Studies that say NDEs are not real.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kenny
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Studies that say NDEs are not real.

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:One thing I think needs to be pointed out is that a lot of atheists are being led to believe by blind faith infinite regression is possible,when it is impossible.But atheists are buying into the universe had no beginning and is eternal which is a blind faith belief in infinite regression and all because they cannot believe God is eternal,all- powerful who can create universes easy if he chooses to.

Sure you still hear " I don't know" sometimes but this is just covering up their blind faith belief in infinite regression.Atheists believe some things do not have a cause and that all things that are caused are not caused by something else even though we know by logic,reason and facts that ALL things have a cause and ALL things that have a cause are caused by something else.

There will never be any science that comes out proving or demonstrating infinite regression,yet atheists believe it.
If everything has a cause, what caused God?

Ken
RickD wrote
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".
NobodySpecial
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by NobodySpecial »

Kenny wrote: And what is this deal with nothingness? I cannot imagine a person noticing all that exist and claiming it is nothing. Has anybody told you they believe in nothing? Or is this just a label you like to attach to people
Nicki wrote:So what's your own belief about what happens after death and humanity's future, if not that?
I think to ask what happened to your life after you die is like asking where did the flame go after blowing out a candle.

K
If your analogy is how you really feel about life, then you're saying that after you die you belief you'll become nothing (consciousness ends).
Kenny wrote: I believe a person can believe in the existence of your God, he may even believe he is creator of all that exist! but if he doesn’t believe he is a God (he may believe he is a spirit, fairy, pixie, ogre etc) he is still atheist.
I suspect your views are different which may be why much of what you say doesn’t make sense to me.
Please explain how you define God.
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8

"For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out." - Ezekiel 34:11
NobodySpecial
Acquainted Member

Post by NobodySpecial »

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:One thing I think needs to be pointed out is that a lot of atheists are being led to believe by blind faith infinite regression is possible,when it is impossible.But atheists are buying into the universe had no beginning and is eternal which is a blind faith belief in infinite regression and all because they cannot believe God is eternal,all- powerful who can create universes easy if he chooses to.

Sure you still hear " I don't know" sometimes but this is just covering up their blind faith belief in infinite regression.Atheists believe some things do not have a cause and that all things that are caused are not caused by something else even though we know by logic,reason and facts that ALL things have a cause and ALL things that have a cause are caused by something else.

There will never be any science that comes out proving or demonstrating infinite regression,yet atheists believe it.

Ken
I think a better way to say this would be "everything that has come into being, has a beginning". And since I (and presumably all Christians) define God as eternal - He never "came into being" and thus there is no need to speculate on what caused God because God has always been.

I'll grant you that the belief of this aspect of God's nature is from the Bible, which I assume you don't recognize as a source of authority on the topic, but that doesn't negate Christian beliefs on the subject.
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? - Micah 6:8

"For thus says the Lord God: "Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out." - Ezekiel 34:11
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Kenny wrote:

Ken
We do not believe in created god's so it does not apply to us.We believe God is eternal because we believe our bible,you don't which is why you think he is a created God.You see God is eternal and all powerful and he can create universes easy if he so chooses to do so but you cannot step out of logic and reality and believe things that are not possible just because you reject who God is and what he can do,which is what you are doing.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

NobodySpecial wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
I think a better way to say this would be "everything that has come into being, has a beginning". And since I (and presumably all Christians) define God as eternal - He never "came into being" and thus there is no need to speculate on what caused God because God has always been.

I'll grant you that the belief of this aspect of God's nature is from the Bible, which I assume you don't recognize as a source of authority on the topic, but that doesn't negate Christian beliefs on the subject.
NS,
I'd say this not only comes from the bible, but it comes from logic too.
http://web.mnstate.edu/gracyk/courses/w ... alysis.htm
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

NobodySpecial wrote: If your analogy is how you really feel about life, then you're saying that after you die you belief you'll become nothing (consciousness ends).
But that's not the same as saying nothing exists.

