Current Events In Earth's History - Is It Leading To An End?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Current Events In Earth's History - Is It Leading To An End?

Post by Believer »

So, I assume you all have been keeping up to date with all the disasters happening around the world, namely America. We all know what has happened since 9/11/01, and now we are faced with even more questions - why did a stronger hurricane (Hurricane Rita, Category 5), follow Hurricane Katrina, when scientists say that this is unusual weather behavior? I mean, two of the nations strongest, destructive, and costly hurricanes within one month ever since weather data started getting collected ~250 years ago. A strong hurricane like Katrina should have been it for a while, but this wasn't the case. Some people say coincidence, others say earth has exhibited patterns throughout unrecorded history and this is nothing new. Personally, I think God is sending a warning to people. You notice the hurricanes are spreading to different states, like pushing. It hits New Orleans and people flock to Texas for shelter, now hurricane Rita is headed for Texas, to me, this is like a nation "sweep". Expert scientists say that this will continue to happen for 10-20 years, but why one or two decades and then just stop? How do they know for sure? Do you believe we are starting to witness history coming to a close via a divine God? For centuries, people have always believed the world was going to end in their lifetime, but how many more "the-boy-that-cried-wolf" is going to happen? Are we witnessing something that is going to start confusing even the best of scientists? What is your take?
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Judgement

Post by Jbuza »

The fill-in minister at my church last sunday suggested that perhaps this is so. New orleans is the home of Mardis Gras and it isn't the purest place on earth. Of course, evolutionism doesn't really make place for morality or immorality so it must be explained away by natural phenom. I beleive that God does bring storms into our lives to draw us back to him, be it hurricanes or other trials. From a scientific standpoint it is the result of increased activity in the sun, in fact it is now known that CO2 ice caps on Mars are melting from Global warming there also. But yeah I think the Tsunami, two massive hurricanes, and wars in the middle east point toward end times
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Judgement

Post by Believer »

Jbuza wrote:Global warming
I don't believe in it, God controls atmospheric levels to maintain human life.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Global Warming

Post by Jbuza »

By Him all things exist.

A science that rejects God rejects true science. I don't beleive in the popular notion of Global Warming either, but I do believe that the Globe is being warmed, evidence came out today from the scientific community that CO2 Ice caps on the poles of Mars are melting, Hurricanes are increasing, and evidence exists that the output from the sun is greater than it has ever been recorded before. Do I believe these are random events no, and I agree they are caused by the will of God and to his purpose
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Re: Global Warming

Post by Believer »

Jbuza wrote:By Him all things exist.

A science that rejects God rejects true science. I don't beleive in the popular notion of Global Warming either, but I do believe that the Globe is being warmed, evidence came out today from the scientific community that CO2 Ice caps on the poles of Mars are melting, Hurricanes are increasing, and evidence exists that the output from the sun is greater than it has ever been recorded before. Do I believe these are random events no, and I agree they are caused by the will of God and to his purpose
Agreed :). All is done in His will for a PURPOSE beyond our ant-sized brains.
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

I believe there are numerous sign that point tothe approaching end-times. Daniel 12:4 has been fulfilled and the nation of Israel has been restored. We see and hear wars and rumors of wars as told in Matthew 24

These thing are merely the 'birth pangs' of the End of the Age.

The Second Coming could happen tommorrow, or it could happen inanother 100 years. Yet everything that the Bible says will fulfilled before the end-times begins has come to pass.