Re: Poland! Hi!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I removed the first post by Dorothy so that the user does not reach the limit of three posts - admin
Dorothy89 wrote:I am Dorota. I live in small city in Poland. I'm a Christian. I like reading books, sport and art. :)
Hi Dorota! Welcome to the forum! And Das vi danya! Oh wait, that's Russian. :oops: Cześć i witaj! :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Dorothy89 wrote:I am Dorota. I live in small city in Poland. I'm a Christian. I like reading books, sport and art. :)
Hi Dorota, welcome to the forum y>:D<
Books are my passion. I have a second hand bookshop in fact :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Do people in Poland eat polish sausage or is that just American make-believe? And what about polski ogorki? And why is your flag identical to Monaco's flag?

While awaiting your answers, I remain,

Thankful for your presence,

FL :wave:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Grzyby15
Newbie Member

Post by Grzyby15 »

Hi, I'm from Poland, my name's Michał. Haha, yes, we eat sausages, but we also eat vegetables, french fries, chocolate and any other food:)

Polish ogórki are very good and very well prepared:)

Flag of Monaco is red on the top and white at bottom. Polish flag is the opposite:)

Greetings:)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Grzyby15 wrote:Hi, I'm from Poland, my name's Michał. Haha, yes, we eat sausages, but we also eat vegetables, french fries, chocolate and any other food:)
Thank you for your answers! Polish chocolate is sold here and I buy some now and then. I have a few more questions:

1. Are Russian cars still sold in Poland?
2. Do Poles make sauerkraut like the Germans and Alsatians? (Is sauerkraut a Polish dish?)
3. Is coal production and usage still important to Poland's economy?
4. Is Poland's tourism industry growing or stagnant?
5. Why did Poland decide to use Monaco's flag upside down?
6. Do Chinese people in Poland eat cat?

Thank you!

FL y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Why recently Polishs came to this forum, reached the number of three posts and then went mute?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Grzyby15 wrote:Hi, I'm from Poland, my name's Michał. Haha, yes, we eat sausages, but we also eat vegetables, french fries, chocolate and any other food:)

Polish ogórki are very good and very well prepared:)

Flag of Monaco is red on the top and white at bottom. Polish flag is the opposite:)

Greetings:)

Hi, and welcome to the forum :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:Why recently Polishs came to this forum, reached the number of three posts and then went mute?
Your country is right next door to Poland. Have you ever travelled there?

+ + +

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
1over137 wrote:Why recently Polishs came to this forum, reached the number of three posts and then went mute?
Your country is right next door to Poland. Have you ever travelled there?

Not really. I do not count crossing the border to do the cheap shopping there when I was a kid.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

You have travelled a lot, judging from your home page. Which country made the strongest impression on you?

FL :D

+ + +

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:You have travelled a lot, judging from your home page. Which country made the strongest impression on you?

FL :D
Hmmm, hard to tell. I liked nice cashiers in supermarkets in the US (did not like guns there), I liked the nature in Washington State, in Switzerland, Geneva is very beutiful, so is Vienna.

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Yes...Americans are very friendly...but I don't understand why they keep shooting at each other...at least they are nice towards foreigners.

FL y=:)

+ + +

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

FL: 2. Do Poles make sauerkraut like the Germans and Alsatians? (Is sauerkraut a Polish dish?)
I can answer that one. My wife's family is from Poland. I hadn't been married long when I was in their basement, in CT, and was shocked to come across what I thought was a barrel of rotting cabbage :esurprised: :shock: :lol: - believe me, you do NOT want to see how sauerkraut is fermented and made. Because, if you did, you wouldn't even think about eating it!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:
FL: 2. Do Poles make sauerkraut like the Germans and Alsatians? (Is sauerkraut a Polish dish?)
I can answer that one. My wife's family is from Poland. I hadn't been married long when I was in their basement, in CT, and was shocked to come across what I thought was a barrel of rotting cabbage :esurprised: :shock: :lol: - believe me, you do NOT want to see how sauerkraut is fermented and made. Because, if you did, you wouldn't even think about eating it!
At last! an answer! Does your wife's family serve sauerkraut as a dish like the Alsatians & Germans? Sauerkraut - the meal - is served with potatos, sausages & pork chops. The Alsatians accompany it with an Alsatian wine, the Germans with beer.

FL :cheers:

+ + +

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

FL:
At last! an answer!

Does your wife's family serve sauerkraut as a dish like the Alsatians & Germans? Sauerkraut - the meal - is served with potatos, sausages & pork chops. The Alsatians accompany it with an Alsatian wine, the Germans with beer.

FL :cheers:
They utilize it both in dishes and as a side with kielbasa, or in things like pierogis and Golabkis. With pickled herring in a traditional Polish New Year's Eve dish. They also eat a lot of baked breads. If you don't have a huge amount of gas after a big Polish meal, well, 1) it probably wasn't authentic and 2) it probably wasn't any good. :lol: It sure isn't food for staying thin!