Finally Picked a creation stance.

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Finally Picked a creation stance.

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:I just finally read through all of this thread and it was a very interesting debate from different perspectives.I wish I could have been apart of this discussion.It was passionate yet still respectful.
ACB,

I'm glad you finally came to your senses, and dropped that silly Gap Theory! :mrgreen:
But it would actually destroy and defeat the theory of evolution.Don't ya know? Think about evolution losing finally! And we could actually reach scientific minded people for a much better theory and bible truth. y:O2
Darn it!!! Just when I thought you were coming around.....
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:
It is time to pull out the big guns church and stop playing patty-cake with evolution. Just this right here would do serious damage to evolution even if we did not get into any other evidence for the Gap theory,this alone in front of an audience - creationism vs evolution would make the evolutionist look silly. If life truly evolves like they believe they would be forced to demonstrate it does or lose support.
Hi Acb, just as a thought on what you wrote, could you demonstrate, in front of an audience, the act of creation?
But evolution is supposed to be scientific. In other words evolution should be able to be proven by observation or experimentation. Evolution should be able to be demonstrated.

As far as I know, creation Ex nihilo isn't a scientific theory.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Are you saying that creation is not an act? It doesn't matter if its scientific or not in theory, it is an act nonetheless and many Christians think Genesis is not incompatible with science. If creation is then a physical act which gave birth to the laws we know exist than anyone asking for empirical evidence, must also provide their own, lest they be having double stabstands.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:Are you saying that creation is not an act? It doesn't matter if its scientific or not in theory, it is an act nonetheless and many Christians think Genesis is not incompatible with science. If creation is then a physical act which gave birth to the laws we know exist than anyone asking for empirical evidence, must also provide their own, lest they be having double stabstands.
Neo,

You asked ACB if he could demonstrate the act of creation. You are asking him if he could demonstrate creation ex nihilo in front of an audience. It sounds like you're saying that if he can't recreate the miracle of creation ex nihilo, then God never did it.

If you're looking for evidence of creation, then that's different. That evidence is everywhere. I don't have to tell you that. But that's far from demonstrating a miraculous act of God in front of an audience.

And btw, what are double stabstands? :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

sorry that was typing on the phone. :D
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

neo-x wrote:
It is time to pull out the big guns church and stop playing patty-cake with evolution. Just this right here would do serious damage to evolution even if we did not get into any other evidence for the Gap theory,this alone in front of an audience - creationism vs evolution would make the evolutionist look silly. If life truly evolves like they believe they would be forced to demonstrate it does or lose support.
Hi Acb, just as a thought on what you wrote, could you demonstrate, in front of an audience, the act of creation?
I would not have to do that to defeat evolution.All I would have to do is provide evidence that shows a former world existed on this earth like the bible reveals and tells us then point out that not one scientist has ever demonstrated or showed us life evolves and point out the evidence used as evidence by scientists only demonstrates what plant and animal breeders were aware of thousands of years before Charles Darwin that life can adapt or that there is variation in reproduction,and explain this is not evidence life evolves,but is common knowledge yet they call this micro evolution.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

acb wrote:
All I would have to do is provide evidence that shows a former world existed on this earth like the bible reveals and tells us
I've seen this before from you and do not understand... what is the former world that existed before ours and where is it found in the bible ?
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
acb wrote:
All I would have to do is provide evidence that shows a former world existed on this earth like the bible reveals and tells us
I've seen this before from you and do not understand... what is the former world that existed before ours and where is it found in the bible ?
It is found in 2nd Peter 3:3-7,Jeremiah 4:23-28,Genesis 1:2 and Genesis 1:21-28,etc.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

acb wrote:
It is called the GAP Theory. It was in vogue primarily during the late 1800's and early 1900's dispensationalism. It is one of three main line of thoughts on creation which are:

Young Earth Creation (YEC)

Old Earth Creation (OEC)

GAP Theory

The Gap theory is a blend of OEC mixed with YEC which states there was a pre-Adamic world that was destroyed due to Satan's fall and then as in YEC, God made man around 6 to 7 thousand years ago to be he guardians and caretakers of this earth. The pre-Adamic world explains the OEC.

I am not going into the specifics of each of these or the evidences for GAP or no clear evidence for GAP as others are free to discuss this as they so chose.

Hope this clarifies this for you
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Thanks B.W. it truly does... y:-? I'm going to go do some reading and return...
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:
acb wrote:
It is called the GAP Theory. It was in vogue primarily during the late 1800's and early 1900's dispensationalism. It is one of three main line of thoughts on creation which are:

Young Earth Creation (YEC)

Old Earth Creation (OEC)

GAP Theory

The Gap theory is a blend of OEC mixed with YEC which states there was a pre-Adamic world that was destroyed due to Satan's fall and then as in YEC, God made man around 6 to 7 thousand years ago to be he guardians and caretakers of this earth. The pre-Adamic world explains the OEC.
I would like to add that all other creation interpretations teach that all things have gone on continually since Genesis 1:1 but I believe Peter makes it clear that this is not true,and this is where the GAP theory originated because if all things have not gone on continually since Genesis 1:1 then there was a gap of time between the former world and this world we now live in since Genesis 1:3-31.

Also the fossils shows us the kinds of life that lived in the former world that perished,plus we have these ancient mysterious cities and structures that exist all around this earth,some are on land and some are at the bottom of the sea.These are the cities Jeremiah told us about
I am not going into the specifics of each of these or the evidences for GAP or no clear evidence for GAP as others are free to discuss this as they so chose.

-
-
-

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Thanks B.W. it truly does... y:-? I'm going to go do some reading and return...
This is good,at least you don't just reject it out of hand without trying to understand it,because of a more popular creation interpretation. Don't just read what critics say.It is attacked by critics who do not even know about it and they attack it from he wrong approach like bringing up Hebrew.

1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Abel, I added new option under the crearion position in the user profile. You can now pick Gap Theory there.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Let me say,that I respect all creation interpretations but IMO the gap theory is true biblically first but is the only one that can defeat evolution if the church taught it, but they won't .

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

1over137 wrote:Abel, I added new option under the crearion position in the user profile. You can now pick Gap Theory there.
Thanks,I'll try to change it.