Why do you believe in god?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Why do you believe in god?

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
NobodySpecial wrote:If I didn't believe in God then I would also believe that life has no meaning. I'd believe that no matter what I did in my life, given enough time it would be forgotten. Taken on a grander scale - this planet has finite resources and people continue to reproduce essentially unchecked - so to believe that existence occurred by happenstance would (or did) lead me down the philosophy path of realizing the futility of existence. Those were dark days until I decided to go on a search for truth. I'll spare you all the details but essentially my search convinced me that this world is currently being ruled by Satan (the god of this age). That revelation caused me to make the deduction that if Satan really existed then God must also existed. After that I started reading my Bible - met Jesus, He changed my life and confirmed His existence over and over again through answered prayers - and now I'm here.
It amazes me, all the different ways that God uses to draw us to Him.

Welcome to the board NobodySpecial. :D
It is interesting you saw the puppet master before the Master.
You must have some spiritual perception to see such before seeing Christ.
He is so clear and at work in the world once you see the strings.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome,

and details may be said here http://discussions.godandscience.org/viewforum.php?f=32 :mrgreen:

:wave:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

NobodySpecial wrote:If I didn't believe in God then I would also believe that life has no meaning. I'd believe that no matter what I did in my life, given enough time it would be forgotten. Taken on a grander scale - this planet has finite resources and people continue to reproduce essentially unchecked - so to believe that existence occurred by happenstance would (or did) lead me down the philosophy path of realizing the futility of existence. Those were dark days until I decided to go on a search for truth. I'll spare you all the details but essentially my search convinced me that this world is currently being ruled by Satan (the god of this age). That revelation caused me to make the deduction that if Satan really existed then God must also existed. After that I started reading my Bible - met Jesus, He changed my life and confirmed His existence over and over again through answered prayers - and now I'm here.
Welcome to the forum Special :)

I, for one, would absolutely love to hear your story.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran