Do YECs accept "ordinary days"?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
zacchaeus
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Do YECs accept "ordinary days"?

Post by zacchaeus »

Rick, probably the numerical prefixes we see that when are affixed can change meanings of words, or like area-codes in front of numbers, you could have same numbers but their prefixes change their location, country, state, county, city.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

zacchaeus wrote:How can God create and it be good in the midst of disease and death, if it already existed? What atonement is their for man or the need of a Savior- for what already existed? What gymnastics can y'all do around 'sin' that entered by way of Adam, in which the wage of that sin, is DEATH???
He had restored it and started with a new world and it was very good until Adam and Eve sinned.I'd like to explain this to Ken Ham.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Because ACB said... Where's the scriptures that say exactly what you just said?
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

I get it I am definitely the lone ranger on this thread lol- I get it!!!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

zacchaeus wrote:Because ACB said... Where's the scriptures that say exactly what you just said?
It will require some biblical study on your part but I think you should first do a hebrew word study on the hebrew words "bara" and "asah" and understand the difference,they do not mean the same thing,once you understand this whenever you see the words "created" or "made" you'll then know the difference and won't read them like they mean the same thing.This is important because I know you either did not realiaze this and read the bible like they mean the same thing,just believed what you were taught from a young earth perspective,etc. Plus add in all of the other biblical points that I gave you,you may need to go back a few pages or so and review. It is not just a few reasons, it adds up though.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

zacchaeus wrote:I get it I am definitely the lone ranger on this thread lol- I get it!!!
No don't look at it like that.I'm the one in the minority here,I'm the Lone Ranger but I don't think it matters,I'll be in the minority gladly if I'm right.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

I hope zachaeus is'nt mad.How come we cannot discuss creation interpretations without people getting offended and taking it personal? All a person has got to do is present what the word of God says to back up their interpretation to see who is more right. It should not matter who is right because this is God's word we are talking about and our opinions mean little.If I'm wrong and somebody shows me biblically why I'm wrong I'll change my mind,but peoples opinions,appealing to majority,etc matters little to me.I only want to strive to understand what God's word says and I think every Christian should be like this.What frustrates me though is when you show somebody why they are wrong biblically,they get mad,take it personal,etc like you are attacking them,when the problem is theirself and hard-headedness and it is because they refuse to change even if they are wrong,they'll just hide behind Jesus and appeal to majority opinion.You cannot help it if people choose to just believe what they want to.I want somebody to correct me if I'm wrong biblically.This is not directed at anybody here,it just how I see things and feel about these kinds of topics.

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Lol, nobody is 'mad' ACB... Except gap theorist's lol
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

I study every day, and this isn't my first go around. I've asked many questions with some points of my own here, and they've seemingly been overlooked- at least not addressed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Zacchaeus,

When I get a chance, I'm going to address the points/questions you brought up.

Please forgive me if I miss any. If I don't address something you want me to, please post it again. I'm not going to intentionally miss it. If it's something I don't have an answer to, I'll let you know. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

zacchaeus wrote:Rick, probably the numerical prefixes we see that when are affixed can change meanings of words, or like area-codes in front of numbers, you could have same numbers but their prefixes change their location, country, state, county, city.
http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/longdays.html
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

zacchaeus wrote:How can God create and it be good in the midst of disease and death, if it already existed? What atonement is their for man or the need of a Savior- for what already existed? What gymnastics can y'all do around 'sin' that entered by way of Adam, in which the wage of that sin, is DEATH???
Disease and death are necessary parts of the circle of life. Without death, there's no life.

Christ's atonement is for mankind ONLY. Death by sin, spread to all MEN. Not all life. So, death in the animal kingdom before Adam's sin, has no bearing on Christ's atonement.
Romans 5:12

As you can see in Romans 5:12, it's talking about human death ONLY.

-Edward R Murrow

zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

That article is ridiculous, sorry, but didn't change my mind. What boggles it though is things like, 'well, day three couldn't if been 24hrs cause the process of vegetation takes over a year', give me a break. Through the lens of science, yes, but science is not how we proof the text, I find it utterly repulsive... Sorry again. I find myself in no position to question God if He said He did what He did- who am I to question Him? I simply believe Him in faith, even if a math teacher, a scientist, an agnostic, atheist, other Christian, or any other skeptic trys to make Him a liar, may His word be true. The fact that science tells me God couldn't do what He said He did, without any reasoning on my part, but that thought along- He can't, makes me believe Him soo much more. He does as He pleased... Even when we cannot fathom nor understand. Science trys to discredit miracles with facts, or could of beens- are you saying you don't believe in miracles, because ALL of creation is a miracle... And some of yalls biblical-world views suggest such disbelief, and I don't believe it!!! Lol.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

zacchaeus wrote:;)
Does this mean you are coming around to the idea of an old earth?The evidence in the earth and even the universe tells us it is old.Just the amount of death and exctinction in the earth that produced coal and oil and fossils tells us the earth is old yet in order to hold to YEC one must make all of this evidence trapped in layers of strata fit into a 1600 year time period according to YEC's own time-line and there is no way possible to make this much death and exctinction fit into a 1600 year time-frame from Genesis 1:3 - to Noah's flood.