Resurrection of jesus christ

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Resurrection of jesus christ

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kenny
What would make you think an image like the image on the shroud could be produced by one of the thousands of others?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Hope67: Sweetie He WAS recorded....read your bible. In the last days, in revelation, God says many people will ask," Well...where is YOUR God? How come he's not here?" And MANY people will be driven by this spirit and fall into the same line of thinking...WE believers KNOW our Shepards voice and feel His comforting presence. Jesus said very plainly, "an evil generation asks for a sign..." But He only gave people with that type of thinking a very simple answer...." The sign of Jonah". That is: the man was swallowed up for three days and then miraculously back out again. it was Christ's way of explaining His death, burial, and resurrection . If that answer does not confound you enough to get you to your bible and keep in prayer , then He will keep calling you to seek Him until you do....or you don't. God brings the high ones down..he confounds the intellects...he giggles at the talking heads and think tanks on this planet. Get to know and hang out with people who walk with God...none of us are perfect...but there is a joy in our spirit and a light in our eyes that comes from the inside....it is the fruit from growing on His vine. No one can scream a question like "Proove to me you have a soul"....I need proof...ON PAPER!!" ......read your bible.
Hope67, WELCOME to the forum! How about introducing and telling us a bit about yourself, here: http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... e+yourself
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Kenny
What would make you think an image like the image on the shroud could be produced by one of the thousands of others?
I don’t believe the Shroud is a miracle or anything outside the laws of nature; if it were they would be looking in that direction to explain how it was done.
The Italian scientist who claims to have duplicated the Shroud; even though he used ovens and washing techniques to accomplish the effect, he said it could have been accomplished by materials and techniques used in the middle ages, and time.

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Hope67 wrote:Sweetie He WAS recorded....read your bible. In the last days, in revelation, God says many people will ask," Well...where is YOUR God? How come he's not here?" And MANY people will be driven by this spirit and fall into the same line of thinking...WE believers KNOW our Shepards voice and feel His comforting presence. Jesus said very plainly, "an evil generation asks for a sign..." But He only gave people with that type of thinking a very simple answer...." The sign of Jonah". That is: the man was swallowed up for three days and then miraculously back out again. it was Christ's way of explaining His death, burial, and resurrection . If that answer does not confound you enough to get you to your bible and keep in prayer , then He will keep calling you to seek Him until you do....or you don't. God brings the high ones down..he confounds the intellects...he giggles at the talking heads and think tanks on this planet. Get to know and hang out with people who walk with God...none of us are perfect...but there is a joy in our spirit and a light in our eyes that comes from the inside....it is the fruit from growing on His vine. No one can scream a question like "Proove to me you have a soul"....I need proof...ON PAPER!!" ......read your bible.
Well! I guess that settles it huh??? (LOL)

Ken
PS Welcome to the forum my friend!
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

I don’t believe the Shroud is a miracle or anything outside the laws of nature; if it were they would be looking in that direction to explain how it was done rather than looking to determine its age.
The Italian scientist who claims to have duplicated the Shroud; even though he used ovens and washing techniques to accomplish the effect, he said it could have been accomplished by materials and techniques used in the middle ages, and time.

Ken
Last edited by Kenny on Sun May 10, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD wrote
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:
I don’t believe the Shroud is a miracle or anything outside the laws of nature; if it were they would be looking in that direction to explain how it was done rather than looking to determine its age.

Ken
All you'd have to do is look at what the Italians produced to know they are lying,it is not like the image on the shroud.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

?
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
All you'd have to do is look at what the Italians produced to know they are lying,it is not like the image on the shroud.
He used artificial aging techniques. He said the Shroud took hundreds of years to accomplish.

Ken
RickD wrote
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
He used artificial aging techniques. He said the Shroud took hundreds of years to accomplish.

