The Pope and the Antichrist

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The Pope and the Antichrist

Post by Philip »

Interesting article from today's Drudge Report: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/wat ... antichrist

Not that it's more than wild speculation, but fascinating that so many think it's possible, or even likely. Francis has made quite a few very disconcerting comments, in recent years.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: The Pope and the Antichrist

Post by PaulSacramento »

Social inequality and poverty are classical Christian issues, as much if not more than homosexuality and abortion.
That Francis is choosing to focus on them is NOT a bad thing.

Is he driving people away from Christ? ( not the RCC mind you but Christ)
If the answer is yes then He can be viewed as the anti-christ BUT then again, so is anyone else that drives people from Christ.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

The Anti-Christ will come in sheep's clothing deceiving many.
Sounds like the RCC in general don't yas think? ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

If the antichrist will come in sheep's clothing, all we have to do is see what the Pope's robe is made of. If the robe is not made of wool(sheep's clothing), then he's not the antichrist! Duh!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Nope.The pope will not be the anti-christ but a corrupt pope could be " The lamb with two horns" who is a fake Christian appearing to represent Christianity bringing in the mark of the beast system convincing to west and east to take the mark and worship the anti-christ as God,the real anti Christ should be Islamic.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nope.The pope will not be the anti-christ but a corrupt pope could be " The lamb with two horns" who is a fake Christian appearing to represent Christianity bringing in the mark of the beast system
And so, how do you KNOW, NOW, what any potential candidate may or may not be?

The great deceiver isn't going to walk around with a sign on his head that says "I am the Future Anti-Christ you've all read about." WHOMEVER this will be, and whenever he shows up, I'd expect a period of ingratiating himself with the masses through populist words and actions designed to help build his popularity and acceptance.

What does worry me is so many people, when responding to speculation that the antichrist might be a pope, are appalled and enraged and see this as simply being anti-Catholic bigotry. And certainly a portion of it is. But, that doesn't mean that A pope, some day, couldn't be the infamous one that will deceive the world. There is good reason to see why this would be a reasonable if horrific thing to speculate upon, as the Pope is one of the few people with a built-in, world-wide and growing audience, that believes he is in an office installed by God, that sifts his key teachings for truth or understandings on what God smiles or frowns upon, as if they were Scripture, who part of a well-organized institution that cuts through most geographic, political and cultural boundaries. Of course, not all Catholics pay much attention to the Pope. But ANY Pope should be watched carefully, particularly the more he gravitates toward politics and dialogue and cooperation with other (non-Christian) religions.

The above said, ANY organization that reaches masses worldwide, that is centrally controlled, can cut through borders, has some sort of powerbase around the world - any individual fronting such an organization should be on an "antichrist watch list." Of course, the powerbase and reach may well develop due to increasing crisis and events into which a person seen to have answers and results will suddenly vault to the top of influence and power.

To be continued... y:-?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:
Nope.The pope will not be the anti-christ but a corrupt pope could be " The lamb with two horns" who is a fake Christian appearing to represent Christianity bringing in the mark of the beast system
And so, how do you KNOW, NOW, what any potential candidate may or may not be?

The great deceiver isn't going to walk around with a sign on his head that says "I am the Future Anti-Christ you've all read about." WHOMEVER this will be, and whenever he shows up, I'd expect a period of ingratiating himself with the masses through populist words and actions designed to help build his popularity and acceptance.

What does worry me is so many people, when responding to speculation that the antichrist might be a pope, are appalled and enraged and see this as simply being anti-Catholic bigotry. And certainly a portion of it is. But, that doesn't mean that A pope, some day, couldn't be the infamous one that will deceive the world. There is good reason to see why this would be a reasonable if horrific thing to speculate upon, as the Pope is one of the few people with a built-in, world-wide and growing audience, that believes he is in an office installed by God, that sifts his key teachings for truth or understandings on what God smiles or frowns upon, as if they were Scripture, who part of a well-organized institution that cuts through most geographic, political and cultural boundaries. Of course, not all Catholics pay much attention to the Pope. But ANY Pope should be watched carefully, particularly the more he gravitates toward politics and dialogue and cooperation with other (non-Christian) religions.

The above said, ANY organization that reaches masses worldwide, that is centrally controlled, can cut through borders, has some sort of powerbase around the world - any individual fronting such an organization should be on an "antichrist watch list." Of course, the powerbase and reach may well develop due to increasing crisis and events into which a person seen to have answers and results will suddenly vault to the top of influence and power.

To be continued... y:-?

Despite the speculation of a corrupt pope being the lamb with two horns,it is not meant as an insult to Catholics even if it seems that way,ITT is just that whoever it is will be seen as a powerful representative of Christianity and a corrupt pope would make sense.I know you probably think it is speculation but lamb with two horns is symbolic of a corrupt christian.

Also there are very good biblical reasons to believe the anti-christ will come from Babylon,which would be Iraq today,however the Babylonian empire stretched in its time beyond just Iraq.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Y'all stop being silly. Everyone knows OBAMA is the antichrist. :roll: 8-}2
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Jac3510 wrote:Y'all stop being silly. Everyone knows OBAMA is the antichrist. :roll: 8-}2
LOL!

