Thinker Signing Off...

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Thinker Signing Off...

Post by Believer »

Hello Christian brothers and sisters,

Well, it has been fun being on the forums, something I never had the chance to do much in life. As I walk down the road of my life being the Christian that I want to be, I spend a lot of time devoted to this forum, and I am on too often. The purpose of Christianity is to grow in Christ, something I have been lacking, and this forum is part of the reason it is lacking. I hardly read my Bible and hardly go to church, and well, I need to be doing those things. I have learned that spending tons of time on this forum gets me nowhere when I am trying to get somewhere. Bear in mind, I have received help, and I thank you for those that have helped me. I need to spend my time in the Word and not be so caught up in many things that don't matter. One major thing would be science. Now I know science can explain the "hows" of something, but it can't explain the "whys". I spend to much time getting caught up in science, science shouldn't be priority, the Bible is. And frankly, I don't care for science much anymore because it is always changing and it is endless while the Bible isn't. What I need to be doing is reading the Bible, that should be my "science". God clearly mentions that things cannot be seen or detected for that matter because of His power, and I greatly respect that. Too many people rely on science as their bible for the explanation of everything, and that can be the case for them, but for me, that is not the case. The Bible is powerful and active, and I must learn, I must be a part of it, I must take the life it offers and the greatness and love Jesus provides. I realize now as I look back a few weeks-months, things have been changing, like invisible doors are being closed off for God to head me in the right direction, and the more doors that close, the only option is the Bible, which I get the feeling to read but I don't read it. So reading will now be a priority. I have tasted 10-30 second random occurring segments of the atheist and/or agnostic worldview, and it makes me sick to have that brief taste of what I could become if I continued in my lack of Bible reading, church going, and other things. I have tasted that worldview and it is horrible. For once in a great time, God has given me these tastes kinda when I least expect it but think wanting to taste it, and I can see for example what life is like to believe in pure godless evolution, when I had those moments of that taste, I literally knew what it was like to have that worldview, I could see and think that everything around me was a giant accident. But then the bitter taste of it goes away moments later, and I am plugged back into God. It's like having a limited amount of money you can barely live on and you do care versus being extremely rich and blowing your money on anything without a care, or tasting the sweetness of life after accepting Christ and then a spoon full of dirt is shoved in your mouth. Those aren't the best analogies because it is hard to explain, but all I know now is that I have been in the other worldview 100% for brief moments, I guess a different analogy would be having a split-personality. I intend to live life the way God planned it, and I ain't letting no skeptic bring me down. At any rate, this is Thinker signing off...

"And in case I don't see you, good-afternoon, good-evening, and goodnight!"

God bless you all!
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Thinker Signing Off...

Post by Byblos »

Thinker wrote:this is Thinker signing off...

"And in case I don't see you, good-afternoon, good-evening, and goodnight!"

God bless you all!

God bless you too Thinker. Just remember God is always on your side no matter what. You will be missed in this forum but you will be in our thoughts and prayers. If you can, drop us a line once in a while and let us know how you're doing. Good luck brother.

Byblos.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

It was good to have had the chance to have even begun to know you.
I wish you well,

Untill next time.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Yes God Bless Brian. It has definately been a Privilege meeting you and sharing with you. I am sad but happy that you have discovered the Bible and are making the Word your Standing Ground.

Upon this Rock we shall stand, The Rock of Jesus! Praise be to him who understands this! Brian I have seen a Change in you since the first time I met you and it has been great to see this change!

In Christ
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Okay, so I got cold-feet :lol:. I'm back, couldn't stand not being here. I am limiting my posting and my time on the forum though. Too much forum time got my parents attention and they started complaining, they were like "Why don't you do something more productive in your life and go back to college." Oops, did I forget to go to fall term :oops:?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Thinker wrote:Okay, so I got cold-feet :lol:. I'm back, couldn't stand not being here. I am limiting my posting and my time on the forum though. Too much forum time got my parents attention and they started complaining, they were like "Why don't you do something more productive in your life and go back to college." Oops, did I forget to go to fall term :oops:?

LOL! Good to have you back man, even with a limited post time (Ya just couldn't stay away, couldya?).

P.S. Get off the computer and go to school.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Ha! I knew it! I tried to post yesterday here that I didn't think you'd be away forever and about how it's good to have others to encourage you and all that, (I partially was writing of myself.) I also wrote of how I've struggled with actually reading the Bible, (even though I always honestly want to.)

I have had a recent turn-about with that, however. I've been requesting of God to do certain works in me regarding my spiritual growth, (requiring pain for the gain, however,) and He took me up on it as happy as a kid in a candy store! One of the "fruits" is that He was brought me back to His Word in practice. As I asked Him, He is having me crave His Word just like a used to. And in such a way that I have found myself reading it again

Brian, just sincerely ask Him to change your heart and make you fall in love with His Word and to read it. Worked for me! Just don't try and answer that prayer yourself. If you do try to make yourself love it and read it you will be negating whatever true work He's doing in you regarding that. Ask Him to do it with an understanding of your own weakness and then let Him do what you asked Him to.

Oh! Right! The computer I was on yesterday froze just after I finished that post, (God likes to do that on me when He doesn't want me to post but wanted me to get it off my chest.)