Nuclear Iran?

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
kowalskil
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Framework

Nuclear Iran?

Post by kowalskil »

Nuclear Iran?

I agree with those who think the Iran agreement should be supported, first because nothing better seems to be available, second because I suspect that technological means of supervision (to avoid a global catastrophe), are available in the USA. Here is what I have just posted on that subject, at an Internet forum for physics teachers:

" ... How can one detect the strongly-enriched uranium, placed either inside or outside of a bomb? I am sure that nuclear physicists have been addressing this problem, in the context of inspecting vessels arriving to our ports, or crossing our borders.

One possible approach is to irradiate a suspected object with a source of slow neutrons (for example, a Cf-252 source surrounded by pure graphite or paraffin). The slow neutrons, in turn, would induce fission; fission fragments would be gamma radioactive and gamma rays would be detectable from outside the suspected material. ... " The idea is simple, but it presents some practical difficulties, as always. For example, how can one distinguish gamma rays emitted by fission products in the enriched uranium from the gamma rays emitted by fission products in the Cf-252 source? Will the method work despite the presence of the cosmic background?

Ludwik Kowalski, a retired nuclear physicist (see Wikipedia)

http: //csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html
Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia) is the author of a FREE ON-LINE autobiography, entitled “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.”

//csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA).
The more people know about proletarian dictatorship the less likely will we experience it.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Nuclear Iran?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I believe it is bad policy and is a set up by the government for eventual war.Israel will and must defend itself.It would not surprise me if Israel does a sneak attack for self defense purposes.I know the world community would'nt like it but despite what man thinks God is in the picture also.I can see a war against Israel coming headed up by Russia and Iran and islamic countries and yet Israel will win.Ezekiel 38.In this war nobody in the west helps Israel,not Great Britian,America,etc Israel will be all by itself and yet win because God will help them and Michael The archangel that protects and defends Israel.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

NUMBER ONE: ANY agreement signed with a nation that has repeatedly stated its intention to wipe another country off of the map, that has long-term been engaged in all sorts of evil activities that include murder, genocide and mayhem - both directly and clandestinely - is not worth the paper it's written on. The leaders of Iran are members of an evil cult. They believe that lying to Westerners (who they equate with Christianity) is more than moral. They believe that by WHATEVER means they achieve their goals is good. Lying? Deception? Good, good! And yet Obama and co. would have us hold out hope that they will honor their agreements. How stupid, not to mention naive, can they be? It's almost as if they are working with Iran to deceive the world. Only the truly brain-dead can think this agreement is a good idea. Remove sanctions - against IRAN???!!! Are you kidding me? The sanctions have greatly limited their abilities, financially - which is very important.

From a practical standpoint, we don't control the inspection process - THEY ultimately do. They'll merely show us WHAT they want and WHEN they want to do so. This makes all verification of obeying the agreement a sick joke - meaning that Obama and Kerry were intent upon getting this worthless piece of paper signed, no matter what. We're to believe that serious negotiations delivered this nightmarish agreement? The reality is, at some point, all of this accommodation of a rogue nation like Iran will mean the opposite of peace. Look at the end-time theological beliefs Iran's Inmans and leaders subscribe to. They are madmen. They butchered their own citizens and children in the streets. You don't sign unenforceable agreements with such states. Period! At some point, there will be a war with Iran - as they threaten so many interests. And ANY Christian should know that any nation who has Israel in their gunsights is sowing their own destruction, it's just a matter of how and when that plays out!

It's one thing to have to deal with evil. But you sure as heck don't foolishly enable its goals!
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Forgive the gallows humor y/:] ... what's flat and glows in the dark ? :shock: ... Tehran, right after they launch their first nuke. :esurprised:

Just because the current administration won't, sure as heck doesn't mean the next won't either... Supreme leader is playing with fire ... and I bet is willing to sacrifice his entire population to meet his 12th Imam return scenario ...
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I have heard through the bible prophecy grapevine that in about 4 years Israel be completely non-dependent and self sustaining even with energy they are changing over to natural gas ,they produce too much food for even them and supply other countries fruit,vegetables,produce,etc and they are building hospitals under mountains and will not have to rely on any help from any country at all.The fig tree is putting forth leaves.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.