NobodySpecial wrote:Please explain how you define God.
Creator of the Universe, non evolving, and always existing. Kinda the same way the God of the bible is described

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

NobodySpecial wrote: I think a better way to say this would be "everything that has come into being, has a beginning".
Now that makes sense. Perhaps he should have phrased it that way.

Ken
RickD wrote
Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
We do not believe in created god's so it does not apply to us.
Sounds like you've contradicted yourself.

Ken
RickD wrote
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Ken
We do not believe in created god's so it does not apply to us.
Sounds like you've contradicted yourself.

Ken
It is because you are ignoring who our God is,making up stuff that does not apply to him.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny wrote:
NobodySpecial wrote: I think a better way to say this would be "everything that has come into being, has a beginning".
Now that makes sense. Perhaps he should have phrased it that way.

Ken
I guess you could say it like that but it is weaker than all things have a cause and all things that have a cause are caused by something else.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny is denying who the God we believe in is and what he can do while still putting his faith in infinite regression that is impossible.It is way,way harder to believe and requires far,far more faith to believe in infinite regression instead of In the beginning God created the heavens and earth and every thing in our universe.

NobodySpecial
Acquainted Member

Post by NobodySpecial »

Kenny wrote: I believe a person can believe in the existence of your God, he may even believe he is creator of all that exist! but if he doesn’t believe he is a God (he may believe he is a spirit, fairy, pixie, ogre etc) he is still atheist.
Kenny wrote:
NobodySpecial wrote:Please explain how you define God.
Creator of the Universe, non evolving, and always existing. Kinda the same way the God of the bible is described
So your think that a person can be an atheist even if they believe in the existence of the God of the Bible and believe that He is creator of everything, but denies that He is a God but is perhaps a spirit, fairy, etc...and then when asked how you define God you say "Creator of the universe, non evolving always existing".

I'm confused.

The dictionary definition of an atheist is someone who lacks a belief in God, but you're saying that there are atheists out there who might believe that the God of the Bible exists but not recognize Him as God, even though your definition of God is the same as how the Bible defines God.

You don't see a contradiction there?

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Kenny why is it so hard to believe God is eternal and all-powerful and can cause and create universe easy compared to believing that all things do not have a cause and are not caused by something else in our universe and world.Can you name one thing in our world that did not have a cause and was not caused by something else? No because it is impossible,nothing happens without a cause and things that are caused have a cause.No matter if we talk about people,tornadoes,hurricanes,universes,particles,plants,trees,TV's,radio's,tables,chairs,everything around you,etc all have a cause and are caused by something else.

Kenny
Ultimate Member

Post by Kenny »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Kenny is denying who the God we believe in is and what he can do while still putting his faith in infinite regression that is impossible.It is way,way harder to believe and requires far,far more faith to believe in infinite regression instead of In the beginning God created the heavens and earth and every thing in our universe.
Have I or any other atheist on this forum claimed to believe in "infinite regression"? I know I haven't, and I think I've made it quite clear that I don't embrace that idea; yet you keep insisting that I do! Why do you do that? Do you just like building straw men?

Ken
RickD wrote
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

No atheist has ever been able to refute St Thomas Aquinas's philosophy after all of these years.Atheists still believe in infinite regression even today after all of these years even though it is impossible and has never been proven or demonstrated to be possible after all of these hundreds of years later.So don't feel bad Kenny just try to acknowledge this truth.
Kenny said:
Have I or any other atheist on this forum claimed to believe in "infinite regression"? I know I haven't, and I think I've made it quite clear that I don't embrace that idea; yet you keep insisting that I do! Why do you do that? Do you just like building straw men?

Ken
Kenny it is impossible not to if you deny God even if you don't know what infinite regression means.I'm not insulting you or accusing you of anything untrue. But to deny God you do have faith that infinite regression is possible you just probably don't know what infinite regression means but it means that you believe some things do not have a cause and that the things that are not caused are not caused by something else,which is impossible and is what you believe if you reject God.There is no way around it.