Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

supersonicthehedgehog wrote:Hi,
Guess I'm the newest one here. You can call me McGlashan. I am from Jamaica.
Feelin' irie, Mon? No need fer de big reefer wit' Jeesus, mon!

McGlashan is too long...SSHH suits you fine.

FL :ebiggrin:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
supersonicthehedgehog wrote:Hi,
Guess I'm the newest one here. You can call me McGlashan. I am from Jamaica.
Feelin' irie, Mon? No need fer de big reefer wit' Jeesus, mon!

McGlashan is too long...SSHH suits you fine.

FL :ebiggrin:
So does Sonic y[-(
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Disciplical
Familiar Member
Sex: Male

Post by Disciplical »

Hello everybody. I am new here.

I am a new convert to Christianity and I have yet to be baptised or go to a serious church session. My story of converting is quite a long story but to cut a long story short, I will just say that when I couldn't seem to sink much lower, God helped to pull me back up. I have browsed this site and its forums a great deal, along with other apologetical sites such as reasons.org and biologos.org and I am reading a lot of apologetical literature from the likes of John Lennox. I have a Bible and a daily reading plan that I am steadily working through. I find Christian theology fascinating and reading apologetics is a very stimulating activity. I genuinely do think there is a growing anti-Christian agenda in the world and people are becoming more and more frightened to speak out about what they believe.

I am also a scientist like the author of this site. I have a degree in science and it was my studies into life that persuaded (I don't want to say convinced) me that there is more to life than is immediately apparent. The complexity of life is absolutely mind-boggling and I really do struggle to believe that "it just happened" like atheists insist on believing. Life itself is a strong argument for the existence of a God, in my opinion.

But that will do for now. I look forward to reading more on these forums and talking to you people. God bless you all.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

God bless you too.

Welcome!
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Disciplical wrote:Hello everybody. I am new here.

I am a new convert to Christianity and I have yet to be baptised or go to a serious church session. My story of converting is quite a long story but to cut a long story short, I will just say that when I couldn't seem to sink much lower, God helped to pull me back up. I have browsed this site and its forums a great deal, along with other apologetical sites such as reasons.org and biologos.org and I am reading a lot of apologetical literature from the likes of John Lennox. I have a Bible and a daily reading plan that I am steadily working through. I find Christian theology fascinating and reading apologetics is a very stimulating activity. I genuinely do think there is a growing anti-Christian agenda in the world and people are becoming more and more frightened to speak out about what they believe.

I am also a scientist like the author of this site. I have a degree in science and it was my studies into life that persuaded (I don't want to say convinced) me that there is more to life than is immediately apparent. The complexity of life is absolutely mind-boggling and I really do struggle to believe that "it just happened" like atheists insist on believing. Life itself is a strong argument for the existence of a God, in my opinion.

But that will do for now. I look forward to reading more on these forums and talking to you people. God bless you all.
I love you already!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome! Hope you stay around and post.

It is always good to have someone educated in science, to participate on the boards like this. :)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Awesome! Welcome to the forum!

Mister Christian. For you
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=QDlo3GcFGHw
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
soweczka
Newbie Member

Post by soweczka »

Hi everyone,
Grettings from Poland so at first sorry for my English ;) I'm new here. Honestly i came here without any special reason, just one more forum on the web. This year i started to study biotechnology, but religion always interested me too. So here I am. I hope to learn a lot from this forum.
Denise
Newbie Member

Post by Denise »

My name is Denise, I was born and raised in Rochester,N.Y. I was saved 16 years ago I am Messianic ,I study Biblical Hebrew through Jerusalem University, I am on a worship team once a month, we don't want to get burned out-I love studying and researching I am also on an online Yeshiva. P.S. the Lord hunted me down.

todah and shalom
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

welcome to the forum :wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome Denise! :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Welcome, Denise! I know a few from Rochester. My wife is from New England but worked in Buffalo for quite a while. Can't tell you how many times in winter I've been flying north, waiting on a connecting flight and hear the intercom announce, "If you're flying to Rochester, please approach the counter because all flights there have be cancelled do to massive snow" (followed by a collective loud groan) :lol: .

Again, welcome!
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Welcome to the forum Denise :)

Happy posting!
Denise
Newbie Member

Post by Denise »

thank you for your welcomes, I appreciate it.
todah
TheLogos
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by TheLogos »

Hello everyone!

I am a born again, non-denominal, YEC, Christian from the UK. I love to discuss science and religion and also to preach the good news so that's why I am here. I was brought up by 2 unitarians who both had limited faith/beliefs. I came to Christ and was born again at the age of 21 and was a deist for nearly all my life before that. I mainly use presuppositional apologetics when debating "atheists" and evidential ones when talking with other (heretical) "Christians" and people of different faiths. I hope for some good, friendly discussion on this forum and for some souls to be saved.

God bless!!!!!