Ken
You have not seriously compared it to the image on the shroud to see it is not like the image on the shroud.You want to accept it while not checking into it.You cling to something that is nothing like the image on the shroud,but still accept it all you have is a will to accept it regardless if it is like the image on the shroud.

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote: You have not seriously compared it to the image on the shroud to see it is not like the image on the shroud.You want to accept it while not checking into it.You cling to something that is nothing like the image on the shroud,but still accept it all you have is a will to accept it regardless if it is like the image on the shroud.
Do you have a picture? The site I posted didn't provide one.

Ken
RickD wrote
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Kenny, is there a reason why you simply don't read the shroud thread?
ALL you concerns are answered there.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Not to defend Kenny, but the about 100 pages may have something to do with putting people off.
Still it does contain much information and one shouldn't argue from ignorance.

It would be good to start a new shroud thread perhaps with the best of the best material, or all still existing good online resources categorised, in the opening post?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

Kurieuo wrote:Not to defend Kenny, but the about 100 pages may have something to do with putting people off.
Still it does contain much information and one shouldn't argue from ignorance.

It would be good to start a new shroud thread perhaps with the best of the best material, or all still existing good online resources categorised, in the opening post?
Kuriuo is right. It is nearly a hundred pages; I asked if there were a particular area I should look and I was advised to look at pages 60-70 which I did scan over. I then asked a few questions I didn't see answered in the 10 pages or so I scanned over.

Ken
RickD wrote
supersonicthehedgehog
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by supersonicthehedgehog »

Kenny wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Why is there a credibility issue?
They say Rome kept detailed records of events of their day. Today Rome is one of the most Christian spots on Earth yet they have no record of such an event today. If Muslims claimed many saw Mohammad ascend to heaven, do you think many Christians would believe it? Or do you suppose there would be credibility issues.
Storyteller wrote: Do you believe it?
If I did, I would still be Christian.
Storyteller wrote: It took me a long time to get my head around the resurrection. Sometimes it still feels to miraculous, too good to be true but why wouldn`t it be? Why would people risk their lives to spread the Word, to produce Bibles so we could know the truth if it was all a lie?

Now I know people believe all sorts of things, and can be wrong, and die for false beliefs, so what sets Christianity apart? The resurrection. It all hinges on that. No resurrection, no faith. No resurrection, no hope. Which is why I am so enthralled by the shroud.

If scientists prove, without doubt, that it is indeed the shroud of Christ, would that encourage you to believe?
If there were ever an expert on the Shroud, I think that would be the Catholic Church. Yet the Pope refuses to pronounce it as authentic; instead choosing to refer to it as “an icon that inspires genuine faith regardless of its historical origins
To me that speaks volumes.

Ken
The Romans didn't keep records of persons they crucified :egeek:
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote: You have not seriously compared it to the image on the shroud to see it is not like the image on the shroud.You want to accept it while not checking into it.You cling to something that is nothing like the image on the shroud,but still accept it all you have is a will to accept it regardless if it is like the image on the shroud.
Do you have a picture? The site I posted didn't provide one.

Ken
Kenny , I have already debunked this on the shroud thread but just in case you just seemed to skip through the many times the Luigi image has been debunked , I can debunk it in 30 seconds .

Sturp has indisputably proved that the blood on the image came before the image itself .
Luigi put the image before the blood. This automatically disqualifies it. Also when the Luigi duplicate was put through the vp 8 image analyzer there was no true 3d effect , unlike the shroud which has a true 3 effect which tells us that there is 3d info encoded into the image as height and distance information .

Kenny this was proven on the shroud thread quite a few times. You really would have to want to miss it in order to not see it.

Even atheist anti shroudies no longer use the Luigi image anymore in their case against the shroud .

No one has been A&E to get closer to duplicate the shroud image unless they were using light or some type of radiation such as the gamma radiation image produced by doctor August Accetta or the electromagnetic image recently produced by professor Giulio Fanti in late 2014.

Kenny if the Luigi image is all you got then you firing with blanks my friend