Percentage of U.S. Evangelicals Stable

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Percentage of U.S. Evangelicals Stable

Post by Philip »

[url]Interesting: http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleani ... study.html[/url]

Despite what one might otherwise believe in reading media reports on faith in America.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Percentage of U.S. Evangelicals Stable

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I heard a guest on Focus On The Family - a U.S. Christian radio show - claim that the actual number of born-again evangelicals in the USA is closer to 7%. The guest wrote a book, The Coming Evangelical Crisis. I haven't read the book but I remember thinking that if your country has 7% real beleivers, then you are pretty well off, spiritually.

Even 7% sounds high to me...

FL y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Percentage of U.S. Evangelicals Stable

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I made a mistake when I said that the author of The Coming Evangelical Crisis was on Dobson's show. The author of that book was actually interviewed on another evangelical radio show, Haven Today.

FL y/:]
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +