Studies that say NDEs are not real.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Studies that say NDEs are not real.

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:
As I only skimmed over it, and do not care to read in detail so as to go back and put all of them in bold, i will ask you, perhaps more pertinently, if you actually think that my lack of belief in any of the countless gods and religions that people have cooked up makes for an automatic default into all of the things he found fit to say?

Are you a member of the same cult? if so, lets not pursue this further.
You didn't answer my question Audie.
It was simply this:
Do you not believe that after death there is nothing?
The way you guys use the word "nothing' makes me feel that you are setting a snare.

I do not believe in life after death.

Now you say if you subscribe to the same cult-beliefs expressed by BW, about me and others who are not cult members.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
As I only skimmed over it, and do not care to read in detail so as to go back and put all of them in bold, i will ask you, perhaps more pertinently, if you actually think that my lack of belief in any of the countless gods and religions that people have cooked up makes for an automatic default into all of the things he found fit to say?

It was simply this:
The way you guys use the word "nothing' makes me feel that you are setting a snare.

Now you say if you subscribe to the same cult-beliefs expressed by BW, about me and others who are not cult members.
What do you believe happens after you die?
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Now you say if you subscribe to the same cult-beliefs expressed by BW, about me and others who are not cult members
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:Now you say if you subscribe to the same cult-beliefs expressed by BW, about me and others who are not cult members
What notions are those? that is what I am trying to figure out and need you to answer for me.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote:Now you say if you subscribe to the same cult-beliefs expressed by BW, about me and others who are not cult members
What notions are those? that is what I am trying to figure out and need you to answer for me.

Im sure you read the post, Or you can now, there is quite the list of assertions about me. Im not going to look at it again, or anything else BW writes if I can help it.

If you dont care to either, I cant blame you.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

It was simply this:

This is the key question and why Nde's are so hotly researched . Nde's deal with this question generally but not specifically . As gary habermas says , to get to the specifics you need to go outside of Nde's. The historicity of the resurrection is an area habermas deals with in a very strong yet reasonable way .

Habermas came at it originally from a skeptics side which makes his argument even more persuasive to open minded skeptics .
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Im sure you read the post, Or you can now, there is quite the list of assertions about me. Im not going to look at it again, or anything else BW writes if I can help it.

It's a simple question Audie:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Nothing, as in before birth.

Now, answer my q.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Audie wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

Nothing, as in before birth.

Now, answer my q.

You do realize that this is what BW was saying, why he said that you advocate nothingness, as in NOTHING happens after you die.

Your question to me was this:
If I subscribe to what BW stated about you.

I ask you this? which part of what BW said?
This part?
Next, Audie, you and fellow atheist are defending a state of nothingness. I have a right to point this out for I once was an atheist like yourself and defended Nothingness when you die with the same venom you use here.
If yes then BW is right and you said so yourself, you believe that nothing happens after you die, you defend that POV that there is nothing after you die.
You are defending a state of nothingness after death and you admit that yourself.
That is a fact by your own hand.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

You guys seemingly are so deep into your cult you cant see over the rim.

"Advocating and defending a state of Nothingness" is bs talk.

The only way I can imagine you even come up with such things is from a perspective that the existence of the god you have concocted is the central unifying theme of all reality and that like the 24 hour day, all is divided between do, and dont believe in it.

Imagine that I dont care about, pay no attention to football. (I dont, so that should be easy)
To some, as you no doubt are aware, that is virtual blasphemy, incomprehensible.

Rallying a bit after the schock, they may ask "Well, what sport do you play / follow""

"NONE! thats imposible, everyone likes SOME sport. Even if it is the sport (religion) of afootballism!"

Ask me what happens on the field, after the game (a person's life) is done and the seats are empty.
"Nothing".

"WHAT!!" You are advocating for SPORT--NOTHINGNESS!!??"

When the last basket has been thrown and the lights are out, the game is over.
When you run over a raccoon on the road, its over for it. Nothinig follows, for the raccoon. Where is the mystery or "advocay of nothingness" in that?

If for what ever emotional reasons you guys feel you simply have to believe Rocky Raccon and / or you live on, else life today has no meaning or value, go for it.

Dont try to make it into a deficiency or an ism or an advocacy on may part tho.
Its your deal. Your game. Your construct of reality. It and your labels have nothing to do with me.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:You guys seemingly are so deep into your cult you cant see over the rim.

"Advocating and defending a state of Nothingness" is bs talk.

The only way I can imagine you even come up with such things is from a perspective that the existence of the god you have concocted is the central unifying theme of all reality and that like the 24 hour day, all is divided between do, and dont believe in it.

Imagine that I dont care about, pay no attention to football. (I dont, so that should be easy)
To some, as you no doubt are aware, that is virtual blasphemy, incomprehensible.

Rallying a bit after the schock, they may ask "Well, what sport do you play / follow""

"NONE! thats imposible, everyone likes SOME sport. Even if it is the sport (religion) of afootballism!"

Ask me what happens on the field, after the game (a person's life) is done and the seats are empty.
"Nothing".

"WHAT!!" You are advocating for SPORT--NOTHINGNESS!!??"

When the last basket has been thrown and the lights are out, the game is over.
When you run over a raccoon on the road, its over for it. Nothinig follows, for the raccoon. Where is the mystery or "advocay of nothingness" in that?

If for what ever emotional reasons you guys feel you simply have to believe Rocky Raccon and / or you live on, else life today has no meaning or value, go for it.

Dont try to make it into a deficiency or an ism or an advocacy on may part tho.
Its your deal. Your game. Your construct of reality. It and your labels have nothing to do with me.
First off, nice rant BUT you addressed nothing and maybe no valid point.
Second, base don this statement here:
Its your deal. Your game. Your construct of reality. It and your labels have nothing to do with me,

What are you doing here then?

You most assuredly can not change our minds ( this is clear since you don't even fully understand our arguments, much less are able to address them).
You make it clear you will not change your mind.

So, why are you here?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Looks like B. W. hit the nail on the head.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Parf of why Audie is here is 1 Thes 5:21 as she said insome thread.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Disciplical
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Disciplical »

Strange. She is opposed to Christianity yet takes advice and morals from the Bible. Like the vast majority of people do. Hmm... y:-/
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

1over137 wrote:Parf of why Audie is here is 1 Thes 5:21 as she said insome thread.
We all test what we are taught, what we are exposed to, that is one of the reason we are here.
That is an admirable reason to be here, IF a person is open to hearing and understanding the other side.
Not agreeing mind you, not everyone agrees with certain views BUT if you are truly open to testing then you must be open to understanding.
That said, if a person has made up their mind that Christianity is not the way, what exactly are they testing ??