Making it personal with non christians

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Making it personal with non christians

Post by Nessa »

I am in no way an anti intellectual but I think there is something to be said here that a lot of christians miss....

http://www.thepoachedegg.net/the-poache ... X1I.mailto
    RickD
    Make me a Sammich Member
    Sex: Male
    Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Making it personal with non christians

Post by RickD »

If your point is that we should care about people, instead of just reading from some "evangelizing script to try to save someone", then I couldn't agree with you more.

It reminds me of a story...

I was at a party, and was with my BIL who is a pastor. A guy he knew, came over, and was talking to him about some evangelizing thing the guy was doing. And I still remember this guy saying that "he saved over a hundred people" during that meeting, or whatever it was.

It took all I had to bite my tongue, and not respond to this misguided stranger. HE saved over a hundred people, did he? Was it some kind of contest, to see who could save the most people?

First off, God does the saving. How egotistical is it to think he actually saved anyone from anything.
    John 5:24
    24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    -Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
    Nessa
    Ultimate Member
    Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Making it personal with non christians

Post by Nessa »

Yes, thats my point :)
    I know this isnt a social club forum (yet... :P kidding! ) but I believe God still wants us to care on a personal level..otherwise we are just talking a numbers game....e.g 'I saved a 100 and don't care who they are...'

Ive seen that happen in my old church