
outside your mind.

My impression of your impression of me?

In general, if a person shows no facility for something, they should evaluate whether
its worth pursuing.

The superficial bit, tho, is most convincing. "Write about what you know about" is another bit of general advice.
If we all wrote about what we know about, we wouldn't learn a whole lot, would we? Unlike some people here, I like to "step out of" my comfort zone, and learn new things. You should try it some time. :D

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Philip wrote:
Audie: Are you really such a superficial person, or do you just play one on internet?
Oh, Rick is REAL alright - he has a REAL sense of humor (demented though it may be :shock: ). And if someone doesn't have one, perhaps they can at least go RENT one. Honestly, Audie, you are offended by just about everything and everybody. You constantly accuse quite a few people here of making up stuff about you, but you refuse to detail what exactly those things are. And whenever your beliefs clearly fit you into a certain inescapable category, you refuse to own it - as if ONLY you can't be pinned down between certain parameters. And this is not when someone attempts to place you in such a category, but when your own beliefs mandate it. Your response it to just get angry. Now you've made a silly enemies list. And when you are quoted verbatim with your own belittling sarcasm, you refuse to acknowledge it - no wonder FL thought that was a hoot!

Get off your flippin' high horse. Pongo can take care of himself.
we are just having some fun bantering.

If the humour is too dry for you, try getting with the program instead of getting
so huffy.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

So Pongo! You think this den of gappists and people flying outta their bodies is my comfort zone?

You humour is drier than mummy dust!

So writin' whatcha dont know about is called learning? Who knew?
I stand corrected. I wont call it making things up any more!
"Learning" it is.
Last edited by Audie on Sun May 03, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip,

You're definitely not getting off Audie's ig list any time soon. y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Audie wrote:So Pongo! You think this den of gappists and people flying outta their bodies is my comfort zone?

Why do you write English with Brit spelling? Don't you know that you now live in the world's premier English-speaking country? You colonized peoples are so backwards!

FL :shakehead:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:Philip,

You're definitely not getting off Audie's ig list any time soon. y#-o
Them modulators is hard to ig. Besides Im starting to find some humour in that one.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:So Pongo! You think this den of gappists and people flying outta their bodies is my comfort zone?

So writin' whatcha dont know about is called learning? Who knew?
I stand corrected. I wont call it making things up any more!
"Learning" it is.
I have to admit Audie, I'm very proud of you for even talking about NDEs. You are starting to turn into an open minded young woman! You Go Girl!!! :thanks:

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Sheesh I really need to study.

I quit for now, with Pongo a leg up, I think thats a fire hydrant there..
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote: I have to admit Audie, I'm very proud of you for even talking about NDEs. You are starting to turn into an open minded young woman! You Go Girl!!! :thanks:
Audie, an open minded young woman??? Have you been dipping into the Cigar Bourbon?

FL :esurprised:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

OK, Min, if I misread your response to Rick as ill-humored, I'm sorry. It just seems like you are so touchy. Maybe you are studying too hard? Too much coffee?

But, make NO mistake about it - RICK needs to be on that list! He deserves it, far more than I do. I forget, who all is part of the Gang of Four? Jac, FL, Me, Kurieo?