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Jac3510 wrote:Y'all stop being silly. Everyone knows OBAMA is the antichrist. :roll: 8-}2
Must be the codeine cough syrup getting to you Jac...

Get well soon
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Finally, the voice of reason ... :pound:

You know what my biggest problem with "the Pope's" the Antichrist.... "Some guy from Islam " is the Antichrist, one of em has two horns the doesn't, this one here.... that one there ... 2 Peter 2:1-3

This is all wasted time. Our time and our efforts are limited and every moment of time, every ounce of strength should be given to God. What's going to happen will happen whether you are aware of it or not. Be in the good graces of God, spend your time with Him and let Him worry about the world. We really should not be a part of the world any more than we absolutely have too. When there, spread the Light of the World.

I know this acb;
Despite the speculation of a corrupt pope being the lamb with two horns,it is not meant as an insult to Catholics
I really am more concerned about time well spent than sincere apologies. I wish you had 1/2 the desire and effort put forth as you do for the GAP theory and the Antichrist mystery, as you could have put in to prayer and conversation with God, you would have one foot in heaven already. :clap:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

:) :) :D ;) :D :lol: :lol: :) :o :o :| :? :? 8-}2 y=; y:-? y:-? :? :( :oops: :shock: :shock: y:O2 y:O2 y:O2 :esurprised: :esurprised: :esurprised:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
Finally, the voice of reason ... :pound:

You know what my biggest problem with "the Pope's" the Antichrist.... "Some guy from Islam " is the Antichrist, one of em has two horns the doesn't, this one here.... that one there ... 2 Peter 2:1-3

This is all wasted time. Our time and our efforts are limited and every moment of time, every ounce of strength should be given to God. What's going to happen will happen whether you are aware of it or not. Be in the good graces of God, spend your time with Him and let Him worry about the world. We really should not be a part of the world any more than we absolutely have too. When there, spread the Light of the World.

I know this acb;
Despite the speculation of a corrupt pope being the lamb with two horns,it is not meant as an insult to Catholics

I know bible prophecy does not interest you but it does me.It seems like anytime somebody brings up bible prophecy which is what this thread is about,but anytime it is brought up you make it known how disinterested you are about it.All I'm doing is bringing up bible prophecy.Bible prophecy is just not important to you,yet it is in in God's word about 30% of the bible is prophecy and certain Christians are interested in understanding it.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses and the bible is a vast book that covers many different things and we are all strong in some areas and weak in others,but I think studying God's word is important for a Christian.

Also the Gap theory seems to bother you butI've yet to see somebody refute it biblically even when they reject it,but if they can or could I would change my mind but I don't go on just denials

I really am more concerned about time well spent than sincere apologies. I wish you had 1/2 the desire and effort put forth as you do for the GAP theory and the Antichrist mystery, as you could have put in to prayer and conversation with God, you would have one foot in heaven already. :clap:

I don't know why you doubt my salvation and faith in God but I do not judge.

EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Also the Gap theory seems to bother you
It would be a real challenge for you to back this up. I have not any input on this topic to date. I was merely stating if you put as much effort in to being with God instead of figuring out how He did all this... y:-? GAP or any other creationist theory ... you'd be happier and spiritually better off.
anytime it is brought up you make it known how disinterested you are about it.
it's not disinterest, it's about personal allocation of time management usefulness.
IDK how you could think this from my last post. It's hard to believe that a compliment on your tenacity can turn in to a chastisement of faith... I never doubted your salvation, or intimated in any way your personal salvation. y#-o I only see more usefulness in furthering your relationship with God in place of worrying about the end times. :clap:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
Also the Gap theory seems to bother you
It would be a real challenge for you to back this up. I have not any input on this topic to date. I was merely stating if you put as much effort in to being with God instead of figuring out how He did all this... y:-? GAP or any other creationist theory ... you'd be happier and spiritually better off.
anytime it is brought up you make it known how disinterested you are about it.
it's not disinterest, it's about personal allocation of time management usefulness.
IDK how you could think this from my last post. It's hard to believe that a compliment on your tenacity can turn in to a chastisement of faith... I never doubted your salvation, or intimated in any way your personal salvation. y#-o I only see more usefulness in furthering your relationship with God in place of worrying about the end times. :clap:

I think you and others misunderstand me about the gap theory but when we are discussing the different creation interpretations I'm going to speak up about what I believe is true and I actually like them kinds of discussions on here,even if we disagree,since I'm a gap theorist I just present it as another perspective.And I do appreciate you trying to encourage me to further my relationship with God,because without him we can do nothing.

But just as it is important to make time with God it is also important to read and study God's word and I've always liked doing it,even as a kid before I got saved and there is so much more to discover but I don't understand why you think it is not that important to understand the truth of God's word even when it comes to prophecy and creation,it is important we strove yo get it right,it is not good to teach wrong prophecy or the wrong creation interpretation and this is why I stress " Let God be true and every man a liar" .

I'm not trying to cause division just trying to help make sure we are getting it right and I think as Christians we should want to do this but it seems some take it personal just because you present a different view,even if we can't agree it should not divide us,it is important to humble ourselves and learn the truth even if it goes against what we've been led to accept.

I don't get offended because people reject the GT because I,m so sure about it at this point but I'd change my mind if it was wrong biblically that I had overlooked.