Gay Rights, The Law, the Court Clerk, and THE BAKERS

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Gay Rights, The Law, the Court Clerk, and THE BAKERS

Post by Philip »

OK, is there a difference here between the court clerk refusing to do what the law says she must and these Christian bakers who refused to decorate a wedding cake for a gay wedding? Should the bakers pay their fine while appealing? What?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01/or ... tcmp=hpbt4
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Gay Rights, The Law, the Court Clerk, and THE BAKERS

Post by Nessa »

I noticed the sign the woman was carrying about why we all can't just eat cake equally....well, it's not actually about the 'cake'.

Hey! wait..did I just say it's not about the cake? :shock:

What is wrong with me?!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Forced tolerance is NOT tolerance.
Forced acceptance is NOT acceptance.
As soon as people understand this, the better.

When a government is allowed to pass a laws the tells the private sector WHO they MUST cater to, then the problem isn't the government, its the people that ALLOW the government to pass these laws.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

When a government is allowed to pass a laws the tells the private sector WHO they MUST cater to, then the problem isn't the government, its the people that ALLOW the government to pass these laws.
:amen:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes, it's not as if the gay couple didn't have many other choices of bakers that would have gladly accommodated them. Notice how, in such situations, the supposedly aggrieved gay persons don't see how THEY are discriminating against the right of a Christian to practice their spiritual beliefs - as CLEARLY, they do not view such personal rights as being a TWO-way street! And they not only don't respect the right of others' beliefs, but THEN they sue them so as to cause them much stress and cost. Why? Because they are more interested in scoring some supposed political point than they are simply understanding and respecting the business owner and driving a few minutes to another baker's business. Who is the REAL haters here?
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

The bakers did not refuse to decorate a cake for a gay marriage. They refused to decorate it for a same sex marriage. The two are not the same.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -marriage/

Perhaps if Christians would stop using the phrase "gay marriage" and only speak of "same sex" marriages it would help others to understand what we are trying to do.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

theophilus wrote:The bakers did not refuse to decorate a cake for a gay marriage. They refused to decorate it for a same sex marriage. The two are not the same.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -marriage/

Perhaps if Christians would stop using the phrase "gay marriage" and only speak of "same sex" marriages it would help others to understand what we are trying to do.
Don't be silly. It's the same thing. Gay marriage means the couple is the same sex. If a man and woman get married, and one of them happens to be attracted to the same sex, their heterosexual marriage is not called a gay marriage.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I was listening to some political pundit the other night and he said 60% of Christians are not voting.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:I was listening to some political pundit the other night and he said 60% of Christians are not voting.
Define "Christian", in regards to the poll.

If it's defined as anyone who calls themselves Christian, then that's probably close to 70% of the US population.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:I was listening to some political pundit the other night and he said 60% of Christians are not voting.
Define "Christian", in regards to the poll.

If it's defined as anyone who calls themselves Christian, then that's probably close to 70% of the US population.
Sorry I was just listening to him ramble on about Christians not voting while I was driving.I was not able to verify though but he seemed to be making sense in explaining why Christians should vote.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, one thing about America, the Supremes can easily nuke our votes. But, yeah, terrible many Americans don't vote!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Well, one thing about America, the Supremes can easily nuke our votes. But, yeah, terrible many Americans don't vote!
Diana Ross?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Diana has help! Unfortunately.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Now, EVERY perceived thing is considered a "right" if it COULD be offered by some public entity, but isn't.

Check out this - ACLU suing Catholic hospital for not offering abortions:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/453072264600 ... show-clips

What do you guys think about THAT?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Now, EVERY perceived thing is considered a "right" if it COULD be offered by some public entity, but isn't.

Check out this - ACLU suing Catholic hospital for not offering abortions:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/453072264600 ... show-clips

What do you guys think about THAT?
DAMN CATHOLIC HOSPITALS! HOW DARE THEY TRY TO DO THE MORALLY RIGHT THING!!!!

-Edward R Murrow