Jessica Simpson Losing Her Christian Faith

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Jessica Simpson Losing Her Christian Faith

Post by Believer »

SIMPSON SHIES AWAY FROM CHRISTIAN ROOTS

Blonde bombshell JESSICA SIMPSON has abandoned her strict Christian upbringing, admitting she rarely goes to church or reads the bible anymore.

The DUKES OF HAZZARD star launched her career on the Christian music circuit - backed by her Baptist minister father JOE - and famously refused to have sex before marrying husband NICK LACHEY.

But her current Hollywood lifestyle has little in common with her Southern Baptist childhood.

She says, "Me and my family got out of that and came to LA.

"To see all forms of meditation and prayer made me less judgemental."
Thinker wrote:See what Hollywood does to people? These stars get so settled into their Hollywood lifestyle, that they either start losing faith, or they convert to some cult like Kabbalah or Scientology. Most people in Hollywood now hold these cult faiths. It is a pity to see such things happen. As to why they give up their once true faith for another cult faith is beyond me, maybe trying something else that isn't so demanding? I'm not sure. All I know is that Kabbalah and Scientology have nothing really to do with the Christian faith, and they also possess a strict set of living guidelines just as the Bible does, so why get into a cult faith if Christianity is the way to salvation and these others aren't? Why do they lose faith? It's Hollywood pressure, so demanding and no respect.
SOURCE: CLICK HERE
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Going to a church != Christianity. Therefore I'd be more interested to hear Jessica's own view rather than something written by those who think "not" going to church means one is turning away from Christianity.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

no it's not Brain.
One famous example is Dolly Parton.
This lady is very solid in her faith yet she rarely attends church.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Deborah wrote:no it's not Brain.
One famous example is Dolly Parton.
This lady is very solid in her faith yet she rarely attends church.
Most people lose faith they grew up in and/or transition into a cult faith in Hollywood, but not all :wink:.
tarreyl
Familiar Member

jessica simpson dressing trasher in her music videos

Post by tarreyl »

did you see jessica simpsons new music video? there where saying that she was dressing was revaling. Then in her in biography she say that she was a christen then she just changes all of a sudden. it seem to some people god is like shoes they can just throw away when they get bored. I guess jessica doesnt really care about god.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

It's called compromising. Why it's so prevalent in Hollywood is that their work almost demands it of them. They concede, and in conceding they obviously weren't all that staunch about their beliefs in the first place, and become even less so the more they allow themselves into "the world". It's a fast-paced, bewildering downward spiral for them, I'm sure.

It's easier to say, "Well, that dress isn't as revealing as others, and I guess it's okay," when it's what you're expected to wear or informed you should wear as a career move. Kind of like how Oprah could tell herself, "I'll give my money to charity when I die; giving it now could cause me to lose my position because people would think I'm crazy, and I can earn interest off it in the mean time." There are all sorts of concessions I could imagine one could easily make when put in the right situation.

I myself am a master rationalizer. I can rationalize my way into anything if I really wanted to. It'd be a difficult thing to keep my sinful nature in check and my rationalizations accurate if I were put under enough strain.

Also, there are many other Christians out there who make drastic concessions, but they just aren't as public and so well-known. It's a little unfair to pretend it's just Hollywood "Christians" who do that. I'm sure there's quite a number of Christian women who dress less appropriately than they should for the same reasons the stars do... only they do it more modestly because, let's face it, those nauseating V-necks female stars are now famous for would get them fired and would obviously be inappropriate. If you gave those same Christian women a chance on the runway they might very well rationalize and concede their way into a "stylish" V-neck. If not just for art. Because you know God made their bodies a work of art, and wouldn't it be glory to Him to show off His art? After all, aren't there naked people covering the Sistene Chapel's ceiling for the sake of art and glory of God?

But I'm of course not condoning it. It's repulisive and makes me want to throw things at the TV and hit the Power button really hard to turn that garbage off. I then turn to God and cry out in despair and frustration something like, "Urrrggghhhh!!!"
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

it seem to some people god is like shoes they can just throw away when they get bored. I guess jessica doesnt really care about god.
So is Jessica Simpson like a pair of shoes you can just throw away. When she fades into obscurity and people find someone else they like, then they won't really care about Jessica at all, maybe she'll turn back to God, then.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust